The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can speak dutch fluently but that's only because I grew up there. It takes about 2-5 years to become fluent depending on the language and effort put in towards learning.
Yup, I speak French fluently
I can speak Australian, American, South African etc
Yup, English and Spanish (I'm Polish). You Brits don't fancy language learning, do you? I was on a trip to the UK once and my friends and I asked random friends in the street if they spoke a second language, 0 out of 11 did. :P Yeah, I know, a magnificent study, but you're infamous for not wanting to learn.
I speak French fluently :redface:
English :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Well technically English is my second language. :biggrin:

But I'm probably better at it than my first.... :rolleyes: But then I grew up in England so I dunno if that counts really. :tongue:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I speak French fluently :redface:

You do? :O
Do you count northern as an independent language?
Original post by damonisbaby
I can speak Australian, American, South African etc

Australians speak English with different accents and dialects same for the Americans. South Africans speak Afrikaans.
Original post by jedanselemyia
You do? :O

Yes! :biggrin: I reckon that I speak it better than I can type it though, curse those annoying accents and silent letters :emo:
Reply 12
English.
Started learning 3.5 years ago, now it has become my strongest language lol
Yes! :biggrin: I reckon that I speak it better than I can type it though, curse those annoying accents and silent letters :emo:

oh writing in French is tricky so I understand you on that :smile:
That's so cool, not a lot of TSRians speak French
Original post by Black Cat
Australians speak English with different accents and dialects same for the Americans. South Africans speak Afrikaans.

I can still speak the language. :cool:
Reply 15
Yes, Norwegian :smile:
Original post by jedanselemyia
oh writing in French is tricky so I understand you on that :smile:
That's so cool, not a lot of TSRians speak French

Speaking French isn't as cool as it used to be, but it's nice whipping out your french speaking skills when dining in French cuisines from time to time :biggrin:

I'm reeeally want to learn Arabic :moon:
I can speak English, Urdu/Hindi and Punjabi. I've the know first two since I was very little. Punjabi I've always understood but learnt to speak it better over time (still needs some improvement)
Original post by Black Cat
I can speak dutch fluently but that's only because I grew up there. It takes about 2-5 years to become fluent depending on the language and effort put in towards learning.

That's pretty cool :biggrin:. Do you speak any German?
Speaking French isn't as cool as it used to be, but it's nice whipping out your french speaking skills when dining in French cuisines from time to time :biggrin:I'm reeeally want to learn Arabic :moon:

I can relate haha
I exclusively speak French to my sister so it's like a secret language nobody understands :smile:

Me too! :biggrin:
Now, speaking both Arabic and French is classy

Latest