The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, I'm a teenage girl willing to convert from Islam to another religion for my love - what are your views on this? Will I be hated against by all Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8402
Original post by ayesha2
Hey everyone, I'm a teenage girl willing to convert from Islam to another religion for my love - what are your views on this? Will I be hated against by all Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes you think you are indeed a Muslim?
Having a "Muslim" name doesn't necessarily make you a believer.
I doubt your intentions given this is your first post on a new account.
Original post by PPF

I do think she's trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8404
Original post by HAnwar
I do think she's trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why's that?
Original post by PPF
Why's that?

It's quite a silly question, no offense.
And like you said, it's a new account, first post...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8406
Original post by HAnwar
It's quite a silly question, no offense.
And like you said, it's a new account, first post...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can go either way.. And given the market sentiment recently, I had my reasons to doubt.
Original post by PPF
It can go either way.. And given the market sentiment recently, I had my reasons to doubt.

Ok :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8408
...Indeed, my Lord is Subtle in what He wills. Indeed, it is He who is the Knowing, the Wise. [Quran 12:100]
Original post by PPF

Lol brosister noor did fake being an ex muslim and a girl for almost a year I guess.

Can't trust anyone :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ayesha2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Selling your akirah for a temporary boy isn't a good thing. You may be hated by some.
Original post by PPF

:yy:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
Thank you, it's good to be in touch with you all again :smile:

I've never heard any specific ruling on film making but as you've touched upon if it does take someone away from the deen then it's definitely not good. Also if within the film making there is haraam then the film making itself won't be right. Perhaps you need to think about what kind of films you'd make and what the content would be then figure out if it's suitable to do.

AoA.

Sorry for the late reply :smile:

Hope you are well iA.

And thanks a lot for that information.

So if I were to let's say make films about science fiction, could it be argued that it would lead people away from God since they may begin to believe that science is the only way forward? Although I guess the counter argument here is that it is purely a work of fiction and that is all. I suppose my question is, to what extent is a creative person held responsible for how their work affects the masses, or is this just about intention again?

Finally, and I don't mean to provoke any controversy by asking this question, but I was hoping to read Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie and I wasn't sure if I should since he seems to be somewhat of an Islamophobe? I mean I don't believe there is anything against Islam in that novel but could it be argued that one could be sub-consciously influenced by his writing and let that affect their iman? I just wanted to clarify that I have absolutely no intention of reading the Satanic Verses, Astaghfirullah.

JazakAllah Khair for your responses in advance again.

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions :smile:
[video="youtube;M7VIGVqoYwg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7VIGVqoYwg[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Lol brosister noor did fake being an ex muslim and a girl for almost a year I guess.

:no:
Ibn Abbas said: “No one may taste true faith except by this (i.e. building relationships for Allah’s sake), even if his prayers and fasts are many. People have come to build their relationship around the concerns of the world, but it will not benefit them in any way.”

Mannnnnn. Something we all need to reflect upon!
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
:no:

:naughty:
Original post by IdeasForLife
:naughty:

Good to see you back :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)