The Student Room Group

If You Were To Turn Back The Clock, Which A-Levels Would You Choose?

Scroll to see replies

I took Maths with Statistics, Economics, Business Studies, Product Design
I wish I took Maths with Mechanics, Economics, Business Studies and English Language.
I would have done physics instead of English Literature, and stuck with biology, chemistry and maths
For my as levels I chose:
English literature
Religious studies
History
Geography

Wish I had chose politics over English literature
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
I chose Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry. I'm going to be doing Physics at University, so I'd stick with the first three, which are the three I do now in Year 13. Chemistry, however, I didn't enjoy so much, or do as well in as in the others, so in its place, I may have picked IT, Economics, or even English. In that order of preference.
As it says above, If You Were To Turn Back The Clock, Which A-Levels Would You Choose?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose Geography, History and Literature.
I don't think I'd change anything. I did same subjects as the OP (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry). I'll be studying Computer Science next year at Uni, so I may have chosen Computer Science A level instead of Chemistry had my sixth form offered it. I didn't enjoy Chemistry as much as my other subjects, but definitely still enjoyed some of it and can't imagine I would have enjoyed any other subject more (out of the ones my sixth form offered).
Maths, Bio, Chem, AS English Lit.
Should have taken Psychology or Sociology instead of Maths tbh
I did maths, further maths and French, with AS Spanish. I wouldn't have changed my A levels for anything, but I might have done chemistry or physics instead of/ as well as Spanish, and potentially carried it on as a 4th A level if I liked it enough.
AS: Biology Chemistry Maths Spanish (instead of Geography)
A2: Spanish, Chemistry, Maths.

Didn't pick Spanish because this **** I hated also picked it...turns out he barely turned up to lessons anyway. Sigh.
I chose maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. i would definitely keep maths and further, and probably physics. i hated chemistry (yet still kept it on for A2 for some reason!), but i don't know what else i would have taken. maybe german if my school had offered it, or god knows even history. but if i took chemistry again would definitely drop after AS
God if only I could turn back the clock! only subject I actually like is Geography!
originally took Geography, Maths, English Literature and Spanish

cannot do English or Spanish to save my life and maths I was on a D whilst everyone was on A* and didn't want to bring them down or annoy them so I left and picked up something I liked (IT)

Yr 13 now I do Geography, English Literature and BTEC IT (doing 2 years in 1)

wish I would have chosen
- Geography
- BTEC IT
- History
- either Biology/ BTEC Science/ Psychology/ Maths for AS only
(edited 9 years ago)
AS: Art and Design, Physics, Maths, Chemistry
A2: Physics, Maths, Chemistry

I have applied to study physics at university, so I would keep my A2 subjects, but sadly, not art. At the start of year 12, I wanted to study art at university. I had found the coursework manageable at GCSE and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, AS was entirely different; after copious stress, deadlines and staring at plenty of blank sketch book pages, I was thoroughly fed up. By January I decided I was going to drop art after I'd completed AS. I would have been happier doing an essay subject like history, english or philosophy and ethics, and i really regret not taking an essay subject as I loved those subjects at GCSE. In the end it turned out okay and I got an A, but I still feel like I wasted an opportunity to add breadth to my A levels.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably have done double maths privately as an extra A level.
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Agriculture science
Biology
Geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably have done double maths privately as an extra A level.

Is that even possible ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To those thinking of doing economics, I would recommend history and/or politics (and obviously FM)
Original post by Ignitus7

I really wish I'd taken Science subjects. The only reason I didn't was because I'm a bit squeamish around blood and surgery :redface:. Unfortunately I was also put off by my mum, who really struggled through her Chemistry A Level. Now I'm stuck doing English Literature as a degree, with 9 contact hours a week and absolutely no direction in life. I love how with STEM subjects you can really aspire to one career… and I have no idea what I'm doing… I just feel like I'm wasting my time…

1. You were young thats why the 'blood' reason ****ed u over

2. Why didnt your mom encourage you to take science ? Did she just told u how bad she failed and never encourage you ? Thats a sign of jealous

3. When u dont do STEM u kinda feel like u have no direction in life, its a natural feeling :smile:

4. If u become 30y/o unemployed, regret the day u didnt pick Sciences at A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I chose Psychology, sociology and BTEC Public Services. If I could I would take drama either with them or instead of sociology
Original post by AsandaLFC
Is that even possible ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes of course.Would be better too since you can pick what modules you want.
I do biology, psychology, history and sociology. I kind of wish I'd have done chemistry instead of sociology, despite sociology being easy for me to get a good grade in. It just doesn't interest me at all anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would have chosen A levels in:
Mathematics, Chemistry, History and Spanish.

However that is too high for my standard lol.
I'm doing a BTEC in Business and I like and enjoying it but it's not a walk in the park like some people may think. There is so much work to keep on top of and so many deadlines to meet.

I hope to study business finance at uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest