Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by ell365
How did you get feedback?

I sent them an email asking for it :smile:
Original post by Benhope7
I just had my parents read out my results, I got 1,2,1,1,1,1 :smile:

That SGUL rejection doesn't hurt so much now!

Snap! :biggrin:
I got my offer through yesterday too :smile: To those who are interested I'm a first time grad applicant with decent GCSE's and A levels, a First class degree and a GAMSAT of 64. I applied to 3 uni's and got 3 interviews and 3 offers :smile:
Reply 463
Congrats everyone on your offers looking forward to seeing you guys in Sept :biggrin:
I've not had a yes or a no!!

I'm worried that my post has been delivered to another house, we have a corner block of flats with the same door number as ours, on our street,, they get our post all the effing time
Original post by EBG92
Congrats everyone on your offers looking forward to seeing you guys in Sept :biggrin:

Seconded.

If any of you guys have any questions about the course I'd be happy to try and answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp

I'm worried that my post has been delivered to another house, we have a corner block of flats with the same door number as ours, on our street,, they get our post all the effing time

Give them a call definitely!! I'd be climbing the walls.
Original post by topsibelle
Give them a call definitely!! I'd be climbing the walls.

D'you reckon - or do you think it's pushy before the 17th?

I'm so English, I don't want to upset anyone... *headdesk*
D'you reckon - or do you think it's pushy before the 17th?

I'm so English, I don't want to upset anyone... *headdesk*

Haha! Just be really overly English - polite and apologetic - on the phone and I'm sure you have nothing to lose :wink: It just seems a little odd since everyone else has heard (on tsr at least!) so might be a technical glitch perhaps?

Did you check your UCAS? Someone mentioned theirs had been updated but they didn't get a notification email, I think?
If anyone else is studying for the GAMSAT in September and is in London, hoping to set up a study group so get in touch!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not heard anything yet either
Does anyone know what Nottingham's term dates and holidays are like?
Hahah, this is ridiculous. I haven't had a UCAS update, I haven't had a letter, but I've just had an invite to the open day so I assume either I'm waiting list or place!

Hahhahah I give upppppppppppp
Reply 473
Does anyone know what Nottingham's term dates and holidays are like?

I believe freshers week is 21st Sept, I would have thought we would start before then, but the wording of the letter suggests we start the week after.
Either way, it's another few weeks I can earn some money before I go!

Hahah, this is ridiculous. I haven't had a UCAS update, I haven't had a letter, but I've just had an invite to the open day so I assume either I'm waiting list or place!

Hahhahah I give upppppppppppp

Now would be an appropriate time to call them. I'd imagine you're wait listed if you haven't had a track update either. Still in the running! :wink:
Hi Everyone,

Congrats to everyone with an offer! :smile: i was so happy to get one yesterday just wondering if anyone has setup a Facebook group?
Reply 475
Jane, I have a place on a six-year course in case I don't get into GEM. The finance side really doesn't look as bad as I had envisaged, and I certainly don't have £45,000 kicking around either, ha! Several universities offer small bursaries each year, fees for the final two years are paid by the NHS, and there is also the BMA charity to consider. It's a daunting prospect, but with part-time work, the funding I've mentioned, overdraft and a bank loan, I'll be able to pay my fees. Also note that most universities allow you to pay in instalments spread across the year.

Do you know anything about Exeter with regard to this?! I have an offer for the 5 year course, and while I was there they talked about a bursary of some description but I can't see any info anywhere. Thanks
Original post by FreddyG
Do you know anything about Exeter with regard to this?! I have an offer for the 5 year course, and while I was there they talked about a bursary of some description but I can't see any info anywhere. Thanks

Sorry, I know nothing about Exeter and very little about 5-year courses! I know Sheffield have a bursary scheme of up to £1500 each year, so perhaps Exeter have something similar? Otherwise I would guess they were talking about NHS bursaries. Sorry I have nothing else to proffer!
I've taken liberties and made us a group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/831151383601376/
Reply 478
Sorry, I know nothing about Exeter and very little about 5-year courses! I know Sheffield have a bursary scheme of up to £1500 each year, so perhaps Exeter have something similar? Otherwise I would guess they were talking about NHS bursaries. Sorry I have nothing else to proffer!

No worries, thanks for your help! I'll give them a call. I'll probably be coming to Nottingham GEM myself; even with a bursary I can't see Exeter being as affordable, but I'm just making sure.
Reply 479
Original post by EBG92

Original post by fleur_de_haine
Seconded.

If any of you guys have any questions about the course I'd be happy to try and answer.

I had a few questions, if you wouldn't mind taking a stab at answering some.

- How well equipped are the PBL rooms? Are they accessible 24/7? Or even just 7 days a week?

- Anatomy teaching at Swansea seems incredibly well co-ordinated, with students from other Uni's utilising Swansea's Anatomy podcasts. Any idea how Nottingham compares?

- Do GEM students tend to stay in Derby for the 4 years or move to Nottingham after 18 months? I realise this one is probably variable from year to year, but would be interested in hearing your experiences.

- To what extent are basic science/clinical research activities available? I realise the majority of labs will be at Nottingham, but can students get involved in these? Even outside of curriculum? E.g. summer projects etc.

With reference to research, this post seems to suggest there is a society for such antics, but at the open day last year the admissions tutors highlighted that we would be on an accelerated course and there likely wasn't time for that... :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending