The Student Room Group

What will it say on my GCSE statement of results?

In year 9 I took core science, intending to do only the double science route, and got a B. However now I'm in year 11 I'm now taking triple science, (and resitting the core units) and I'm confused whether the results page will just say biology, chemistry and physics with the grades I get or if it'll say those with my core qualification?
Thank you! Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never done a resit before.
Is it with AQA?
I'm not sure if this'll be the same for you... But our whole year took the core science in Year 9 as a practice - I've been Planning to do triple all along... The plan was just to do all 9 exams this year, with everyone re-doing the core - even all of us who got A*. However, the government have started something saying 'once you've started on a science pathway... You can't switch pathways...' So as we're now on this core science 'route' instead of biology, chemistry and physics our 3 GCSEs will be called core science, additional science and further additional science (we do the same exams and everything!) :-/ Don't know whether this applies to you too??
Reply 3
Original post by Stress head-_-
Is it with AQA?

Yes
Reply 4
Original post by #sarahsmith2
I'm not sure if this'll be the same for you... But our whole year took the core science in Year 9 as a practice - I've been Planning to do triple all along... The plan was just to do all 9 exams this year, with everyone re-doing the core - even all of us who got A*. However, the government have started something saying 'once you've started on a science pathway... You can't switch pathways...' So as we're now on this core science 'route' instead of biology, chemistry and physics our 3 GCSEs will be called core science, additional science and further additional science (we do the same exams and everything!) :-/ Don't know whether this applies to you too??

I did a core, an additional and a further additional ISA so I'd think so. However someone said something like a further additional qualification doesn't exist, as in although you took further additional it's called biology, chemistry and physics. But I'm not sure if I'm confused or that's old, as you just said it's something the government introduced recently. :-/
Reply 5
Does anyone have the papers for unit 3 2014 ?
Reply 6
Original post by bldhavn
In year 9 I took core science, intending to do only the double science route, and got a B. However now I'm in year 11 I'm now taking triple science, (and resitting the core units) and I'm confused whether the results page will just say biology, chemistry and physics with the grades I get or if it'll say those with my core qualification?

You will get 3 separate GCSEs in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The Core Science will not be mentioned as you gained it in a different exam series.
Original post by bldhavn
I did a core, an additional and a further additional ISA so I'd think so. However someone said something like a further additional qualification doesn't exist, as in although you took further additional it's called biology, chemistry and physics. But I'm not sure if I'm confused or that's old, as you just said it's something the government introduced recently. :-/

I'm pretty sure the further additional science is new - we had a talk about it in school and everything. Although it's the same exams if the school don't put us in with the exam boards as additional/further additional they won't be able to count our results towards the school league table - so they'll probably make sure to do this... This means your gcse's will be called this too if that was the case

Quick Reply

Latest