The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roadrage27
Have you done the barclays spring week? If yes, how did it play out in terms of structure and activities?

mon - banking presentations/case studies/learning some technicals
tue - trading/case studies/presentations/trading game
wed - private corporate banking/presentations/case studies/networking event till around 8pm - choose work shadowing preferece
thur - workshadwoing preference 1 - other bits and bobts/preparing for big friday presentation
fri - workshadowing 2 - final group presentation/interviews
Original post by gr8wizard10
mon - banking presentations/case studies/learning some technicals
tue - trading/case studies/presentations/trading game
wed - private corporate banking/presentations/case studies/networking event till around 8pm - choose work shadowing preferece
thur - workshadwoing preference 1 - other bits and bobts/preparing for big friday presentation
fri - workshadowing 2 - final group presentation/interviews

Nice one, thank you so much! what was the final group presentation on?
Original post by Roadrage27
Nice one, thank you so much! what was the final group presentation on?

my team had to research and present our findings on what IB clients would need in 10 years time and how the firm can adapt their product offering to suit their needs.

approached by looking at trends and modelling assumptions relative to likelihood & worked inwards from there. presentation should last around 20 mins with 10 min Q&A at the end.
Reply 8283
Hi i have my SW starting tommorow, a bit nervous. Could i have some advice from the other students doing SWs and from people who were offered a summer place. How many got got chosen/called back, and what kind of thing would be reccomended in order for me to stand out- from your experience. What kind of things would be expected for them tho think that i am a good candidate. Thnks
Original post by nxjx
Hi i have my SW starting tommorow, a bit nervous. Could i have some advice from the other students doing SWs and from people who were offered a summer place. How many got got chosen/called back, and what kind of thing would be reccomended in order for me to stand out- from your experience. What kind of things would be expected for them tho think that i am a good candidate. Thnks

Barclays - around half or just under half got called back for final rounds. Of those, not sure how many got offers.

What bank will you be weeking at?

With regards to standing out, read this: http://canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/spring-week-fast-track-101-by-drunkfish.184/
Original post by FanaticEV
sure wheres this paid summer "mate". first years dont get IB summers, so working in mcdonalds dont count here boi

Please stop

Schroders is an example of a big firm that takes 1st years
Boy wonder is at camb it's pretty easy to get stuff for summer through the careers portal
Small VC/PE firms who arent looking to convert and just looking for someone to help with work will take first years
Even bigger places like ECI partners will take first years

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile
i go to camb too. i know what im talking about.

i just want to hear from him specifically as i know he didnt manage a summer or a SW. where did he SW at then - no where

Lol why are you gassing for? I had a quick flick through your profile and it turns out you're just applying to university this year http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2801773&page=95&p=50275417#post50275417. Mr Keyboard warrior acting all big over the net when you haven't even achieved anything yet.

You're not worth wasting another breath on so get the f uck out of this thread you peasant. Come back when you're actually at university.

Don't bother with him. He's not even at university yet, so just another clueless troll mummy left past their bedtime. Nothing worse than youngers getting hyped up.
(edited 8 years ago)
i go to camb too. i know what im talking about.

i just want to hear from him specifically as i know he didnt manage a summer or a SW. where did he SW at then - no where

You are a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got experience with Logical reasoning tests? could you help me out?

link to the thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3259681&p=54997197#post54997197
Guys, which course do you prefer for IB. Maths with placement year at Bath or Maths with economics at UCL Thanks
Original post by wkit11
Guys, which course do you prefer for IB. Maths with placement year at Bath or Maths with economics at UCL Thanks

UCL
UCL

Why are you a great wizard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any summer opportunities for first year students? :smile:
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.

Posted from TSR Mobile

because im #1 wizard m8

[video="youtube;Z1q1JSBwTjQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1q1JSBwTjQ&list=UURrUWdBJ72wqKq2ZmoA85mg&index=31[/video]
Original post by itssimplyme

Yeah, most have gone though I think, it's too late in the cycle to apply.

I'll be a risk analyst at a retail bank head office for a first year summer, BoE have a first year programme. I don't think any of the major IBs have any formal first year programmes that you can apply directly too.
Yeah, most have gone though I think, it's too late in the cycle to apply.

I'll be a risk analyst at a retail bank head office for a first year summer, BoE have a first year programme. I don't think any of the major IBs have any formal first year programmes that you can apply directly too.

Ah, okay :colondollar: Thank you :smile:

Yeah, I just completed my analytical test for BoE, but messed it up royally :frown: Thanks for the reply anyway, shall see what I can organise privately :smile:
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Made me think of this

[video="youtube;tKNhPpUR0Pg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKNhPpUR0Pg[/video] :teehee:

I have the same question actually, you found any work experience or school leavers insight day anywhere?
:ahee:
Made me think of this

[video="youtube;tKNhPpUR0Pg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKNhPpUR0Pg[/video] :teehee:

Hahahahaha you are a wizeerd 'Arry. I love this video xD

Posted from TSR Mobile