The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by IanDangerously
Yup. Don't tell me they're doing another kiss my ass match?

I believe the last one in the WWE was The Rock vs Mr Ass in 1999.

Yep. It's called 'Kiss Me Arse' match, though, because Sheamus is involved.
Original post by Mackay

Meh I think my idea of a kiss me arse match where the person has to kiss the others ass instead of saying I quit is better, it'll make a really good match on the next wrestling video game.
Original post by Mackay

Oh lord ... I really don't wanna have to look at Sheamus's arse!

I'm not sure how on Earth this falls under the guidelines of TV-PG content.
Original post by heavyhandscott
Wasnt Extreme rules meant to be a gimmick match each match on the card?

D-Bryan has been pulled out from wrestling ATM, precautionary action as his neck is playing up again

It used to be and then after the first few they scaled it back to where it's just the top matches that have a gimmick.

Not surprised about Daniel Bryan. It's sad but his neck's pretty much held together with rubber bands and gaffer tape at this point. WWE didn't want to put him in the main event of WrestleMania this year because of the high risk of the injury reoccurring and they were right to do so. Gutted. :frown:
Reply 1704
If seeing Sheamus' arse is PG, then kids can deal with blading.
Original post by IanDangerously
It used to be and then after the first few they scaled it back to where it's just the top matches that have a gimmick.

Not surprised about Daniel Bryan. It's sad but his neck's pretty much held together with rubber bands and gaffer tape at this point. WWE didn't want to put him in the main event of WrestleMania this year because of the high risk of the injury reoccurring and they were right to do so. Gutted. :frown:

Yeah but its no surprise the way he frantically runs around going crazy. D-Bryan isnt my cup of tea
Reply 1706
Austin said on his podcast this week that Bryan will need to massively change his style or he'll just become another Austin/Edge and have to retire far too early.
Original post by Mackay
Austin said on his podcast this week that Bryan will need to massively change his style or he'll just become another Austin/Edge and have to retire far too early.

Austin didnt necessarily retire due to injury did he? He left raw because he didnt wanna job to Lesnar and decided not to wrestle again
Reply 1708
Austin didnt necessarily retire due to injury did he? He left raw because he didnt wanna job to Lesnar and decided not to wrestle again

Nah. That was a part of it, but there were plenty of offers on the table post-WM19 for him to have a big money match pay-off, and he always said no through fear of making his neck worse.
Original post by Mackay
Nah. That was a part of it, but there were plenty of offers on the table post-WM19 for him to have a big money match pay-off, and he always said no through fear of making his neck worse.

To be honest he must have been exhausted mentally and physically after all those years of being top dog
Reply 1710
To be honest he must have been exhausted mentally and physically after all those years of being top dog

You listen to his podcast? It's pretty good. Better than Jericho's.

JR has an interesting interview with Shawn Michaels on his this week too, guys.
I know shield broke up, at that moment i just forgot the name of Roman Reigns, wanted to know how anyone can describe that match of his with Brock Lesnar
Original post by Mackay

No I dont, I watched the one with HHH and that it really
Reply 1713
UK crowds make WWE seem so much better. Looking forward to tonight's SmackDown airing.
Original post by Mackay
UK crowds make WWE seem so much better. Looking forward to tonight's SmackDown airing.

Hasn't it moved to Thursdays?
Reply 1715
Original post by AR_95
Hasn't it moved to Thursdays?

Still shown on Sky on Fridays I believe.
Original post by Mackay

I love both Austin and Jerichos ' podcasts. Not as interested when Austin talks hunting/UFC and Jericho talks rock but usually they're really good.

Taz has one which can be interesting. JR's i'll only listen to if the guest interests me.

Roddy Piper has one which was alright, it may have gotten better since I listened early on. Ric Flair is getting one soon apparently as well.
Reply 1717
Original post by Excuse Me!
I love both Austin and Jerichos ' podcasts. Not as interested when Austin talks hunting/UFC and Jericho talks rock but usually they're really good.

Taz has one which can be interesting. JR's i'll only listen to if the guest interests me.

Roddy Piper has one which was alright, it may have gotten better since I listened early on. Ric Flair is getting one soon apparently as well.

Haven't checked out Tazz's, but I will. Austin's talk about strength and conditioning doesn't interest me, but I like him shooting the breeze with his wife. It's a good dynamic. Hope he gets some great guests on soon now that he's back in LA and not the Broken Skull Ranch.
Original post by Mackay
Haven't checked out Tazz's, but I will. Austin's talk about strength and conditioning doesn't interest me, but I like him shooting the breeze with his wife. It's a good dynamic. Hope he gets some great guests on soon now that he's back in LA and not the Broken Skull Ranch.

Yeah, Tazz tends to do a raw recap and has a cool fantasy countdown type thing with Mike Tenay which is always interestin.

Austin and Kristin are great together, Ted Fowlers good as well in doses. And yeah, i look forward to the guests again. I'd love another Paul Heyman episode and one day I really hope the Undertaker comes on.

Out of interest, why don't you like Jerichos much?
Reply 1719
Original post by Excuse Me!
Yeah, Tazz tends to do a raw recap and has a cool fantasy countdown type thing with Mike Tenay which is always interestin.

Austin and Kristin are great together, Ted Fowlers good as well in doses. And yeah, i look forward to the guests again. I'd love another Paul Heyman episode and one day I really hope the Undertaker comes on.

Out of interest, why don't you like Jerichos much?

I'm a big fan of Jericho's, but only usually bother listening if the guest is top. I listen to Austin's religiously, though, just because I like his outlook on life. Plus, he was my favourite wrestler growing up.

Quick Reply

Latest