The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Yes they are still interviewing. Right up until end of this month. So the competition is so high. I know I'm really sore on myself aswell some would say negative lol but I jus dont think going on my interview I have got a score of over 50 which is what I reckon that we'd need to secure a place. Who knows tho..
I'm the same, but your right who knows maybe we did better than we think x
Reply 842
I'm so nervous waiting on the result I've acc got that stingy sore upper back from being so tense :frown: I've lit been working towards this since school and it's all I want to do :frown: I hope we all get places I couldn't imagine better classmates :smile: and you all deserve one :smile: if I was to get in anywhere I would be over the moon
It would be great, an atleast we've all spoke b4 starting as I know il be nervous not knowing anyone on the course. Really hope we all get an offer :smile:
Reply 844
Shouldn't be much longer till we all start to hear one way or another! There's only 8 part time spaces so gonna be very tough for me to get one. Hope everyone gets in some where after all this lol
Reply 845
Original post by Shaz78
Shouldn't be much longer till we all start to hear one way or another! There's only 8 part time spaces so gonna be very tough for me to get one. Hope everyone gets in some where after all this lol

Did you only apply for part time?
Reply 846
I feel really upset because I know I didn't use my interview to impress them or show them what I know and how much I want it. I wasted a golden opportunity . But In speaking to a girl on this I realised it's not the end of the road if I don't get a place because even tho some of us r mature students it's never too late. So I'm going to keep applying. I feel so anxious over all this
Jen me too, iv did nothing but beat myself up since the interview its annoying knowing that ur well prepared an studied weeks for it to just walk in an forget wat u wanted to say. Id great ans prepared too :frown: but ur right if we dont get in this time then just keep trying till we do :wink:
Reply 848
Yeah Fran just parttime as couldn't do full time with other commitments :frown:
Reply 849
[QUOTE="Andrea33;55026169"]Jen me too, iv did nothing but beat myself up since the interview its annoying knowing that ur well prepared an studied weeks for it to just walk in an forget wat u wanted to say. Id great ans prepared too :frown: but ur right if we dont get in this time then just keep trying till we do :wink:[/QUOTE

Just such a horrible feeling :frown: but seems a lot of ppl have been rejected in the past and then apply again. Do u work at the minute ?
I know a social worker whom it took 4 times before getting a place :wink: so we just keep trying til we get in lol...I'm a volunteer youth and community worker im also the child protection officer In our youth club..iv been doing voluntary work now about 5 years :wink: wbu?
(edited 9 years ago)
They're still interviewing, I did mine with Queens yesterday. It's really hard to tell how well you've done. They told me it would be 7th May before anyone found out. It's going to feel like a long wait!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mmq02
Ellie, I would have filled it out but I read that you want people who are currently enrolled in a social work programme? We aren't enrolled just hopefulls haha! So I don't know whether you want us to fill it out?

Maria

Hi Maria
Just saw your response now - yes, we changed it to include students and possible students.

Kind regards,
Ellie
Reply 853
Original post by Vic1985
They're still interviewing, I did mine with Queens yesterday. It's really hard to tell how well you've done. They told me it would be 7th May before anyone found out. It's going to feel like a long wait!!!

How did it go?? I'm getting so impatient waiting :frown:
Reply 854
Original post by Andrea33
I know a social worker whom it took 4 times before getting a place :wink: so we just keep trying til we get in lol...I'm a volunteer youth and community worker im also the child protection officer In our youth club..iv been doing voluntary work now about 5 years :wink: wbu?

That's great u have so much experience I don't really have any I was a witness service volunteer for victim support which was very interesting and I liked being able to support ppl. And I was working full time as a paralegal so I picked up a lot of knowledge there as it was mainly family and childrens cases so I would have liaised with social workers I got a good insight into what they do . If I apply next year I'm going to try and get some experience with fasa or another organisation . 7th may ..... Will be a long 3 weeks 😳
Reply 855
Original post by Jen86
That's great u have so much experience I don't really have any I was a witness service volunteer for victim support which was very interesting and I liked being able to support ppl. And I was working full time as a paralegal so I picked up a lot of knowledge there as it was mainly family and childrens cases so I would have liaised with social workers I got a good insight into what they do . If I apply next year I'm going to try and get some experience with fasa or another organisation . 7th may ..... Will be a long 3 weeks 😳

Did you do a law degree? I applied for law as well as a back up!
Jen thats plenty of experience, an deffs sounds interesting :wink: infact that is some good experience they like to see. If I don't get in im goni go do an OCN in youth work just for another qualification as part of my youth work, my wee club is goni put me through it but really hoping I get the social work. 3 weeks ia definitely too long lol. A few of my classmates went on an did it last year an they heard around the 28th of April so hope we are the same :wink:
Reply 857
Jen thats plenty of experience, an deffs sounds interesting :wink: infact that is some good experience they like to see. If I don't get in im goni go do an OCN in youth work just for another qualification as part of my youth work, my wee club is goni put me through it but really hoping I get the social work. 3 weeks ia definitely too long lol. A few of my classmates went on an did it last year an they heard around the 28th of April so hope we are the same :wink:

I had my interview in the middle of feb, I've been waiting 8 weeks and I'm lit a big bag of nerves lol i hope to god UU are consistent and come out with their results in the next week or 2. i did my interview with queens so i know if i don't get in to UU theres probably not much hope with queens :/
U never know as they mite divide the places out so keep faith :smile: we have deffs all passed interview as would've heard by now, so prayers for high marks!! X
Reply 859
U never know as they mite divide the places out so keep faith :smile: we have deffs all passed interview as would've heard by now, so prayers for high marks!! X

Amen sista! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest