The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by turn-to-page394
:h: Thank you! Yup, I am:ahee:

So what house do you consider yourself to be in? (hypothetical scenario only :ashamed2:) Ravenclaw here. :smile:

Eeeeeek, don't remind me... :eek: Holy, is it actually that soon?! :ahhhhh:
So what is your first exam? :smile:

You won't find a bigger Potterhead than me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by irfan_blue
You won't find a bigger Potterhead than me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:unimpressed: Sureee...... :biggrin:
Tbh, there are loads of Poterheads in this world - I don't think we're on the radar really to be the 'best' :rolleyes:
It doesn't rly matter though whose the 'bigger Potterhead'. We all love Harry Potter and that's what matters. :yy: Fandom competitiveness is so overrated. :smile:

House? :h:

(Don't you just love being in our generation though cuz we grew up with the books. We are so lucky. :smile: )
Original post by idied
same here!
I have geography, 5th may!!
Can I just say there is way too many case studies to learn in just 3 weeks!

Geography erghhhhh it's so hard to revise it makes me cry :frown: but hopefully it will go well what exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This. After my mocks in January, I was like: 'Plenty of time, I've got the whole of Easter as well!'......... Where did all that time go :frown:

Good luck for english! :smile:

Haha the time literally flied past! Thanks :smile: what's your first exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5344
Original post by dumb cabbage
Geography erghhhhh it's so hard to revise it makes me cry :frown: but hopefully it will go well what exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge IGCSE. You?

I often find my self thinking,' why on earth did I take geography?'
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by idied
Cambridge IGCSE. You?

I often find my self thinking,' why on earth did I take geography?'

Mine is OCR specification b, same that's probably the one choice that o regret I much rather have done RE :frown: oh well we will get through it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:unimpressed: Sureee...... :biggrin:
Tbh, there are loads of Poterheads in this world - I don't think we're on the radar really to be the 'best' :rolleyes:
It doesn't rly matter though whose the 'bigger Potterhead'. We all love Harry Potter and that's what matters. :yy: Fandom competitiveness is so overrated. :smile:

House? :h:

(Don't you just love being in our generation though cuz we grew up with the books. We are so lucky. :smile: )

Yh I jus so want it to carry onn 😭 and I'm a gryffindor I'm quite persistent 😊😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5347
Mine is OCR specification b, same that's probably the one choice that o regret I much rather have done RE :frown: oh well we will get through it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious... how many case studies must you learn to play safe?

Overall we have around 30 or so and each case study is 7 marks each.

We get 6 questions, 2 on each theme, and we only have to do three of them. You?
Original post by moe889
Guys I have a question... next year the a level exams are going to be linear meaning we will be examined on our subjects at the end of two years. So what do I do If I pick four courses and want to drop one out on at the end of the first year? Or does it mean I have to take all four full a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school is teaching the AS alongside the A level so we can still drop if we want - the difference is the AS doesn't count towards the second year. Your school may be different though so check with your teachers when you next see them.
I am doing my GCSEs this year..

For A Levels I am doing:

-Spanish
-English Lit
-Graphic Communication
-Economics

:smile:
Reply 5350
Original post by fabsafxo
I am doing my GCSEs this year..

For A Levels I am doing:

-Spanish
-English Lit
-Graphic Communication
-Economics

:smile:

Nice. What do want to be?
What's graphic communication? It's not offered at our school :/
Original post by idied
Nice. What do want to be?
What's graphic communication? It's not offered at our school :/

Well I wanna go into the Media Industry..so like TV Presenting.Tv Journalism/Foreign Correspondent/News Reader.

Umm its like graphics (normal) but instead of making products you create a huge portfolio with art, images, writing, typography etc to create a message through a large book of our chosen theme.. cant wait til a levels in September!!:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5352
Original post by fabsafxo
Well I wanna go into the Media Industry..so like TV Presenting.Tv Journalism/Foreign Correspondent/News Reader.

Umm its like graphics (normal) but instead of making products you create a huge portfolio with art, images, writing, typography etc to create a message through a large book of our chosen theme.. cant wait til a levels in September!!:biggrin::biggrin:

That sounds like just the thing for me! Shame it's not offered at my school:'(. Oh well!
Good luck!
Original post by Gingerbread101
Just for the context of anyone who thinks I'm being horrible to you- she has revision and work to do :lol:

Lies! She's been bullying me :sad:

usycool1
x
Card her please? :bawling:
Original post by Black Rose
Lies! She's been bullying me :sad:

Card her please? :bawling:

I swear everyone on here wants Usy to card me :lol:
Original post by SSAA9
How is revision going guys? Are there any subjects that you have completely finished revising??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Science is the one I have completed revising I just need to do past papers
I keep forgetting that some people are already back at school because I still have a week off xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I keep forgetting that some people are already back at school because I still have a week off xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for meee
but I'm just running out of steam with revision tbh
everyday gets even worse
so not prepared
Haha the time literally flied past! Thanks :smile: what's your first exam?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it has :frown:.
My first exam is French listening, then french reading and writing, then biology paper 1... All on the same day... :mad:

Original post by irfan_blue
Yh I jus so want it to carry onn ������ and I'm a gryffindor I'm quite persistent ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah same... :frown: Though I do love it when JKR writes special things like backstories to characters. (Thank god. :biggrin:)

You mean stubborn... :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Original post by SampleX
Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't rub it in too much, they'll get mad. :biggrin:
But high five anyways. :colone:
Original post by ellie98
Same for meee
but I'm just running out of steam with revision tbh
everyday gets even worse
so not prepared

Sameeee

Like I'll complete a section of revision for one subject and be like yesssss

And then realise all the other stuff I got to do and just be like yeah movie night tonight stuff revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest