The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itssimplyme
Made me think of this

Original post by wkit11
I have the same question actually, you found any work experience or school leavers insight day anywhere?
:ahee:

Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Hahahahaha you are a wizeerd 'Arry. I love this video xD

Thread derailers :angry:

For those of you with one, how have you found your SW programme
Are there any summer opportunities for first year students? :smile:

you got the test for boe right, do you mean apart from them?
Original post by wkit11
I have the same question actually, you found any work experience or school leavers insight day anywhere?

Nah, I haven't - wbu? Not school leaver stuff though as I'm a first year student

Original post by welcometoib
you got the test for boe right, do you mean apart from them?

Yeah, did the analytical test earlier today - but that's definitely crossed off the list. Was hoping for something apart from that, yeah
Nah, I haven't - wbu? Not school leaver stuff though as I'm a first year student

Yeah, did the analytical test earlier today - but that's definitely crossed off the list. Was hoping for something apart from that, yeah

oh :frown: was it tough?
oh :frown: was it tough?

Surprisingly not, slipped up on little things - You didn't get points for getting parts of the question right, so for example if you need to choose 10 answers within 1 question(It was multiple choice), I got 9 right, but couldn't get the 5 points for the question :frown: ah well
Surprisingly not, slipped up on little things - You didn't get points for getting parts of the question right, so for example if you need to choose 10 answers within 1 question(It was multiple choice), I got 9 right, but couldn't get the 5 points for the question :frown: ah well

chin up, you got to the stage many got rejected from before even reaching there, will be fine :smile:
chin up, you got to the stage many got rejected from before even reaching there, will be fine :smile:

Is this test for SW?:hmmm:
Original post by wkit11
Is this test for SW?:hmmm:

sorrrrrrry
Original post by wkit11

Type 'student ladder' into Google. Then go 1st year degree - banking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
warning for baml summer week interns, they drill hard on technicals for ibd side on interviews post spring week
Original post by gr8wizard10
warning for baml summer week interns, they drill hard on technicals for ibd side on interviews post spring week

Thanks! Did they pick up on the IBD technical you picked up over the spring week or from your own research ? How was the spring week for you btw ? :colondollar:
Original post by lizzygrant
Thanks! Did they pick up on the IBD technical you picked up over the spring week or from your own research ? How was the spring week for you btw ? :colondollar:

given i expressed interest in stucturing/pricing derivatives for corp clients, it was very much focused towards that, and given my degree i suppose they just went with the line of questioning i guided and hinted towards. i felt very much in control of the interview.

it was tiring, given it was the 3rd but continiously learned throughout so very beneficial.
given i expressed interest in stucturing/pricing derivatives for corp clients, it was very much focused towards that, and given my degree i suppose they just went with the line of questioning i guided and hinted towards. i felt very much in control of the interview.

it was tiring, given it was the 3rd but continiously learned throughout so very beneficial.

Very good to hear :smile: Hope you can get this one over Barc haha. Was the interview long and did everyone have interview on Friday? Or they picked people then the rest can go home early?
Original post by lizzygrant
Very good to hear :smile: Hope you can get this one over Barc haha. Was the interview long and did everyone have interview on Friday? Or they picked people then the rest can go home early?

everyone had an AC on the Friday inc interview. For IBD we have a final round next week, everyone else gets offer/rej post today
everyone had an AC on the Friday inc interview. For IBD we have a final round next week, everyone else gets offer/rej post today

Do you get AC for your first preferred division only or do you get to pick between the first and second preferred division you chose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Do you get AC for your first preferred division only or do you get to pick between the first and second preferred division you chose?Posted from TSR Mobile

You choose whatever area you please

We don't get it today, they said next week which is still quick in my opinion. How did it go for you by the way? What was the procedure for you?
Original post by Razina17
We don't get it today, they said next week which is still quick in my opinion. How did it go for you by the way? What was the procedure for you?

went good

mad long is all I can reveal

How big are the teams on the corp structuring of IBD side? How does it differ compared to the structuring teams in S&T? thanks