The Student Room Group

Greatest Overall Snooker Player?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
I'll admit it is a close call but I still think Ronnie would've pipped them to the posts if he is on form

His (top) form can never be achieved by the rest of snooker players. Davis and Hendry at their best times were able to defeat him on this level, but in present, he is too strong when he is on fire.

The only one who is near to his snooker play is Neill Robertson.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ronnie O'Sullivan. The guy is madness.
Reply 22
Original post by Kallisto
His (top) form can never be achieved by the rest of snooker players. Davis and Hendry at their best times were able to defeat him on tis level, but in present, he is too strong when he is on fire.

The only one who is near to his snooker play is Neill Robertson.

I seriously reckon if they were all on top form it would go down to the last frame.

Yeah Neill Robertson is close, and he seems to be improving so he may one day reach Ronnie's top form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
(...)
Yeah Neill Robertson is close, and he seems to be improving so he may one day reach Ronnie's top form.

I hope so. He is my second favorite player and I expect a lot. It would be nice, if they play against each other in the final of the world championship in this year. :smile:
Reply 24
I hope so. He is my second favorite player and I expect a lot. It would be nice, if they play against each other in the final of the world championship in this year. :smile:

Yeah, another one that can be good is Judd Trump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, another one that can be good is Judd Trump

I know. I have watched the last frames between them at the final of the German Masters. O'Sullivan was 9-5 ahead And after that Judd Trump equalized to 9-9 and forced the decider where he has lost after a very good played snooker by O'Sullivan. I guess Judd Trump is one of the favorites at the world championship, not the top one, but favorite.
Reply 26
Ronnie at his best = unstoppable.
But his days of being the best will be coming to an end soon, and after he's done I'd say it will be between Neil Robertson and Judd Trump for me.
Reply 27
I know. I have watched the last frames between them at the final of the German Masters. O'Sullivan was 9-5 ahead And after that Judd Trump equalized to 9-9 and forced the decider where he has lost after a very good played snooker by O'Sullivan. I guess Judd Trump is one of the favorites at the world championship, not the top one, but favorite.

Ahh yes of course that was a fun match. Personally I liked Judd a little more when he used to show off with the exhibition style shots he used to do, but he's still a great player

Original post by cnutuk
But his days of being the best will be coming to an end soon, and after he's done I'd say it will be between Neil Robertson and Judd Trump for me.

Some would argue Neil is the best now, purely because Ronnie has to be in the right mindset - whereas Neil is more consistent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeeMills77
Ronnie? Stephen? Steve?

Ronnie! Definitely.
Original post by cnutuk
But his days of being the best will be coming to an end soon.

Maybe not. Past players had to deal not only with the effects of age but with new styles of play. There's no player at the moment that seems capable of moving the game on like Davis, Hendry and O'Sullivan so it's not as if O'Sullivan has to rise to new challenges. The standard seems to have plateaued.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
(...)
Some would argue Neil is the best now, purely because Ronnie has to be in the right mindset - whereas Neil is more consistent.

He is currently not the best, but he has great chances to be the best one day, especially when Ronnie O'Sullivan retires anytime.
Reply 31
He is currently not the best, but he has great chances to be the best one day, especially when Ronnie O'Sullivan retires anytime.

I never said I would argue it:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I never said I would argue it:tongue:

I just wanted to depict my point of view, as you said that there are some people who argue that Neil is the best now.
Reply 33
I just wanted to depict my point of view, as you said that there are some people who argue that Neil is the best now.

I know. That McGill is impressing me, he might turn out to be a top notch player later on in his career

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I know. That McGill is impressing me, he might turn out to be a top notch player later on in his career

Do you talk about Stephen McGuire in Round 1? yeah, its decider-time! let's see, whether McGill is strong and good enough in this phase.
Reply 35
Do you talk about Stephen McGuire in Round 1? yeah, its decider-time! let's see, whether McGill is strong and good enough in this phase.

Indeed, I was watching earlier and McGill put an impressive frame in from an impressive long pot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Indeed, I was watching earlier and McGill put an impressive frame in from an impressive long pot

He really did it! he has even played a century break. What a confidence he must have had to finish this match in this way.
Reply 37
He really did it! he has even played a century break. What a confidence he must have had to finish this match in this way.

Yeah and McGuire was on form as well, so it wouldn't have been easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ronnie
Original post by Dora1906
Ronnie

Who else as the living legend? *looking to Stephen Hendry* oh, sorry Stephen! I almost forgot you.

Quick Reply

Latest