The Student Room Group

Do you think it's okay to skip school purely to revise?

Personally I don't think so, but my friend seems to miss about 2 days per week to revise (even though we revise in school) and it is quite unfair...

Scroll to see replies

I think it's fair, if that is how the person best learns.

Likely however most, when they mean to revise at home, just end up procrastinating on Netflix.
Original post by Angelo12231
Personally I don't think so, but my friend seems to miss about 2 days per week to revise (even though we revise in school) and it is quite unfair...

Maybe your friend feels revision is more effective at home as he can focus on areas he has issues with. I know I found "class revision sessions" tedious as personally I learn better independently. I don't really see how it's unfair of him.
yes
Yes. Don't be so bitter :smile:
Original post by Sir Candour
I think it's fair, if that is how the person best learns.

Likely however most, when they mean to revise at home, just end up procrastinating on Netflix.

Original post by littleangel9914
Maybe your friend feels revision is more effective at home as he can focus on areas he has issues with. I know I found "class revision sessions" tedious as personally I learn better independently. I don't really see how it's unfair of him.

Original post by Flighes
Some one I know did that during GCSEs, (even missed the leavers day and assembly :d) but she ended up getting the same grades as me, so it honestly depends on how hard you have to work to get grades.
I think its wrong only if you messed up by not revising during easter ahaha!

lol

I guess so, I mean't unfair as in anytime I try to stay home to revise, like all my science and maths teachers call home at least twice on my mums phone and my landline just to ask where I've been. But with him, hardly any teacher calls at all.

Well, I know I could've done more in easter
I had to do this to cope with all my tests, coursework and homework whilst trying to learn everything because my teachers were rubbish. So yes :redface:
Original post by TheStoryteller
I had to do this to cope with all my tests, coursework and homework whilst trying to learn everything because my teachers were rubbish. So yes :redface:

Has school ever phoned up?
Yes, i think it is ok because although you do get to revise in school you need some time to retain the information.

I remember wanting to do that because i was not prepared for one of my exams once.
Tbh, assuming everyone wanted to do well, I think if study leave started now then grades will be much higher than if people still attended school.

Also, I hate the fact that teachers force a particular revision pattern onto you e.g. ''this must be done by this date and you have to show me otherwise 1 hour after school'' - surely by now we must know how we need to approach revision to get the best out of ourselves...
Has school ever phoned up?

No I only miss towards the very end of the year and a lot of other students do it as well so I guess they must have overlooked it/not really bothered about it.
Absolutely.
Reply 12
I missed 2 days before the easter half term to get started early and apparently I'm gonna face consequences when I go back LOL for revising...
Definitely, some people work best on their own and not with the usual 'class revision' which at the best of times is generally ineffective for some.
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
I missed 2 days before the easter half term to get started early and apparently I'm gonna face consequences when I go back LOL for revising...

Similar thing happened to me. I was threatened to be 'kicked out' for this despite doing pretty well on all class tests. Apparently I must've 'cheated' since I know the content pretty well.
LOL
Reply 15
Original post by Monkey D. Luffy
Similar thing happened to me. I was threatened to be 'kicked out' for this despite doing pretty well on all class tests. Apparently I must've 'cheated' since I know the content pretty well.
LOL

Wth!! Seriously, there's people like us who bunk in order to do well...then there's other people...but we get the same punishment, ridiculous
Original post by Hanya Pouncey

Ooooo you should be scared :cool:

Spoiler

Reply 17
Ooooo you should be scared :cool:

Spoiler

Loool banter. Don't really know what they can threaten me with though as there's like over a month til exams and I was acc revising :P
Lol I actually missed school today for this exact reason! I know I'm just doing GCSES but still today would of been a completely pointless day if I went in!
Reply 19
This is the nerdiest question I've ever seen lol

Quick Reply

Latest