The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English 2015

Thread for CIE IGCSE English Language and Literature 2015.

I am studying Silas Marner, Songs of Ourselves and All My Sons by Arthur Miller.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lazy Cynic

I am studying Silas Marner, Songs of Ourselves and All My Sons by Arthur Miller.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Unfortunately , I'm doing Merchant Of Venice , Jekyll and Hyde and Thomas Hardy Poetry. I'm not ready at all! :frown: Does anyone have notes for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
Reply 3
How much of the songs of ourselves poetry anthology have you looked at? We looked at it about a year ago then my teacher lost our books an anthology's. Now were stick with finding out our own research or looking at some other girls notes that did the exam last year! We did a mock for our songs of ourselves in February and gave us a copy of the anthology the day before and told us to "learn it" for the next day.
Reply 4
How does everyone revise poems? Do you just read over/make notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Hi I am doing Silas Marner and Songs of Ourselves too, but The Tempest is my drama instead. What kind of revision have you done for them? As I have done none so far, and now I'm having a mini panic aha
Doing Stories of Ourselves, Thomas Hardy poetry and All My Sons
Original post by Don Joiner
How does everyone revise poems? Do you just read over/make notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally go over them and try to analyse it myself again
I'm doing Hardy poems and Merchant of Venice, how can I revise these two? Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by igcse101
Hi I am doing Silas Marner and Songs of Ourselves too, but The Tempest is my drama instead. What kind of revision have you done for them? As I have done none so far, and now I'm having a mini panic aha

Im doing the tempest as well but i don't know how i should be revising. I just read my book over and over. Probably not the most effective way.

Anyone doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
Original post by cLizzied
Im doing the tempest as well but i don't know how i should be revising. I just read my book over and over. Probably not the most effective way.

Anyone doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?

Yes I am.
I've got my language exam on the 5th May. :frown:

Does anyone have any tips for Question 1? I'm really nervous about this question.
(edited 8 years ago)
How did everyone do on their english language exam earlier? I think i do ok. Not quite a C though. :smile:
Original post by cLizzied
How did everyone do on their english language exam earlier? I think i do ok. Not quite a C though. :smile:

I think it went great for me! Looking towards getting an A or maybe even an A* come august! Good luck though!
Hiya,

For language my school does the option of 50% coursework and 50% exam. If I have full marks in the coursework, what mark do I need in the 0500 exam in order to score an A*?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I'm doing Hardy poetry, stories of ourselves and All My Sons

Best of luck :smile:
I reckon I did badly on Q1! :frown: maybe 8/20 or less
On Q2 I did okay, maybe 7/10:smile:
But I aced Q3. Maybe 17/20

I was suggested 27 markes for an A and my markes would = 32

But knowone knows... Did you all find question 1 difficult? the seccond bullet point really tripped me up!
Same here James, I was so confused for Q1 but the others were alright :smile:
Original post by Morganblue68
Sorry, I'm doing Hardy stories of ourselves and All My Sons

Best of luck :smile:

Please could send me an essays or notes on Depature platform ; literally there nothing online for that poem lol
Reply 19
Original post by JamesLight1998
I reckon I did badly on Q1! :frown: maybe 8/20 or less
On Q2 I did okay, maybe 7/10:smile:
But I aced Q3. Maybe 17/20

I was suggested 27 markes for an A and my markes would = 32

But knowone knows... Did you all find question 1 difficult? the seccond bullet point really tripped me up!

I FINISHED HALF OF QUESTION 2 -- GUTTED !! :frown:(( CAN I STILL GET AN a * WHAT DO YOU THINK I WILL GET ON QUESTION 2 IF I DID HAIF ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending