The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
I feel like I've been emotionally abused, if thats the correct phrase ? There's this lad who keeps saying he wants to help me, and then I find out he keeps lying about stuff which he says he does to protect me. For instance on Monday he told me he had sent a letter to my GP which he showed me and I wasn't happy about so asked him if he could get it returned. He tells me he has phoned royal mail and its being returned and gave me a tracking number which I found out was false. So tjen he says I didn't really send it, I just wanted to see how you would react if I had sent it (who does that to someone with an MH illness). Now he said he has infact sent it, but not by a tracked method. So I don't know what to believe and it has made me nearly cancel GP appt tomorrow worrying about this letter

I want to stop talking to this lad, because I don't think its right he should do stuff and then say i said or did that to see how you react, because it just makes me feel weird mentally

But then I'm scared that I will be left to go through CBT alone because I don't have anyone else who can support me. Sorted weekly GP appts out which has helped me and actually stopped the intense anger I was experiencing, but I don't know if its asking too much asking him to carry those on until I see an improvement with CBT because I know CBT can take a while to work

The only thing I do have is an email off the practice manager saying that if me and GP are in agreement it is the best course of action then it is fine to continue these weekly appts for as long as I need them. But I'm just worried he for some reason won't agree its the best course of action and I know its my anxiety

People on here did tell me it was fine to ask for weekly which I did off the back of that and have been doing since. Just worried for some reason he wont agree its needed until I see an improvement with CBT

I'm going to say the same thing I said last time you asked about this: stop talking to that guy! You're putting so much trust and hope in a stranger who's manipulating you and is probably sitting laughing to himself.

And as others have said, you've been told many times that it's fine to weekly GP appointments if that's what you feel you need

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made a huge decision yesterday evening. Really hope it pays off and I don't regret it.

:hugs: for those struggling.
horrible night. full of triggering nightmares, don't feel rested at all. voices are pretty constant but mostly incoherent. just feel awful. meant to be seeing a friend but want to cry
My dissertation is 99% ready to submit now, its been a hard 3 weeks, and a hell of a 7 months working on it.

So so sorry to those who've quoted me, messaged me etc and i haven't replied, i've been so tied down with this work until now that i've not priorities replying here.
I did so well yesterday. Woke up at 9am and managed to get ready and leave by midday. I'll admit that I still wasted time in bed, something that amounted to at least an hour. But still, it was far better than of late.

Forward to today. I'm back to usual, woke up at 9am but went to sleep again, and I still haven't showered or had breakfast :eek: :cry:
I feel alone. Anxiousness creeping up on me again as well. Just want to cry, to be honest.
Original post by Emily.97
I feel alone. Anxiousness creeping up on me again as well. Just want to cry, to be honest.

:hugs:

Please don't cry. It's tough, isn't it? :frown:
I might be being sectioned tomorrow :cry:
Original post by Noodlzzz
I might be being sectioned tomorrow :cry:

:console: Here if you need someone? :frown:
I've been given a few compliments today, it felt really good seeing some friends and them speaking highly of me. One in particular we rarely talk to each other, yet she gave me a hug (she's not one for doing that too much) and we laughed. Today was such a great day!! :h:

:hugs: Hugs to everyone :hugs:
do I look like I've been living in hedge?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429123679.479330.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
:console: Here if you need someone? :frown:

Thank you.

The crisis house aren't keen on me travelling 3 hours and staying with my mum for the weekend so they're going to see if a doctor will section me which means I would either stay here voluntary or go to hospital sectioned. I'm just hoping he doesn't feel I'm at that level of risk to be sectioned but we'll see tomorrow i guess :frown:

How're you anyway?
Original post by IDukem
I've been given a few compliments today, it felt really good seeing some friends and them speaking highly of me. One in particular we rarely talk to each other, yet she gave me a hug (she's not one for doing that too much) and we laughed. Today was such a great day!! :h:

:hugs: Hugs to everyone :hugs:

:hugs: You deserved to have a great day! I hope the rest of today is too. :h:
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: You deserved to have a great day! I hope the rest of today is too. :h:

Aww thank you lovely/bro! Are you having a bad day? If so, what can I do to cheer you up...even if it only raises a smile :h:

I may not be the best advice, but I have a certain charm...apparently...according to friends :lol: :colondollar:

Thank you.

The crisis house aren't keen on me travelling 3 hours and staying with my mum for the weekend so they're going to see if a doctor will section me which means I would either stay here voluntary or go to hospital sectioned. I'm just hoping he doesn't feel I'm at that level of risk to be sectioned but we'll see tomorrow i guess :frown:

How're you anyway?

Tough situation. :frown: I'm sorry things are so bad right now. Voluntary is definitely better than being sectioned,nbut hopefully you'll be offered support that isn't hospital though. :console: Let me know if I can do anything to help at all? You've been a great help to me. :hugs: You can get through this, MHSS will support you no matter what happens. :yes:

I'm okay I think, really dissociated. Agreed to going home from Friday to Sunday evening, not sure how to cope with that. I did book my GP appointment for tomorrow though, so trying to figure out what to write down to show her, but thinking is really difficult (doesn't help with all this thought stealing stuff tbh) and it's like I don't know how to think anymore (:confused:). I'm not dealing with the whole going home thing very well. :s-smilie:

Original post by IDukem
Aww thank you lovely/bro! Are you having a bad day? If so, what can I do to cheer you up...even if it only raises a smile :h:

I may not be the best advice, but I have a certain charm...apparently...according to friends :lol: :colondollar:

Not sure really, just feel like everything is too much, so my brain is switching off. I'll be okay though. Your friends are right, Dukey! You're awesome. :jumphug: Not sure what would help me though, just need to get through the weekend. :s-smilie: So stressed. :sad:
Thank you.

How're you anyway?

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well Noodlzzz. :hugs: Might it be worth going to hospital voluntarily rather than sectioned? You might get out sooner/have more say in your treatment.
tired all the ****ing time, stressed, fed up, too ****ting hot in the flat, too much of a coward to go out.

urgh urgh urgh.

I really despise myself.
Original post by Pathway

Not sure really, just feel like everything is too much, so my brain is switching off. I'll be okay though. Your friends are right, Dukey! You're awesome. :jumphug: Not sure what would help me though, just need to get through the weekend. :s-smilie: So stressed. :sad:

Right! I'm going to try and cheer you up...Dukey style :biggrin: Give me something's that you like (and I can use) and lets see what I can do :teehee: Awww thanks Pathway, safe to say they're awesome too and so are you :lovehug: It's that time of year where a lot of people are feeling the stress :redface: We'll get through this...ALL of us will be backing each other :biggrin:

#TeamIBelieve <--- haven't done that hashtag in about a year on here :tongue:
So horribly tired. Snappy and feel like I'm having no coherent thoughts.
Original post by Odd socks
do I look like I've been living in hedge?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429123679.479330.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

You look like a survivor of the zombie apocalypse! :lockstock:

Latest