The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Don't really like Nagato Yuki. Kyon isn't an ultra sarcastic git anymore which was my favourite part of the original show. I might watch Love Comedy S1 to catch up to it airing but I don't think I'll have time.

It did seem like it could be one of them 'so ridiculous it's actually entertaining' kind of shows.

Food Wars is good stuff though, one of my early favourites for the season.

Just picked up MY love STORY!! and I really like it, worth watching :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Just picked up MY love STORY!! and I really like it, worth watching :lol:

I'm watching it:tongue:. Takeo is a top geezer.
Original post by Tibbz2
I think maths exams allowed any correct method from any other module on the course? At least that's what we were told by our teachers :tongue:

Yeah, the maths mark scheme basically says "the mark scheme is to help you mark incorrect answers; if something is correct, award full marks".

The mark schemes are specific, but in an actual exam period markers are supposed to check with the head examiner if they encounter unusual answers, and the examiners actually go through answers given over a random sample of scripts to make sure the mark scheme is as reasonable as possible.
Original post by Bude8
Pokémon is THE BEST :five: Man, I really wanna try Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby :cry:

Yes! I love the gen 3 pokédex and the graphics look so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Current Year 13 Thread Mark I

Okay so I'm not sure how I posted this without actually posting it :lol:

Final year for us all (hopefully) which will probably be the hardest, not to mention how busy we are at the start of the year with UCAS, personal statements and some you's still deciding what you want to do, but I'm sure most of us here actually know what this thread is for, if you don't open this list.

List

Now I thought like last year we should all have our own mini briefing of our UCAS applications, so if you could PM your details like mine below and also include your University course and 18th Birthday :smile: I will add them to the expansion :h:

UCAS Applications

Best of luck to everyone regarding their studies and application, my favourite part of this will to hopefully see us all succeed when I get to update the expansions :awesome: :woo:

Have a great year everyone :h:

A2 Chemistry is hell. My teacher's a d**k and so happens to be my tutor. His lessons consist of the most dull worksheets, barely any interactive chemistry besides assessed practicals and he even manages to make my private life hell. I'm now on a stage two disciplinary at college and quite frankly after last time I visited him to seek advice and help with my chemistry. Which may i point out resulted in being told "It's my problem for not listening" after having spent a whole lesson frantically making 8 pages of notes from his scribbling on the board, refuse to speak to him alone. Anyone know of a place I can look for some useful and helpful chemistry notes etc? I'm on the AQA syllabus.
Original post by Groganog
A2 Chemistry is hell. My teacher's a d**k and so happens to be my tutor. His lessons consist of the most dull worksheets, barely any interactive chemistry besides assessed practicals and he even manages to make my private life hell. I'm now on a stage two disciplinary at college and quite frankly after last time I visited him to seek advice and help with my chemistry. Which may i point out resulted in being told "It's my problem for not listening" after having spent a whole lesson frantically making 8 pages of notes from his scribbling on the board, refuse to speak to him alone. Anyone know of a place I can look for some useful and helpful chemistry notes etc? I'm on the AQA syllabus.

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/

If you've not come across it yet.

http://a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20Chemistry/AQA%20A2%20Chemistry/A2%20Chemistry%20home.htm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I'm watching it:tongue:. Takeo is a top geezer.

In a way, his obliviousness makes it painful to watch, especially they 'she's ready to ask about relationship advice' bit :lol:

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping to see zone eye lasers come out when the beam was falling...

http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/. This is all I use, it's really concise but you might want to try out chemguide if you don't understand anything or watch Tywin Lannister's chem videos on youtube. He also follows the AQA spec.
Do you read the examiner reports for each of your subjects respectively?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Yep! And I saw ExamSolutions RT your tweet to him BTW :biggrin:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Yep! And I saw ExamSolutions RT your tweet to him BTW :biggrin:

haha !! :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone watch the debate last night?

There's still time. I've not covered the content yet and am aiming for an A*. At uni, you'll have to learn a lot of stuff uni so now's good practice. Don't let your teacher's incompetence cost you your grade :h:.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

always !!! Think it's so important
Original post by rachelc142
always !!! Think it's so important

Sorry. Didn't respond to a Q you asked about a week ago. The last piano grade I did was Grade 5. I believe I did it in summer of 2013. Practice since then has been...broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhYc8MqmY94

That was one of my pieces :tongue:.

It was uploaded recently to yt but I recorded it a couple of years ago and had it on my fb all along.
Wish I was Scottish tbh lol, I didn't think Plaid were too bad, I like how the three women are like a team, it's funny

Still going to vote Labour just so tories don't win here

I imagine you're tory supporter however
Original post by keromedic
Sorry. Didn't respond to a Q you asked about a week ago. The last piano grade I did was Grade 5. I believe I did it in summer of 2013. Practice since then has been...broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhYc8MqmY94

That was one of my pieces :tongue:.

It was uploaded recently to yt but I recorded it a couple of years ago and had it on my fb all along.

cheeky plate and spoon there m8 :lol:
Original post by Bude8
cheeky plate and spoon there m8 :lol:

:tongue:. Maybe I'll finally have a stab at the Clannad music over the w/e. Maybe.
Original post by keromedic
:tongue:. Maybe I'll finally have a stab at the Clannad music over the w/e. Maybe.

Try not to drown in tears when you're playing it :lol:

Latest