The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by TritonSails
What if everyone in the amber band for CD right now got exactly the same score and they invite us to an ad-hoc FSB right in the middle of exams

What if the ad-hoc FSB was some sort of hunger games style event
I've been following this thread for a while but have never posted before - I had FSAC on 13/01 and eventually got rejected from DS but I am still waiting on CD. I was just wondering, has anyone actually been rejected for CD yet?
Reply 2942
Original post by lauren0821
I've been following this thread for a while but have never posted before - I had FSAC on 13/01 and eventually got rejected from DS but I am still waiting on CD. I was just wondering, has anyone actually been rejected for CD yet?

Yes, not sure about stats but people have been getting rejected both immediately and at each sift. I have no idea about how many people are left in the amber band compared to how many spaces are left :/
Just found out my FSAC score today, 17.42 so pretty chuffed with it! I've got an FSB for Comms next week anyone else in the same boat? I surely can't be the only GCSer?!

I have also had the sneaking suspicion that the floor hasn't been rising with each time
Reply 2945
I have also had the sneaking suspicion that the floor hasn't been rising with each time

Oh God don't say that :/! I have a contact in Fast Stream recruitment from my internship, just emailing with him now to confirm whether that's the case. He's replying instantly (and is always very helpful) so will post his answer.
Reply 2946
Original post by rm436
Oh God don't say that :/! I have a contact in Fast Stream recruitment from my internship, just emailing with him now to confirm whether that's the case. He's replying instantly (and is always very helpful) so will post his answer.

I take back that comment, he wasn't overly helpful and avoided the question! Perhaps I didn't word it clearly enough. Either way, he said we would definitely get the final decision this week so I guess that's something...
Original post by lors91
Just found out my FSAC score today, 17.42 so pretty chuffed with it! I've got an FSB for Comms next week anyone else in the same boat? I surely can't be the only GCSer?!

Wow well done!! I am still waiting for the result of my FCAS for Comms! Hope the FSB goes well :-)
Reply 2948

Just had a confirmation from a guy high up in the Fast Stream recruitment/assessment team that the band is narrowed, and people are rejected as well as accepted at every sift. Phew!
Reply 2949
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I.e. me logging into my candidate page at 10:13 pm, y'know just incase Parity have people on night shift.....
Original post by Lauws
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I.e. me logging into my candidate page at 10:13 pm, y'know just incase Parity have people on night shift.....

I would work nightshift for them if it meant getting my result quicker!

Good to have confirmation that people have also been getting rejected, I was also having that worry! Fingers crossed today is that day!
Please let today be results day...
Reply 2952
do they send you an email or do you have to log in to check yourself?

if you have to check yourself can someone direct me where to go?

i feel a bit daff lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2953
Found out I had passed the FSAC for GCS a few days after the event and have a FSB on the 28th of April was looking through my report today and the comments are very critical! looking at the way the marks are decided does this mean if you are scoring 2's/3's you won't get through the FSB?
Original post by AlFS94
Found out I had passed the FSAC for GCS a few days after the event and have a FSB on the 28th of April was looking through my report today and the comments are very critical! looking at the way the marks are decided does this mean if you are scoring 2's/3's you won't get through the FSB?

No. Everyone's report has plenty of criticism. If you weren't potentially good enough to pass the FSB they wouldn't have invited you (is my opinion). Just take the criticism on board to perform even better!
Reply 2955
Getting so fed up of waiting now :frown:
Original post by rm436
Getting so fed up of waiting now :frown:

Same I'm sick of it. Just tell us already. Still holding out up that we may find out later today, it's only 4pm...fingers crossed anyway.
Reply 2957
Original post by alexsasg
Same I'm sick of it. Just tell us already. Still holding out up that we may find out later today, it's only 4pm...fingers crossed anyway.

I usually give up at 6:00. At least we know we only have two days max. left of this pain!!
Reply 2958
Anybody up for a Jarrow Crusade esque march to Parity's offices? I mean I don't mean to cheapen the achievements and struggles of those men, but surely this represents similar if not worse adversity for those of us still waiting?
Reply 2959
Original post by Lauws
Anybody up for a Jarrow Crusade esque march to Parity's offices? I mean I don't mean to cheapen the achievements and struggles of those men, but surely this represents similar if not worse adversity for those of us still waiting?

I'm down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending