The Student Room Group

LAMDA Stage Management and Technical Theatre

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer yesterday! It arrived by email, and they said a formal letter would be posted shortly. Fingers crossed for everyone who still hasn't heard. I found out 4 weeks and 4 days after the interview
Reply 81
Original post by cookieanon
Got an offer yesterday! It arrived by email, and they said a formal letter would be posted shortly. Fingers crossed for everyone who still hasn't heard. I found out 4 weeks and 4 days after the interview

Hey! Congratulations!! Me too!! :biggrin: I got mine 5 weeks and 4 days after , guess I'll see you after the summer ends!!
Original post by SisJose
Hey! Congratulations!! Me too!! :biggrin: I got mine 5 weeks and 4 days after , guess I'll see you after the summer ends!!

Well done!! I imagine there'll be some freshers groups going around quite soon. Are you hoping to live in sundial court?
Well done both of you!!!! That's really good :smile: you are both doing stage management right? That might be why you got the offers later because I am doing Tech and I think the interviews were before SM. I am applying for accommodation at Sundial at the moment :smile:
Reply 84
Thank you! Yes, stage management! I'm definitely hoping for sundial
Original post by SisJose
Thank you! Yes, stage management! I'm definitely hoping for sundial��

Me too, I thought it looked really nice and its cheaper than other London accommodation :smile: im so excited now it feels like it is actually happening! :smile:
Original post by Sierra-McC
Well done both of you!!!! That's really good :smile: you are both doing stage management right? That might be why you got the offers later because I am doing Tech and I think the interviews were before SM. I am applying for accommodation at Sundial at the moment :smile:

Thank you! Yep, stage management. That makes sense now! I did wonder... How do you apply for Sundial? Also, with LAMDA I could return the Drama UK form by email (a scanned and signed copy). Anyone know if we can do the same with Guildhall or if it has to be by post?
The offers are two passes at A Level (E or above). How do you plan to concentrate?! I have no idea if I'm just going to lose the plot and relax too much in the next couple of months.
The offers are two passes at A Level (E or above). How do you plan to concentrate?! I have no idea if I'm just going to lose the plot and relax too much in the next couple of months.

You can apply to funding and accommodation on the eGo website which you can access the day after you receive your offer according to the email I got. Staying motivated is really difficult when the subjects I am doing (geography, psychology and sociology) are not related to what I actually want to do. Its going to be a difficult few months I think, but at least it is the final stretch :smile: I have a countdown app on my phone so I know exactly how many days I have left which is both scary and exciting. What are are you studying at the moment? :smile:
You can apply to funding and accommodation on the eGo website which you can access the day after you receive your offer according to the email I got. Staying motivated is really difficult when the subjects I am doing (geography, psychology and sociology) are not related to what I actually want to do. Its going to be a difficult few months I think, but at least it is the final stretch :smile: I have a countdown app on my phone so I know exactly how many days I have left which is both scary and exciting. What are are you studying at the moment? :smile:

I still need to accept the offer which I think is why I'm not seeing that. Going to accept it tomorrow (need to send a tricky email to LAMDA at same time, though...)
I'm studying Music, Maths, Geography and a BTEC in Production Arts. Not really related, either, apart from the BTEC. Only bits of coursework left now. I've got an app too! The days are actually ticking down far faster than I thought they would. Its already halved in the time I've had it, which seems like no time at all!...
There'll be loads of freshers groups circulating shortly, I imagine?
Yea, you should be able to access everything once you accept. It was really difficult saying no to other places because they were all so nice, and I felt like they should be turning me down, rather than me turning them down!
I hope so, freshers groups will make it seem more real, and it would be good to talk to some more people on the course, as well as in other years :smile: I really cannot wait until exams are done, but at the moment it seems like a while off even though each week seems to go really quick :smile:
is anyone going to the graduate exhibition on 9th June at Guildhall? :smile:
is anyone going to the graduate exhibition on 9th June at Guildhall? :smile:

I can't, music exam the following morning...
I can't, music exam the following morning...

That's a shame :frown: I have a psychology exam the same day but it finishes at 3, so should be able to get into London after that :smile:
Reply 94
That's a shame :frown: I have a psychology exam the same day but it finishes at 3, so should be able to get into London after that :smile:

I'll be there! ☺️
Original post by SisJose
I'll be there! ☺️

I'm really looking forward to it! It will be really good to meet people on the course and see what they get up to :smile:
Hey guys,

If there's anybody left in here that decided LAMDA WAS the best place for them, I'm a current first year on the SMTT course and would love to answer any questions or anything like that! I'd also like to start the 2015/2016 Facebook group at some point once the year group is fully confirmed so you can also add me on Facebook! :smile:

Good luck to everyone starting in September- even though most of the courses are worlds apart they are all fantastic drama schools!! :smile:

Shaun
Anyone getting excited now?... I'm super excited. Got the confirmation that I'll be living in Sundial Court the other day! There is a freshers group on Facebook now, set up by the student union there.
Anyone getting excited now?... I'm super excited. Got the confirmation that I'll be living in Sundial Court the other day! There is a freshers group on Facebook now, set up by the student union there.

I got my sundial court confirmation too! It makes it feel very real which is pretty scary, but I'm so excited 😊
Hello Everybody!

I really want to be where you all are in a years time (about to go into year 13) and was wondering if I could have some advice, especially about personal statements and portfolios as that is what I am trying to do right now.

What sort of thing did you write in your personal statement, especially how did you start it as that is what I am really stuggling with!? Also how did you lay out/present your portfolio, as all I have right now is a pile of scripts, plans and programmes and I am not sure the best way to present it or what they want to see!

Well done with all your places, I am very jealous of you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending