The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Poor and a bit confused. Meant to start Uni at 2:15, but have a work induction at 3 so taken the day off. I haven't been paid properly for six weeks, despite the fact that I'm owed a fair bit from casual jobs here and there which should come to just short of $700. Hopefully I'll get it this week, but there's hoops to jump through. I hated retail so I'm glad to be out (I coach sport), but the hours and pay are erratic. I really want to buy myself something new, had my eyes on a raincoat for a while now, but I know I can't afford anything for another month or so.
I feel REALLY ANGSTY
Reply 2882
1:30 in the morning and I'm just ****ing angry right now. I really want to know when I'm going to get a break here. I've been single my whole life, and I'm earning next to no money. I lost my job suddenly last year over a matter of integrity, which is ****ing great except for the fact that I was on $2500 a month for part time retail and ramping it in. Now I'm lucky if I make a third of that, and my new job is going to give me 6 hours a week if I'm lucky. I did get a retail job between the two, but I only lasted a month until one of the other staff members scrutinised me so much and made me feel so bad about myself that I spent three straight days crying before I had to quit. I don't cry, and this guy absolutely brought it out in me. Honestly, I'm just so frustrated. Every girl I go for seems to have an issue with me, and it's never worked out. Most of the time I suppress my feelings well enough, but at the moment I just feel hopeless and at the end of my rope. I'd get dressed and take a drive down to the beach (it's only 5 minutes away), but my parents are light sleepers and would make a big deal about it if they couldn't find me. I do just want to sit somewhere and cry though, and for someone to actually come to me like in the movies and say its alright. But **** that, I'd sit and cry and then I'd have to pick myself up because I do everything for myself. Never mind the fact that this is the last year of my degree, and I can feel what I thought were tight friendships disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know if I don't have the confidence, but I just can't see my social life getting any better from here and it's already getting worse. It's just a lot to feel at one time. Especially when you consider that my HD recently died and I lost all my Uni work for this semester.
Original post by KittyAnneR

whats up?
Original post by chelseafreak
whats up?

Just a joke...
SO TIRED. :nooo: I slept for over an hour when I got home from school. I had to go SO strict on green group today, they are a bunch of absolute babies and NEED to learn to get their work done. :angry: Ugh.

And the balls of my feet are burning. Heels have destroyed my feet. :grumble:

I still can't believe PFG/George (yes, HE HAS A NAME NOW:woo:) is 27. He. Does. Not. Look. 27. :hide: :shakecane:

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I feel REALLY ANGSTY

How come, boo? :shock:
Original post by Maid Marian
SO TIRED. :nooo: I slept for over an hour when I got home from school. I had to go SO strict on green group today, they are a bunch of absolute babies and NEED to learn to get their work done. :angry: Ugh.

What about alpha bravo commando unit?

Did you do the teacher thing of saying "you are behaving like children" to a bunch of young, err.. children?:teehee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What about alpha bravo commando unit?

Did you do the teacher thing of saying "you are behaving like children" to a bunch of young, err.. children?:teehee:

Wut? :confused:

No, I just do a really sharp, no-nonsense voice and threaten them with going to sit in Reception "with the rest of the babies" if they won't behave. :lol: I feel mean sometimes but I have to be ruthless and loud with them or they simply will do whatever they damn well like. :unimpressed:
Original post by Maid Marian
Wut? :confused:

No, I just do a really sharp, no-nonsense voice and threaten them with going to sit in Reception "with the rest of the babies" if they won't behave. :lol: I feel mean sometimes but I have to be ruthless and loud with them or they simply will do whatever they damn well like. :unimpressed:

Green group sounded like some kind of fighter squadron or something :tongue:

Never seen the scary Maid Marian side :afraid:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Green group sounded like some kind of fighter squadron or something :tongue:

Never seen the scary Maid Marian side :afraid:

Nah haha! They're the bottom set and very, very immature. :sigh:

I feel bad when I am mean:sad: But I have to be, this group don't respond to my usual passive demeanor. :emo:

You quote me so much btw, I have nearly double the amount of quotes from you compared to the next person. :tongue:
ill :lollypop:
Frustrated
I'm happier - I got the job that was offered.. Unpaid to start and then paid after a few months - start date pending paperwork and Medicals :smile: Moving forward and time for a new start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both isolated, and slightly sad.
I feel a bit high to be honest. I'm not surprised.
Right now, pretty relieved. I've been contending with a toilet haemorrhaging water out of every hole all afternoon. Luckily I managed to stem it a bit and the emergency plumber got on it pretty quickly, changed the valve and I've dried everything up. Our bathroom no longer looks like Atlantis. Woo. :smile:
Original post by Emily.97
Both isolated, and slightly sad.

whats making you feel this way?
Original post by chelseafreak
whats making you feel this way?

Something I'm trying to figure out.
Isolation is probably caused by stress with my A levels, more time spent alone too. I don't have a social circle so I dont have a close confiding friendship that may otherwise help. Im not so much genetically predisposed to develop things like depression but I think certain personality characteristics make me more vulnerable (eg occasionally pessimistic, a perfectionist, neurotic, meaning that I could be prone to developing things like anxiety and depression)
I get very anxious when my routine is interfered with, and there is a lot of self blame/abuse going on that I know I need to tackle.
May be more vulnerable to it ATM too because of PMS.
I get separation anxiety and so feel slightly uneasy when alone at home, but this only happens when I'm already feeling anxious and down from other factors.
I could go on. I won't bore you with it, but I think its more environmental stressors than anything else.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest