The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_K1NG
Imran Khan is overrated. All these people who like him are either cricket fans or like him because of his looks. He is nothing special and he sounds drunk when he talks.

I agree. Haha 'sounds drunk' :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I agree. Haha 'sounds drunk' :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:
Original post by IdeasForLife

Other then poety, what interests you in sufism?

It seems like it focusses on bettering yourself as a Muslim, at least that's the impression I get. But also seems to get hate from certain groups of Muslims.
It's amazing to see how devout the Prophet (pbuh) was.

'The sahaba were very professional and straight forward between opposite genders. They lived by much simpler, and more natural rules. Now, we are stuck between two unnatural and extreme circumstances: either there are no barriers whatsoever between genders, or the very acknowledgement of the existence of the opposite gender is deemed haram. Let's take a look at the conduct of the sahaba:
Once the prophet (saw) was giving an emotional khutba, to the extent that everyone was crying and some of the women could not hear. One of the female companions asked one of the male companions "may Allah bless you, what was the last thing that the prophet said?"
Notice how she spoke to him directly? That her voice wasn't awrah. That she made dua for him, and that he then answered her, and the conversation ended. Most importantly, notice how close they were sitting next to each other in the masjid, that she was able to ask him this question?
On another occasion, the female companions complained to the prophet (saw) that when the men make sujood at the back, their awrah is exposed to the women. The prophet then advised the women to wait in sujood until the men are stood up, and then to stand up themselves.
What do we take from this? See how there was no barrier between them? More importantly, see the very simple, yet effective and logical solution the prophet (saw) gave. Problem solved, no further problems created. What would our solution have been? We would've told the women to pray further behind. Actually, place a curtain in front of you so you don't see the men. Actually, pray in the room behind. Actually, pray at home; you're causing fitna.
The relationship between the sexes was professional but very simple and natural; they lived together cohesively. A woman would correct the Khalif mid way through the khutba. Omar Ibn Al khattab appointed a woman as the market supervisor, and boy she didn't hesitate from reprimanding the men.
This was also the sunnah of the prophets. Musa (AS), mid way through an excruciatingly long and exhausting journey, saw a group of men gathered by a well, and saw two women on the outskirts unable to acquire water. We would have left them be, because it's inappropriate, or even haram to speak to non-mahram. Musa (AS), Allah's chosen one, on the other hand, walked straight up to them and asked, "what is your situation?" They explained that they could not reach the water. He proceeded to get the water, give it them, and sat down by a tree. No superfluous small talk, yet no cowardly abandonment under the guise of religiosity.
Now, we've developed a culture whereby we're either too awkward and ashamed to hold a door open for a struggling sister, or too oblivious of Islamic regulations that we'd use this opportunity to small talk and giggle for 25 minutes.
The astonishing and hypocritical thing is that we're more than willing to have a detailed conversation with the opposite gender at work or univeristy, yet when a brother or sister asks for directions in the prayer room we think it's a marriage proposal.
Islam is natural, and no islamic guideline came down to make our lives difficult or complicated. Until we fix this social misunderstanding that has developed, we will see future generations split further between these two extremes, whereas the prophets and the sahaba were in the middle.'
- Brother Salah Sharief smile emoticon

Rohingya‬ Muslimah sexually assaulted for listening to Muslim religious sermon.

Police sexually abused a Muslim woman and arrested her husband in a Maungdaw North village for listening to a religious sermon on Saturday night.

On April 06, 2015 at around 10pm, police was taking a look inside Muslim households when they noticed a couple sitting around a mobile phone and listening to a Waaz (Muslim religious sermon). The police then went on to assault the wife and in the process sexually abused her.

The 24 year old husband was severely beaten and taken to the police station. He has not been released till filing of this report.

The name of the village and the identity of the victims have been concealed for privacy purposes.

Next time when you're listening to some Mufti Menk lecture or NAK on youtube, remember how lucky you are. Make the most of it and pray for those Muslims who are opressed for attempting to learn more about their religion.

I also ask you to share stories such as this acoss social media. The plight of Rohingya Muslims in Burma gets far too little attention from the world.

http://www.doamuslims.org/?p=2656
http://burmatimes.net/

If you don't know what the Rabaa massacre is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_2013_Rabaa_massacre

Hundreds of Muslims were killed in Egypt by the Egyptian army whilst protesting the coup.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey everyone!

Sorry to disrupt the thread, I just wanted to let you all know that the I-SOC will be moving to a new home this afternoon! We have set up a Faith and Spirituality forum for religion societies and threads as the current location in the Debate forum isn't suitable for the purpose of these threads and, as you all know, disruption can be caused which derails the conversation.

The new forum sits in Life & Style and can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1205 and anyone attempting to troll/debate can now be redirected to the Religion forum in D&CA instead!

I hope you enjoy your new home! :h:
إِنَّ نَاشِئَةَ اللَّيْلِ هِيَ أَشَدُّ وَطْئًا وَأَقْوَمُ قِيلًا

Indeed, the hours of the night are more effective for concurrence [of heart and tongue] and more suitable for words.

إِنَّ لَكَ فِي النَّهَارِ سَبْحًا طَوِيلًا

Indeed, for you by day is prolonged occupation.

وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ وَتَبَتَّلْ إِلَيْهِ تَبْتِيلًا

And remember the name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with [complete] devotion.

رَبُّ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَاتَّخِذْهُ وَكِيلًا

[He is] the Lord of the East and the West; there is no deity except Him, so take Him as Disposer of [your] affairs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Queen Cersei
Hey everyone!

Sorry to disrupt the thread, I just wanted to let you all know that the I-SOC will be moving to a new home this afternoon! We have set up a Faith and Spirituality forum for religion societies and threads as the current location in the Debate forum isn't suitable for the purpose of these threads and, as you all know, disruption can be caused which derails the conversation.

The new forum sits in Life & Style and can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1205 and anyone attempting to troll/debate can now be redirected to the Religion forum in D&CA instead!

I hope you enjoy your new home! :h:

where's the rep button gone?
Original post by kyoti

:eek: Wonder why thats been done! :/
Original post by kyoti

Original post by LotusBlue

First they took away the negative rep, now the positive rep. Nice one TSR. :yy:
Original post by LotusBlue

i know right

First they took away the negative rep, now the positive rep. Nice one TSR. :yy:

seems like it's just taken away for this society..
Original post by kyoti

seems like it's just taken away for this society..

Perhaps it's just an error. :dontknow:
Perhaps it's just an error. :dontknow:

yeah true probably just caused by the move cos the atheist society has no reps too
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
yeah true probably just caused by the move cos the atheist society has no reps too

Hey,

I will turn rep on for the new forum :smile:
Original post by Queen Cersei
Hey,

I will turn rep on for the new forum :smile:

hi, thanks that's great i was just surprised it wasn't there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
hi, thanks you can turn rep on anytime i was just surprised it wasn't there.

It should be fixed now, sorry for that, my bad!

Latest

Trending

Trending