The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Durarara is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. It definitely has one of the best cast of characters in anime.

I can't multi-task so I've just decided to ignore the studying part. How is your studying going?

OKayish. Was ill last week so cramming this week but am on target :smile:.
Original post by kkboyk
I'm not too sure myself. I've yet to read it, but all the information are here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-20/new-steins-gate-novel-tells-what-happens-6-years-after-game/.75771

HYPE HYPE HYPE, it looks like the 2nd season. Thanks so much for telling me about this:smile::smile::smile:
Original post by FlareBlitz96
HYPE HYPE HYPE, it looks like the 2nd season. Thanks so much for telling me about this:smile::smile::smile:

No problem. I might read and watch Steins Gate all over again :biggrin:
I didn't think Steins Gate was that good. I think you guys on here overated it lol
Original post by Dr Tenacious
I didn't think Steins Gate was that good. I think you guys on here overated it lol

I didn't really like it that much either.
Original post by Dr Tenacious

Everyone has different taste and opinion: for example, I wouldn't consider Naruto to be one of the best anime ever made (half way through Shippuden it got so bad).
I rewatched Steins;Gate earlier this year, and while it remains in my Top 50 and is unlikely to drop out anytime soon, it didn't *quite* live up to the astronomical amount of nostalgia I had for it. Though the dialogue was great, the characters themselves weren't as original as those of, say, Baccano! (though that's true for most series), and the episodes...

16 Spoilers for Steins;Gate ep onwards

...were a bit slow and repetitive, apart from the last (first? :p: ) one. Minor flaws in an otherwise perfect show, as far as I'm concerned.

[EDIT] Also, it's not just 'us guys on here' overrating it, A-P ranks it 3rd highest out of all the anime in its database, and if you exclude the new 4th series of Gintama since anyone who isn't a fan of the franchise is unlikely to keep watching that far, it's 2nd only to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. :beard:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I rewatched Steins;Gate earlier this year, and while it remains in my Top 50 and is unlikely to drop out anytime soon, it didn't *quite* live up to the astronomical amount of nostalgia I had for it. Though the dialogue was great, the characters themselves weren't as original as those of, say, Baccano! (though that's true for most series), and the episodes...

16 Spoilers for Steins;Gate ep onwards

...were a bit slow and repetitive, apart from the last (first? :p: ) one. Minor flaws in an otherwise perfect show, as far as I'm concerned.

[EDIT] Also, it's not just 'us guys on here' overrating it, A-P ranks it 3rd highest out of all the anime in its database, and if you exclude the new 4th series of Gintama since anyone who isn't a fan of the franchise is unlikely to keep watching that far, it's 2nd only to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. :beard:

One does not simply exclude Gintama:lol:. But yeah that's ridiculous, it's #1 after just one episode.
Original post by Red Fox
One does not simply exclude Gintama:lol:. But yeah that's ridiculous, it's #1 after just one episode.

:giggle: I should get around to marathoning it one day. But sequels do tend to do a lot better in such rankings (unless they're terrible compared with the original), simply because the people who didn't like the first series and left low ratings are less likely to watch them.
:giggle: I should get around to marathoning it one day. But sequels do tend to do a lot better in such rankings (unless they're terrible compared with the original), simply because the people who didn't like the first series and left low ratings are less likely to watch them.

How long will it take you to watch/read the whole series?

It's not as bad (or good, depending on your love for Gintama) as MAL, Gintama takes up 5 of the top 10 spots.

Yeah that makes sense with regards to sequels. Gintama is well worth it in my opinion. The start is a bit slow but it just gets better and funnier the more you watch. I've been watching 1 or 2 episodes per day for about 2 and a half months but I might pick up the pace soon because of the new season.

I've decided to not watch any anime for the rest of the week though because I'm feeling burned out. Let's see how long I can last:lol:.
Original post by kkboyk
How long will it take you to watch/read the whole series?

If we're just talking the first 201 episode series, it'd depend on how much I get into it. I like to watch lots of different anime at the same time (usually 18 ongoing series, with two complete series to watch while waiting for new releases), on top of manga, gaming and other commitments (like sleep :p:), but if we assume I like it enough to give it priority over most other things, I could probably finish it in under a month. Could be much slower than that if I'm not impressed, though.

As for the various sequels, again due to my love of variation, even if I loved Gintama I'd probably leave a gap and watch something different before coming back to it, so reaching the current 4th series would take a long time.
If we're just talking the first 201 episode series, it'd depend on how much I get into it. I like to watch lots of different anime at the same time (usually 18 ongoing series, with two complete series to watch while waiting for new releases), on top of manga, gaming and other commitments (like sleep :p:), but if we assume I like it enough to give it priority over most other things, I could probably finish it in under a month. Could be much slower than that if I'm not impressed, though.

As for the various sequels, again due to my love of variation, even if I loved Gintama I'd probably leave a gap and watch something different before coming back to it, so reaching the current 4th series would take a long time.

I have this sort of morning ritual where I catch up with any latest manga chapter, than before sleeping I would watch anime.
oooh i was wondering if anyone cosplay animes??? :O :O :O
Original post by Makashima
oooh i was wondering if anyone cosplay animes??? :O :O :O

I've cosplayed a few times, most recently Madaraki Fran from the manga Franken Fran, which I have far more photos for than my other two.

Photos

The other two were Shidou Mariya from Maria+Holic...

Photo

...and the Medicine Seller from Ayakashi and Mononoke (the makeup for this one was done from memory, so the face markings aren't an exact match)

Photo

How about you? :smile:
x

Wow omg thats so amazing, the 6 hands soooo freaky! :O
i got so confused, thought the picture glitched

I havent YET but will this summer, waiting for the exams to be over then I shall cosplay

I have a ciel and maid costume but not doing anything yet until summer
Gonna go to a comic con though ^_~
(edited 9 years ago)
x

I stalked ur profile, north west?
Are you going to the north west MCM in Manchester?

edit: double posted, SOZZZZ
Wow omg thats so amazing, the 6 hands soooo freaky! :O
i got so confused, thought the picture glitched

I havent YET but will this summer, waiting for the exams to be over then I shall cosplay

I have a ciel and maid costume but not doing anything yet until summer
Gonna go to a comic con though ^_~

Thanks! :biggrin: I like going for costumes that stand out, though six arms is going to be a hard one to beat next year... don't know who I'll be cosplaying next, but it won't be boring. :p:

I hope you have as much fun cosplaying as I did. :smile:

I stalked ur profile, north west?
Are you going to the north west MCM in Manchester?

North West Wales to be exact. :p: Though there aren't many expos or conventions around here, so I do have to travel over the border to get to my nearest. Telford MCM is the one I usually go to, but it was Minamicon in Southampton I was at most recently with the Franken Fran costume. :yes: That was a bit of a journey...

Manchester wouldn't be TOO difficult to get to, but I've heard that most of the MCM events are pretty much the same (though the London one is obviously much bigger), and I don't know anyone else from my group of friends who's going. Still, it's one to keep in mind for future. :smile:
Original post by kkboyk
There's a Tokyo Ghoul Dance video :eek:

[video="youtube;nL-OdkuXaL4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL-OdkuXaL4[/video]

Very strange dance, but it was well worth 3 minutes of my day.

The thing about Tokyo Ghoul for me is that the first season was very enjoyable with a thrilling end, I expected a lot more in season 2. I was confused and even the ending I didn't particularly enjoy. I'll probably still watch season 3 when it's out simply to see how Kaneki ends up, as well as Touka.

Also, slightly unrelated but it was on the previous page, I recently finished watching Steins Gate again and it was even better the second time around. It was a brilliant anime, probably one of the most enjoyable ones I've seen. I can't see how people didn't enjoy it.

Lastly, I started watching Durarara! but the start is very slow for me. I'm buffering on episode 3 at the moment, I'm hoping it will pick up when I continue watching after I've finished my assignments :biggrin:
Original post by Eloades11
Very strange dance, but it was well worth 3 minutes of my day.

The thing about Tokyo Ghoul for me is that the first season was very enjoyable with a thrilling end, I expected a lot more in season 2. I was confused and even the ending I didn't particularly enjoy. I'll probably still watch season 3 when it's out simply to see how Kaneki ends up, as well as Touka.

Also, slightly unrelated but it was on the previous page, I recently finished watching Steins Gate again and it was even better the second time around. It was a brilliant anime, probably one of the most enjoyable ones I've seen. I can't see how people didn't enjoy it.

Lastly, I started watching Durarara! but the start is very slow for me. I'm buffering on episode 3 at the moment, I'm hoping it will pick up when I continue watching after I've finished my assignments :biggrin:

I've started Tokyo Ghoul with the manga and then moved on to the Anime, and the manga makes much more sense (I'm loving the new tokyo ghoul, but the plot seems a bit slow for now).

Yeah Steins Gate is pretty cool when you watch it a second time. Those moment of reminiscing the anime just puts me in a state of euphoria :biggrin:

The awesome thing about Drrr is the interaction between the characters, though there isn't much character development :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending