The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by SophieNorcross
I've done like an essay from each topic, and trying to remember the essays with the main points, what about you?

Oh nice! How much is that broken down into - is it one for kaiser reich, one for impact of WW1, one for Weimar, one for rise of the nazis and one for wartime Germany?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 261
Original post by Finnskilongmuir
Do you find that helps quite a bit, because originally I started doing that but I am doing flashcards first!!

I've just finished my flash cards and find them more useful than writing essays haha. But everyone's different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I write the essays in class as homework/classwork and then from them essays writw flash cards. I however think there's so much to learn :frown:
Reply 263
I write the essays in class as homework/classwork and then from them essays writw flash cards. I however think there's so much to learn :frown:

There is too much! I've got over 100 cards so far :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its really annoying when they could ask anything? I hope we had a more closer clue to what was going to be asked
Reply 265
Its really annoying when they could ask anything? I hope we had a more closer clue to what was going to be asked

Yeah if is annoying that - but I guess the benefit of it is that they're more lenient on own knowledge. If we knew what was coming up then they would expect us to have very accurate and detailed knowledge of a given event or factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is really annoying? What do u think will be asked in part a?
Reply 267
It is really annoying? What do u think will be asked in part a?

I think transformation of economy/society and politics in the second reich, and hurlers consolidation of power in 1933.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I think transformation of economy/society and politics in the second reich, and hurlers consolidation of power in 1933. Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so!! Do u think there's a good chance they will come up? Coz that's why I also think
Reply 269
I really hope so!! Do u think there's a good chance they will come up? Coz that's why I also think

They're both highly likely. My teacher seems to agree too and he's an examiner. (Obviously he doesn't have inside knowledge, but he's experienced).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
They're both highly likely. My teacher seems to agree too and he's an examiner. (Obviously he doesn't have inside knowledge, but he's experienced). Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy to hear that, as I hope that is asked, especially Hitlers/1933 period? What do you/your teacher think for WW1 controversy?
Reply 271
Happy to hear that, as I hope that is asked, especially Hitlers/1933 period? What do you/your teacher think for WW1 controversy?

Yeah that would be really good :smile:

I personally think pressures from internal problems forcing the elites to pursue desires to start a war/build the armed forces - BUT, it's so hard to predict haha.
Original post by CD223
Yeah that would be really good :smile:I personally think pressures from internal problems forcing the elites to pursue desires to start a war/build the armed forces - BUT, it's so hard to predict haha.

So hard to predict, I agree :/
Reply 273
So hard to predict, I agree :/

Yeah :/ do you know any good video/podcast resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah :/ do you know any good video/podcast resources?Posted from TSR Mobile

No sorry :frown: but sometimes I just google topics in YouTube
Reply 275
No sorry :frown: but sometimes I just google topics in YouTube

Oh nice! I'll give it a go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
There is too much! I've got over 100 cards so far :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you write on your flash cards? Like how do you narrow down all the topics? By events then short summaries? Or by chapters in the textbook? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
What do you write on your flash cards? Like how do you narrow down all the topics? By events then short summaries? Or by chapters in the textbook? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do it by chapters in the red Martin Collier Edexcel Kaiser to Fuhrer textbook :smile: as well as my class notes.

They're done chronologically, (within reason, obviously the rise of the Nazis takes you back to 1920 after leaving Weimar at 1929), with a mix of timelines, mind maps, events bullet points and key people/words :smile:

Does that help?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh nice! I'll give it a go :smile: Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it's not bad to be honest
Reply 279
yeah it's not bad to be honest

Oh good! I remember watching BBC Bitesize videos for Nazi Germany at GCSE. They were a bit of fun, but are probably nowhere near detailed enough for A level unfortunately :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending