The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antigone-
Ah okay, I'm from London too but I don't think I'll be bringing my mum, see you there I guess haha

It was a really random email actually, like I thought not getting in to the summer school was the end of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackdiamond97
It was a really random email actually, like I thought not getting in to the summer school was the end of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is pretty strange but I'm not complaining :biggrin: I've spoken to friends of my mine who were denied for other courses and they haven't had such an email
Yeah it is pretty strange but I'm not complaining :biggrin: I've spoken to friends of my mine who were denied for other courses and they haven't had such an email

The couple of applicants that I've talked to hasn't heard anything either, so I guess we're special :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was everyone asked if they wanted to attend/ receive info about a virtual learning course?
It was a yes or no question at the end of the form, if you didn't get accepted :confused:

What gcse grades did you guys get, if you don't mind me asking? I want to know if I have good enough grades for oxford:smile:
Original post by FHL123
Was everyone asked if they wanted to attend/ receive info about a virtual learning course?
It was a yes or no question at the end of the form, if you didn't get accepted :confused:

I don't remember a question at the application stage, but the letter basically said how we were still strong applicants even though we didn't get a place and so that's why we were invited for the taster day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FHL123

Yeah I got that question too
Original post by rich1334
Yeah I got that question too

Do you have any idea on what it's about?
Anyone else get in from Scotland's? I'm worried about travelling cos it looks like it might be 7 hours on a train but I'm really looking forward to getting there
Reply 529
Original post by Uke_Kate
Anyone else get in from Scotland's? I'm worried about travelling cos it looks like it might be 7 hours on a train but I'm really looking forward to getting there

I am also from Scotland and more than likely getting the train down
Original post by James_E
I am also from Scotland and more than likely getting the train down

There's no direct route from any train station near me so I think it's going to be a bit of a nightmare
Reply 531
Original post by Uke_Kate
There's no direct route from any train station near me so I think it's going to be a bit of a nightmare

I'm luckily enough to live reasonably close to Glasgow Central
Original post by James_E
I'm luckily enough to live reasonably close to Glasgow Central

Lucky, I'm in Fife so I'll have to get to Edinburgh first and then change somewhere in England as well.
Got onto the reserve list for Maths, doesn't say which one though (my first choice was Numbers, Proofs and Codes, second choice What are the Chances). Does anyone know if we hear back on the 20th or later?
Original post by RougeDeluge
Got onto the reserve list for Maths, doesn't say which one though (my first choice was Numbers, Proofs and Codes, second choice What are the Chances). Does anyone know if we hear back on the 20th or later?

I'm on the reserve list too, I imagine if somebody can't make it for any reason and they've not accepted their application by the 20th, we'll hear near then. But we could be called anytime up until the day of the school, so if somebody's ill or something a few days before then I imagine we could get a call at that point too:smile:
Original post by katowe2602
I'm on the reserve list too, I imagine if somebody can't make it for any reason and they've not accepted their application by the 20th, we'll hear near then. But we could be called anytime up until the day of the school, so if somebody's ill or something a few days before then I imagine we could get a call at that point too:smile:

Ohh, thanks :smile::smile: I'm guessing it will just appear on the uniq login website if we get accepted. Good luck with it!
Original post by RougeDeluge
Ohh, thanks :smile::smile: I'm guessing it will just appear on the uniq login website if we get accepted. Good luck with it!

Yeah I think so, fingers crossed for us:smile: you too!
Reply 537
Acorn 11 (mad - how did I get in?!); 8 people from my sixth form got Oxbridge offers this year; 7A*s and 5As at GCSE and got a place for beginner's languages :smile: although my first choice was French... but this will be more useful I think!
Does anyone know when successful applicants will be contacted next? :smile:
Does anyone know when we'll get more information? I'm thinking of booking the train soon so that the costs are kept down for the UNIQ team but I don't know when I should haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending