The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
You talk about Cazorla, Monreal but you have to remember that was only because of Malaga's financial crisis. Giroud is looking like a good deal now but he isn't a world class striker to really replace RVP. Ox was a good signing but Man Utd was also in for him it wasn't really something where Wenger spotted him. Gabriel I can't comment on him as I haven't seen enough yet.

I think some of the signings made this season were not that smart. Alexis, Debuchy, Ospina are ok but Chambers and Welbeck were not good signings imo. Chambers as a RB is probably worse than Bellerin, Jenkinson and Debuchy so what's the point of him? People might say that he's one for the future but that's just speculation. Welbeck was a complete waste of money there were better strikers available but Wenger had no intention of actually buying one he just signed him because Giroud got injured. Look at Vietto he only cost 5.5m and is having a great season at Villareal also he's only 21.

Also with the issue of Coquelin. He only brought him back because of long term injuries to Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere etc. He never rated him otherwise why did he send him out on loan to a mid table championship club like Charlton?

Welbeck is a quality big game player though, just never thought he could actually turn into a decent finisher. Our best player against Real Madrid/Bayern.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
fair enough, repped

TSR is too anal on wording etc, I'm as guilty as the next guy tbh. Depleted was dropping bait and I knew it but lost track of it after a while

Yeah after a while, everyone just gets a bit pedantic. Oh well, it's all sorted now, no worries.
Can see Reus going to Arsenal tbh. Sanchez- Ozil - Reus would give you a great chance in UCL next year.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd take Reus but I can't see it happening, United will offer him ridiculous wages and he'll end up on the sidelines with injury for months on end. Brilliant player but it'd cost a lot to get him, possibly too much when there are other areas still in need of strengthening.
Original post by leinad2012
I'd take Reus but I can't see it happening, United will offer him ridiculous wages and he'll end up on the sidelines with injury for months on end. Brilliant player but it'd cost a lot to get him, possibly too much when there are other areas still in need of strengthening.

Reus isn't going to England at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm gradually getting more hyped for Saturday, especially now I know the final is the day after my last uni exam :biggrin:
Think I was more hyped about last year
FA Cup is one of those trophies it's good to win but you're not too dissapointed if you don't.
Original post by Depleted
FA Cup is one of those trophies it's good to win but you're not too dissapointed if you don't.

There's no hype about ending the draught either
Original post by AR_95
There's no hype about ending the draught either

True. 3 trophies in 2 years is a good return though.
If we dont win the Cup the season will have been a failure

No reason not to either and last year just made me thirstier tbh. When I was growing up hardly a season would go by without a trophy parade, and often doubles, so nice to get back into the habit.
Yeah essentially there was no excuse for not having a title bid this year, especially after the situation we were in after last season.
Original post by Zürich
If we dont win the Cup the season will have been a failure

No reason not to either and last year just made me thirstier tbh. When I was growing up hardly a season would go by without a trophy parade, and often doubles, so nice to get back into the habit.

Remember the football you played in those days? Even bigger thugs than the Jose lot you like a good whinge at...

Keep telling yourself that mate

Original post by leinad2012
Keep telling yourself that mate

Banter

Next season we have to be challenging for the title from day one, being in the fight until the last game of the season and aiming for at least the semis in CL. Anything less would be a failure considering the fact we're only a couple of players off a complete squad (not just starting XI) really.

As for the rest of this season winning the FA Cup and beating Chelsea is the bar minimum tbh
Banter

Touché, but when you realise that this guy will be at Wembley in 3 day time and you won't be....

Wellington Silva will be at the Emirates at the start of next season...

and probably immediately sent out on loan a week later.
Original post by Arkasia
Wellington Silva will be at the Emirates at the start of next season...

and probably immediately sent out on loan a week later.

He'll be sold for about £200k./
Wenger's done enough to warrant another year imo.

Had Klopp left a year ago, Arsenal fans would have been clamouring for his immediate appointment. Wenger has enjoyed a growth in stature and are by far and away the form team in the PL. If you make it nine wins on the bounce at the expense of Chelsea, and reach another FA Cup final, he's had one of the best seasons of his last decade despite the disappointingly early CL exit.

He'll see out his deal until 2017. I'm sure of that.

Latest