The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily.97
Something I'm trying to figure out.
Isolation is probably caused by stress with my A levels, more time spent alone too. I don't have a social circle so I dont have a close confiding friendship that may otherwise help. Im not so much genetically predisposed to develop things like depression but I think certain personality characteristics make me more vulnerable (eg occasionally pessimistic, a perfectionist, neurotic, meaning that I could be prone to developing things like anxiety and depression)
I get very anxious when my routine is interfered with, and there is a lot of self blame/abuse going on that I know I need to tackle.
May be more vulnerable to it ATM too because of PMS.
I get separation anxiety and so feel slightly uneasy when alone at home, but this only happens when I'm already feeling anxious and down from other factors.
I could go on. I won't bore you with it, but I think its more environmental stressors than anything else.

thats sounds stressful, if you ever need to talk or vent the tsr community are here for you.
Original post by chelseafreak
thats sounds stressful, if you ever need to talk or vent the tsr community are here for you.

Much appreciated!
Much appreciated!

no problem, sorry i couldn't be of more help
Had a good couple of days, but generally life is pretty crap. Hope the rest of the day is decent, though.
So unbelievably BORED! Not just at this particular moment but in life in general. I basically have five months of absolutely nothing before uni starts. I know most people will be like "I wish I had that problem" but this is driving me insane.
feeling optimistic :/
Original post by ashill_steve
feeling optimistic :/

That's a good thing :L
That's a good thing :L

My DSA funding has been approved:biggrin:
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! :biggrin:

I think! :lol:

Fab!

Good for you! I'm going through the retesting to see if I still get DLA or whatever it is now

Fab!

Not till Saturday:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sleepy and optimistic :smile:

Original post by wonko-the-sane
So unbelievably BORED! Not just at this particular moment but in life in general. I basically have five months of absolutely nothing before uni starts. I know most people will be like "I wish I had that problem" but this is driving me insane.

I remember feeling exactly like that before uni but honestly, those 5 months (unless you win the lottery) are likely to be the longest break you'll ever have from here on in. Even when you get a few weeks "off" at uni you're likely to have work to do and once you graduate and start working you'll only get about 3 weeks leave a year. So please make the most of it and don't wish it away. Read, exercise, sleep in, watch TV -do whatever makes you happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tired but happy:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wonderful. :biggrin:

Everything is going great at the moment.
Feel like I have to start proper revision now but not panicking at the moment.:tongue:
Original post by Andy98
Good for you! I'm going through the retesting to see if I still get DLA or whatever it is now

Good luck with the retest
[QUOTE="ashill_steve;55055427"]
Original post by Andy98

Good luck with the retest

Thanking you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignored
Original post by SophieSmall

Oh no! What's wrong?