The Student Room Group

AS retakes in 2016?

Hi, I'm in Year 12 at the moment and I'm a little confused about retakes next year if necessary. I've had parents evening tonight, and my History teacher told me I would be able to retake next year if necessary. However, my Psychology teacher told me that our year group would not be able to retake any AS exams at all next year. I'm hoping not to have to retake, but I would like to know just in case. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you :smile:
Original post by oswalds
Hi, I'm in Year 12 at the moment and I'm a little confused about retakes next year if necessary. I've had parents evening tonight, and my History teacher told me I would be able to retake next year if necessary. However, my Psychology teacher told me that our year group would not be able to retake any AS exams at all next year. I'm hoping not to have to retake, but I would like to know just in case. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you :smile:

Yes, you should still be able to retake AS exams for the current spec in Summer 2016. :smile:
Are u sure
I don't think you can retake AS exams anymore, they have been scrapped to prevent students bumping up theirs marks. Our Head of Year told us at assembly that this year is the first and last chance you get at sitting your AS exams.
Original post by Qaiseruddin
Are u sure

Original post by DeadEnd_96
I don't think you can retake AS exams anymore, they have been scrapped to prevent students bumping up theirs marks. Our Head of Year told us at assembly that this year is the first and last chance you get at sitting your AS exams.

There will be an opportunity to retake AS exams of the current spec in Summer 2016. Have a look at the provisional timetable for that exam period - the AS exams of the current spec (i.e. retake opportunities) have been scheduled on there. :yy:
Original post by Qaiseruddin
Are u sure

Usycool is absolutely correct
The examiners will provide resit exams for AS next summer and the dates are already timetabled

However
Your school may choose not to offer opportunities to resubmit coursework or to retake practical exams e.g. in the sciences or languages.
They will be teaching a different syllabus to new tear 12s and may not offer any revision sessions or support for your resit.
They may, though i can't think of any rational reason why, decide not to enter anyone for the resit exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest