The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LT1508
I am so excited to go! (fingers crossed I get the grades) Yeah I think they only have about 60 en suite rooms? Applications open 1st of June! Where abouts are you coming from, I will be coming from just West of London

Me too!! Currently stressing out about coursework... but we can do it! Just under 2 months then... it doesn't feel real yet, but when we have to start applying for a place to live, then I'm gonna freak out haha. Ahhh I'm just on the outskirts of London (kind of) too, like near Windsor. Quite a long way to move isn't it! So daunting.
Reply 3301
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Me too!! Currently stressing out about coursework... but we can do it! Just under 2 months then... it doesn't feel real yet, but when we have to start applying for a place to live, then I'm gonna freak out haha. Ahhh I'm just on the outskirts of London (kind of) too, like near Windsor. Quite a long way to move isn't it! So daunting.

Omg this is so weird we live so close!! I live in Hampshire, so around the Farnborough/ Camberley area! (not sure if you have heard of it but we are pretty close!) What a levels are you doing?
Hello all. Does anyone by any chance know what the time table was for last years speech pathology first year? I'm trying to sort childcare and don't know if it's 5 days at mmu or not?! Thanks x
Original post by lucasl1986
Hello all. Does anyone by any chance know what the time table was for last years speech pathology first year? I'm trying to sort childcare and don't know if it's 5 days at mmu or not?! Thanks x

Hey, as far as I can tell, it's Monday to Friday mostly full days with a break in between lectures sometimes and there are no lectures on Wednesday afternoons. If you email the uni for a sample timetable I'm sure they won't mind forwarding one to you :smile: have you firmed MMU then? If so, I have created a forum on here for other MMU students so we can get to know each other and give advice. Feel free to join :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3235229&page=3
Has anyone received any information at all from BCU after they received their offer? I haven't heard anything, or had any letter through the post from them.
Hi,
I'm also going to BCU in September, I only got my offer a week ago, I havnt received anything but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about ☺️
One of my conditions was to confirm my previous degree and past qualifications though and I scanned them all on yesterday and the lady quickly replied to say she'd received them so that was good 👍
Hi there. So I was chasing up my DMU offer and my mum rang them and they said that interviews finished yesterday and the people in there were given 24 hours to know, however when I rang they said I should hear back earliest by the end of next week due to the admissions tutor not being there? Anybody else heard anything?
I haven't heard anything from DMU after firming them. Wish I could help!
Original post by aderyn96
Hi there. So I was chasing up my DMU offer and my mum rang them and they said that interviews finished yesterday and the people in there were given 24 hours to know, however when I rang they said I should hear back earliest by the end of next week due to the asdmissions tutor not being there? Anybody else heard anything?

Still waiting to hear here too. Sent an email on 2nd April and had an automated response saying the person was on annual leave but the date was for June last year. Have emailed again today. Seems unfair that people with later interviews get to hear first. Especially as March was given as the date for being informed.
Hey guys, I'm going to the open day at DMU tomorrow...

if if there are any questions you want asking just let me know and I'll do my best; also if I find anything out I'll be sure to post!

they have been fairly vague in regards to the next steps after receiving an offer so hopefully tomorrow will give some clarification.
Original post by Kaylou12
Hi, I'm leaning towards UofM out of the two as well, but it's a tough choice! I think monthly rent is generally cheaper in houses, although you then have to add bills on top which will be a guesstimate. Halls have all bills included. What private halls were you looking at? There was one uni hall that I liked as it has postgrads as well as undergrads, but the chances of getting put there are probably quite low!

I was looking at general private halls such as manchester student village south and Q3 Apartments but i'm not sure! I will be 23 and feel like i'm going to be so much older than everyone else so i'm considering getting a place for myself but everywhere in the city centre is so expensive! That sounds great do you remember what it was called?
Original post by JordanC55
Hey guys, I'm going to the open day at DMU tomorrow...

if if there are any questions you want asking just let me know and I'll do my best; also if I find anything out I'll be sure to post!

they have been fairly vague in regards to the next steps after receiving an offer so hopefully tomorrow will give some clarification.

Have fun at the open day! Another step closer to the real thing!
Original post by LT1508
Omg this is so weird we live so close!! I live in Hampshire, so around the Farnborough/ Camberley area! (not sure if you have heard of it but we are pretty close!) What a levels are you doing?

Ahh yeah I know the area, how crazy! I'm currently doing the one year access to health professions course as I didn't a levels before... what about you? (ANNOYINGLY when I did do a levels for 3 DAYS [lol] I chose to do english, drama, psychology and biology... so woulda been perfect choices!) BUT OH WELL. Would you be planning to take a car to Marjon? I'm tryna figure out how plausible it'd be for me!
Original post by djavor
I was looking at general private halls such as manchester student village south and Q3 Apartments but i'm not sure! I will be 23 and feel like i'm going to be so much older than everyone else so i'm considering getting a place for myself but everywhere in the city centre is so expensive! That sounds great do you remember what it was called?

I live at Manchester Student Village in Lower Chatham Street right near Oxford Road train station - might be worth checking that out - think it has a slightly better reputation than MSV South and you can ask to be put with second or third years if you want older flatmates. (Also one of the cheapest halls - flats between 3-5 students - not luxurious but I am happy enough there and it feels safe/secure). Personally I would avoid Fallowfield area like the plague whether you go uni halls or private.
Original post by Growingold
Still waiting to hear here too. Sent an email on 2nd April and had an automated response saying the person was on annual leave but the date was for June last year. Have emailed again today. Seems unfair that people with later interviews get to hear first. Especially as March was given as the date for being informed.

Yeh I had my interview 24th Feb and have been dying to hear back every since... Just annoying because I don't know where I want to go yet, had offers for Newcastle and BCU and their accommodation is already open and I don't want to be left with rubbish accommodation if I choose those! I knew they'd added in an extra interview at the end of March so was patient in my waiting but I seem to be one of the few still waiting to hear from unis! Where else have you had offers? :smile:
Just firmed Uni of Manchester!! All becoming too real now omg
Original post by djavor
Just firmed Uni of Manchester!! All becoming too real now omg

Decision made - well done, let the real planning begin!
Original post by AmyPilot
Have fun at the open day! Another step closer to the real thing!

Yeah it's crazy! Can't wait haha
Original post by shropshirelass51
Has anyone received any information at all from BCU after they received their offer? I haven't heard anything, or had any letter through the post from them.

I was starting to wonder the same thing its been ages since I firmed my offer. Both MMU and UoM sent letters straight away. Oh well we'll hear eventually :smile:
P.S. I'll be a fellow shropshire commuter to BCU!!
Original post by fayeowen90
I was starting to wonder the same thing its been ages since I firmed my offer. Both MMU and UoM sent letters straight away. Oh well we'll hear eventually :smile:
P.S. I'll be a fellow shropshire commuter to BCU!!

I guess there's so real hurry, just want to make sure it is actually going to happen! Are you planning on traveling by train?

Quick Reply

Latest