The Student Room Group

Art ideas needed please

Hi guys, so i have 2 weeks to do some preparation for my art exam and i have finally chosen a topic. Like fantasy characters such as the Disney princesses and barbie etc- showing their true endings (dark and negative preferably)
i found an artist : Dina Goldstein.
I want some ideas that are relative but different to her work she did with the disney princesses and barbie, maybe different media?
i dont know- i can do photography but that means getting people to dress up which i dont have time for, but i might have to do.
any ideas please leave behind
much appreciated
thank you
Reply 1
- Quick edit, the theme of the exam is relationships, and I choose the relationship between reality and fantasy.
Perhaps you could portray someone who tries to escape reality by making up their own fantasy, which embodies all the horrible, dark aspects of reality in a more fun, yet still twisted way.

For instance, you could do a piece where you show one side, the horrible reality and the other with the makeshift fantasy, which can be as dreamy as you like.

Not sure if that's what you're after but hope it helped :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Perhaps you could portray someone who tries to escape reality by making up their own fantasy, which embodies all the horrible, dark aspects of reality in a more fun, yet still twisted way.

For instance, you could do a piece where you show one side, the horrible reality and the other with the makeshift fantasy, which can be as dreamy as you like.

Not sure if that's what you're after but hope it helped :smile:

Thats a really good idea! Thanks.
Problem is in my exam preperation sketchbook i have started in a different direction to that, i was gonna do love but teacher said too cheesy (after i done all the work) so she said change it around to something like famous love stories or something in that direction, and a mate told me about dina goldstein and i was inspired :biggrin:D
i just want ideas on wht i do that similar to her art and relates but not copying.
Thank you
Or even something like this: http://handcannoerase.com/

It's a fictional blog for an album release that centres around a woman who just chooses to isolate herself in the streets of London because she simply wants to disappear. I personally find it quite hard to read into and perhaps it's not as fantasy as it could be but this is the kind of reality i'm trying to refer to.
Reply 5
Or even something like this: http://handcannoerase.com/

It's a fictional blog for an album release that centres around a woman who just chooses to isolate herself in the streets of London because she simply wants to disappear. I personally find it quite hard to read into and perhaps it's not as fantasy as it could be but this is the kind of reality i'm trying to refer to.

Wow:biggrin: i love that! thanks so much for that, Im gonna read it and see if it gives me any ideas, its very interesting and its the kind of thing im interested in
Original post by Chahara
Wow:biggrin: i love that! thanks so much for that, Im gonna read it and see if it gives me any ideas, its very interesting and its the kind of thing im interested in

I recommend you listen to the album as you go along but hey, preferences on that :smile:
Original post by Chahara
Thats a really good idea! Thanks.
Problem is in my exam preperation sketchbook i have started in a different direction to that, i was gonna do love but teacher said too cheesy (after i done all the work) so she said change it around to something like famous love stories or something in that direction, and a mate told me about dina goldstein and i was inspired :biggrin:D
i just want ideas on wht i do that similar to her art and relates but not copying.
Thank you

My bad, saw this a bit late. I think a really easy one to do and one you'll have loads of commentary for is representations of women in the media and the reality of it and how it causes some people to be deluded (fantasy aspect), which once again can be as wild and as colourful as you wish :biggrin:. You could easily make it in the style of her art and it's a pretty interesting topic too :smile:

Think i got a little carried away, so sorry haha but that's what you get when you go out with an artist :tongue:
Reply 7
I recommend you listen to the album as you go along but hey, preferences on that :smile:

My bad, saw this a bit late. I think a really easy one to do and one you'll have loads of commentary for is representations of women in the media and the reality of it and how it causes some people to be deluded (fantasy aspect), which once again can be as wild and as colourful as you wish :biggrin:. You could easily make it in the style of her art and it's a pretty interesting topic too :smile:

Think i got a little carried away, so sorry haha but that's what you get when you go out with an artist :tongue:

haha no worries, it related anyway :tongue: haha artists are amazing tho, people need to see that :wink:

I also like that, your packed with amazing ideas, but i think i wont manage to explore that in 2 weeks xD, it will take me years cause like its a good details subject :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest