The Student Room Group

Article: Learn this magic formula now and smash your exams

You can view the page at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16155-Learn-this-magic-formula-now-and-smash-your-exams

In the past which exams have you achieved the flow state?

Day to day which activities do you do which get you in the zone?
:cookie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Damn.
It's really good I like it! I've always done a similar thing but didn't know its an actual technique. Sounds like a good idea for next month :tongue:
Original post by tinababy
It's really good I like it! I've always done a similar thing but didn't know its an actual technique. Sounds like a good idea for next month :tongue:

I'm really glad :smile: It's a technique that first class athletes and top business executives use and can definitely be applied to sitting exams.

When I think of my best exam experience I remember that the words literally poured out of me onto the paper and I actually enjoyed it because I was in my zone. I'd also completed lots of past papers as part of my revision and a lot of the questions that came up were very similar. So because I felt very familiar with the content of the paper and had sufficiently revised it all felt very natural on the day. I didn't need to think about anything, just write :h:
you must become one with the examiner
This is fabulous.

I face all the obstacles :angelblush:
Subbing to
Original post by She-Ra
I'm really glad :smile: It's a technique that first class athletes and top business executives use and can definitely be applied to sitting exams.

When I think of my best exam experience I remember that the words literally poured out of me onto the paper and I actually enjoyed it because I was in my zone. I'd also completed lots of past papers as part of my revision and a lot of the questions that came up were very similar. So because I felt very familiar with the content of the paper and had sufficiently revised it all felt very natural on the day. I didn't need to think about anything, just write :h:

Omg same!!! It feels so good because all the answers just kinda flow out of you and you get this sense of achievement after all your hard work. Mind you, its certainly takes a lot of practice and past papers to achieve this state but when you do its so good:tongue: I have never done the visualization as much tho which is something I think I will do this time :smile:
Dat #flowstate
Top UEFA penalty scorer you know! Is that what they are calling the Ballan d'Or these days?
Will definitely try that trick next exam!😄
Original post by Dee .. ♥
This is fabulous.

I face all the obstacles :angelblush:

I'm glad you like it :h:

So now you recognise the obstacles you face personally do you feel like you have a strategy for dealing with them?

Original post by tinababy
Omg same!!! It feels so good because all the answers just kinda flow out of you and you get this sense of achievement after all your hard work. Mind you, its certainly takes a lot of practice and past papers to achieve this state but when you do its so good:tongue: I have never done the visualization as much tho which is something I think I will do this time :smile:

That's exactly right :smile: Thanks for sharing, I think that will help lots of other students. It does take a lot of practice as you say and you must know subjects inside out, but it is certainly possible. Especially in the subjects that you really like and the ones you feel most confident in.

The subjects you feel less sure about more practice is needed. Good luck with your exams :h:

Original post by Patricia Brown
Will definitely try that trick next exam!😄

Awesome! Good luck :biggrin:

Original post by Gott
Not much you can do if you don't know the stuff though, apparently you have to see something 20 times to know it

You're absolutely right. If you don't know the syllabus content then you will struggle to get into your flow state. Revision and past paper questions are key for this.
Tl;dr: DON'T PANIC! And I can't agree more. I've utterly failed the Physics Olympiad because I was so nervous my mind curled up into a ball and cried. Approach an exam calmly and your mind will be open, flexible and creative.
my mind hurts when i look at words!!!!
Many students will find this article useful))
This is lovely! I truly needed it!
Reply 16
Marvelous, I try to use these advices.
Reply 17
Any advice for nerves and silly mistakes during exams? It let me down last year.
this advice actually looks really promising
Original post by pippa.dh
this advice actually looks really promising

Hooray :smile:

I wrote it so if you have any questions let me know :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending