Idk, the first few that spring to mind:

bohemian rhapsody - queen
jesus of suburbia - green day
summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
give it away - red hot chili peppers
tribute - tenacious D

stuff like that xD
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only heard of Bohemian Rhapsody and Tribute from that list... Not a fan of Bohemian Rhapsody though :colondollar:
I GOT A B IN MY A LEVEL MUSIC RECITAL! I genuinely though I'd failed that, I played so badly on the day!
Original post by blamethenargles
I GOT A B IN MY A LEVEL MUSIC RECITAL! I genuinely though I'd failed that, I played so badly on the day!

Congratulations! should be very relieved and proud of ya self :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
S3 is lovely! (Mostly.)

My FM has a combo of S3 and S4, so I'm not sure what corresponds to what. But there's 2 chapters in my stats which is not lovely at all hahah
Original post by MangoFreak
How many applied modules are you taking? :tongue:

FM with CIE makes you take a combination of all mechanics and stats so I've M3-M5 and S3-4 in FM, and S1 and S2 in normal maths (M1/2 and S1/2 are not done in FM) :frown:
Original post by rachelc142
s2 is bad enough for me. I feel for yaPosted from TSR Mobile

S2 is nice enough haha I like it because I've a textbook so stuff makes sense. But not having textbooks for S3-4 is insanely hard. I have to google everything from when to use each distribution to when to use pooled and unpooled variances for different means to when to use n-1 when looking at t-distributions...
Overall, a nightmare
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
FM with CIE makes you take a combination of all mechanics and stats so I've M3-M5 and S3-4 in FM, and S1 and S2 in normal maths (M1/2 and S1/2 are not done in FM) :frown:

Wow! Doesn't sound fun :tongue:
I think I'm definitely settling on Monash University (in Melbourne). The University of Melbourne is kind of crap for various reasons, even if it's ranked more highly.
My FM has a combo of S3 and S4, so I'm not sure what corresponds to what. But there's 2 chapters in my stats which is not lovely at all hahah

What do they cover?
Original post by O133
What do they cover?

My stats has the following chapters:
Bivariate data
t-distributions
Geometric distributions
Negative exponential distributions)
Hypothesis testing
Chi-squared (goodness of fit)
Changes in distribution functions (eg Y = X^3 and so on)
My stats has the following chapters:
Bivariate data
t-distributions
Geometric distributions
Negative exponential distributions)
Hypothesis testing
Chi-squared (goodness of fit)
Changes in distribution functions (eg Y = X^3 and so on)

Lots of stuff that doesn't come into Edexcel S1-3 then.
Original post by O133
Lots of stuff that doesn't come into Edexcel S1-3 then.

Wow haha
Original post by MangoFreak
I think I'm definitely settling on Monash University (in Melbourne). The University of Melbourne is kind of crap for various reasons, even if it's ranked more highly.

What reasons exactly?

I've always had the idea of Melbourne being the better uni overall: more targeted for law/banking etc. and produces better research.

To be fair, they are both in the G8 which is akin to the Russell Group.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
What reasons exactly?

I've always had the idea of Melbourne being the better uni overall: more targeted for law/banking etc. and produces better research.

To be fair, they are both in the G8 which is akin to the Russell Group.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they're both great unis for postgrad/research, but for undergrad Melbourne is just the worst (for me at least; it depends on what you want). They have this model for Bachelor's degrees, the "Melbourne Model", that basically forces you to do a Masters in your subject with them, because their standard three-year Bachelor's degree isn't actually equivalent to a Bach's from anywhere else, because they make 1/4 of the course up of elective "breadth subjects", which can't be from within the faculty of your major (so if I were to major in Physics, 1/4 of the course wouldn't actually have anything to do with Physics) PLUS Honours isn't available for every subject in the B.Sci, including Physics, so it's not really an option for me unless I want to spend an extra year doing what is effectively my undergrad.

That's at least my understanding of it. It was pretty much universally criticised as a cash-grab by the university when it was brought in in 2008, especially after it resulted in the downsizing of a lot of faculties (to my knowledge, labs are actually optional for B.Sci there, since it's cheaper to just do theory).

I've spoken to a lot of people regarding this, trying to decide whether it would be worth going to UoM just for the possible superiority of the teaching/course itself, but the general advice seems to be "If you know what you want to do, you probably don't want to go to UoM". I definitely know what I want to do, and I think doing Monash's Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research suits me far better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is it me or does anybody else...

Listen to motivational speakers while doing past papers. :moon:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Doesn't sound very good for your concentration...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I don't..
Why would you listen to speeches while doing a paper lmao
Original post by rachelc142
Congratulations! should be very relieved and proud of ya self :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I am relieved! I was so convinced I had a C at best!!! But hey ho, it's done now! ~chill~
Original post by binarythoughts
I don't..

Guess who's coming to the UAE :awesome:

Abu Dhabi this time

I have some questions... I can't find anything for gulf Arabic, and idk what is what

For example, present tense

would you say

Ana adroosoo
Anta tadroosoo

Etc for I study, you study

Latest