The Student Room Group

UCL vs. Warwick for Business

Poll

UCL vs. Warwick for Business

I have been accepted for Bsc Management at Warwick and Msci Information Management for Business at UCL.

I want to know which would be the better option for when it comes to applying Masters/Doctorates in the future.

Thank you.
Original post by qazwertt
I have been accepted for Bsc Management at Warwick and Msci Information Management for Business at UCL.

I want to know which would be the better option for when it comes to applying Masters/Doctorates in the future.

Thank you.

I would say both are good for Masters/Doctorates as both are highly regarded universities and courses.
Are you accepted in master at UCL and a Bsc at Warwick??:confused:

Seems to me like a program in Information and Management is much more specialized than a classic Bsc in management.
Reply 3
Original post by GandalfWhite
I would say both are good for Masters/Doctorates as both are highly regarded universities and courses.

But if you were to choose, which one would you go for? Right now I'm thinking since Warwick is ranked 5th in Business&Management, i'd go for that.
Reply 4
Original post by LadyBugMery
Are you accepted in master at UCL and a Bsc at Warwick??:confused:

Seems to me like a program in Information and Management is much more specialized than a classic Bsc in management.

Yes, I am accepted for a Bachelors at Warwick and a Masters at UCL. I get that for IMB its focused on IT hence the name of the course, but could you explicate on what you mean?
Original post by qazwertt
But if you were to choose, which one would you go for? Right now I'm thinking since Warwick is ranked 5th in Business&Management, i'd go for that.

A couple of years ago I would have chosen Warwick Management. Today I Would choose UCL Information Mgmt for Business upon checking their modules. E-commerce, digital marketing, internet of all things .... these are the new business which everyone cannot afford to ignore. With a classic Management course you will still need to learn on the job about them. Be better prepared with the UCL IMB course. You will be in great demand.
Bsc in management is a generalist program. If you are planning to have a career in Information systems or IT management go for UCL at the master level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending