The Student Room Group

Mock exam results and improving

So I just recently got back my mock exam results and to say, I was DISGUSTED with the results I got. I was near tears and thought to my self 'why didn't I revise more'. However whats done is done and now I need help on how to improve my grades. Help anyone? Maths - A ,English Lit - C , English Lan - C , Science - C , Additional Science - D , Economics D , Art - E (coursework not included, only 10 hour exam) French - E , History - F and lastly :frown: Religious Studies - G. I feel so embarrassed but I seriously need help on how I could get every single one of my GCSE's to be a C or above. Helppppp and please don't judge me :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can improve Religious Studies by knowing keywords, but RS is commonly opinion based. You should go through a lot of past papers,then you will know weak points. You could make flashcards and maybe revise 1-3 hours each night but with breaks.
Well, there is still time to step it up between now and May (or whenever) so you have to look back at the papers and see what you did wrong. I am in in a similar position with getting E in language and D in lit and D in Geography but as long as you concentrate now on rectifying weak areas, there's no reason you can't achieve what you want.
Reply 3
So just to further update - i've finally improved my results! I'm still working on an A in Maths which isn't a problem as I'm guessing that getting an A* wouldn't be that difficult. However, in English Language, English Literature, Economics, Core Science and Art&Design, i've gotten a B - which is a real improvement since my mocks in December. In French, History and Additional Science i've gotten a C which is okay I guess.. Also, i've dropped RS to focus more on History, which has worked! I guess revising does actually pay off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by melisa_ak
So just to further update - i've finally improved my results! I'm still working on an A in Maths which isn't a problem as I'm guessing that getting an A* wouldn't be that difficult. However, in English Language, English Literature, Economics, Core Science and Art&Design, i've gotten a B - which is a real improvement since my mocks in December. In French, History and Additional Science i've gotten a C which is okay I guess.. Also, i've dropped RS to focus more on History, which has worked! I guess revising does actually pay off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still have time to revise and get those grades up to high Bs or As. Never give up but make the most of what the time you have left.

Edit:Practice makes perfect.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by German123
You still have time to revise and get those grades up to high Bs or As. Never give up but make the most of what the time you have left.

Edit:Practice makes perfect.

Hopefully I will! I am aiming to get all B/A grades. Wish me luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully I will! I am aiming to get all B/A grades. Wish me luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck-with hard work there are no obstacles. :smile:
Your fine, you have loads of time. Just continue revising and you can easily get these to at least B's if you got those results now.
Reply 8
Original post by Lemon Haze
Your fine, you have loads of time. Just continue revising and you can easily get these to at least B's if you got those results now.

I probably need to get in the habit of revising every single day if I actually want those grades lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I probably need to get in the habit of revising every single day if I actually want those grades lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly I did my GSCE's a while a go and I know it doesn't seem like it now but they are pretty straight forward in general.

I recommend you go for A in RS simply because it is easy to do so with a little revision. Maybe throw History or french under the bus and work super hard to keep that A in maths and get those English an Science grades up to B's, you can do it for sure!
Reply 10
Original post by Lemon Haze
Honestly I did my GSCE's a while a go and I know it doesn't seem like it now but they are pretty straight forward in general.

I recommend you go for A in RS simply because it is easy to do so with a little revision. Maybe throw History or french under the bus and work super hard to keep that A in maths and get those English an Science grades up to B's, you can do it for sure!

I am sure that our RS exams were marked very poorly.. But I have dropped out of it so I could focus more on History. So now i'm working on a C in History and I'd received an F in my mocks haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am sure that our RS exams were marked very poorly.. But I have dropped out of it so I could focus more on History. So now i'm working on a C in History and I'd received an F in my mocks haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha for me I dropped French, if I didn't I'm pretty sure my GSCE grades would have been worse!
Just do lots of past papers and get you teacher to mark them and ask for feedback! good luck

Quick Reply

Latest