The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
Murray in for Giroud is a bit of a punt, but with Chelsea next week for Arsenal can't see Giroud doing much/anything for that GW too.

To prepare for their double GW soon, I'll probably get him back in and get another Arsenal mid, as I have got rid of Ozil too over similar logic.

Henderson and Skrtel for a 4 point hit next week I think.

Colo is back for Newcastle, so expect their defence to at least improve. They are still dire though, but Spurs haven't scored in two games.

That would've been my change but I didn't want to take a hit dropping proud when I'd bring him straight back next week.

Yeah, arsenal mid or giroud is essential in my opinion.
The only problem is picking the right mid - Arsenal's goals/assists seem to come from bloody everywhere (which is why they're so good), but it makes it hard for FF.
They might win 4-1 but Sanchez will pick up only 2 points or something.

Henderson and Skrtel are both solid options.
I would advise one Liverpool defensive player (Mignolet/Skrtel/Moreno) along with a midfielder (Henderson/Sterling/Coutinho).
Henderson is looking like a better idea with each passing game but I already have sterling so I'm unsure.

Yeah, Colo is essential for them but they'll still be awful.
There's no desire or fight to win any games.
Granted they were unlucky not to get a pen against us, but they caused us more or less no problems in 90 minutes of football.
Not good enough.
Original post by Lúcio
That would've been my change but I didn't want to take a hit dropping proud when I'd bring him straight back next week.

Yeah, arsenal mid or giroud is essential in my opinion.
The only problem is picking the right mid - Arsenal's goals/assists seem to come from bloody everywhere (which is why they're so good), but it makes it hard for FF.
They might win 4-1 but Sanchez will pick up only 2 points or something.

Henderson and Skrtel are both solid options.
I would advise one Liverpool defensive player (Mignolet/Skrtel/Moreno) along with a midfielder (Henderson/Sterling/Coutinho).
Henderson is looking like a better idea with each passing game but I already have sterling so I'm unsure.

Yeah, Colo is essential for them but they'll still be awful.
There's no desire or fight to win any games.
Granted they were unlucky not to get a pen against us, but they caused us more or less no problems in 90 minutes of football.
Not good enough.

Way I see it is Giroud plays Chelsea next, so will likely get two points then too and Murray has Hull at home. Calculated risk, may or may not pay off.

I already have Coutinho. The both fixtures they have in the DGW are nice, so gonna triple up. While Chelsea don't really have any outstanding options for a third choice for me due to expense mainly.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Way I see it is Giroud plays Chelsea next, so will likely get two points then too and Murray has Hull at home. Calculated risk, may or may not pay off.

I already have Coutinho. The both fixtures they have in the DGW are nice, so gonna triple up. While Chelsea don't really have any outstanding options for a third choice for me due to expense mainly.

from my perspective it would be taking a 4 point hit to bring murray in AND using a FT next week to bring giroud back.
do i think murray will get 4 more points than giroud over the next GW?
quite possibly, however i don't think it's worth the resources and the risk.

inb4 murray hattrick.

yeah; i'm considering bringing in henderson in addition to sterling and mignolet.
i have sakho but he's injured and won't be returning any time soon.

yeah, money is a bit of an issue - there's nobody of high enough value i can afford to drop:

aguero and silva will be the main source of points for city.
giroud is in excellent form.
i brought kane in AGES ago, so with his value growing so much since, it would be a silly risk to drop him.
hazard is scarily consistent.
sterling can be played as a striker, but he'll still get 5 pts per goal (if he stops missing sitters)
clyne and terry at the back are solid and a good return of points.

dropping downing will barely give me any money to play with so it isn't really worth it anyway.
Forgot to make my change just to get 11 players on the pitch. Had 2 FT as well. :facepalm:

Was going to replace a keeper but ah well. Probably just lost a couple of points overall.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Forgot to make my change just to get 11 players on the pitch. Had 2 FT as well. :facepalm:

Was going to replace a keeper but ah well. Probably just lost a couple of points overall.

well that's it.
obviously you always want 11 players but in reality, most will pick up 2/3 points in general, especially if it's a cheaper player.

issue is that you had 2FTs so you've basically lost the extra one from next week - not good at a time where many teams have blanks or DGWs :/
Original post by Lúcio
well that's it.
obviously you always want 11 players but in reality, most will pick up 2/3 points in general, especially if it's a cheaper player.

issue is that you had 2FTs so you've basically lost the extra one from next week - not good at a time where many teams have blanks or DGWs :/

Which Liverpool defender is likely to start both DGW games other than Skrtel? I can only think of Moreno but he never gets BAPs/attacking points and picks up a lot of cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Which Liverpool defender is likely to start both DGW games other than Skrtel? I can only think of Moreno but he never gets BAPs/attacking points and picks up a lot of cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

spot on - skrtel and moreno will start both; why not consider mignolet?
i think he's 5.3m so he isn't exactly cheap, but he has the most clean sheets in the league (i think)
gotta be one of the top scoring keepers, even after our ridiculously bad season start.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll see tomorrow probably with Skrtel back whether Lovren is favoured. Maybe 3atb which means Lovren would be a cert.
Original post by Lúcio
spot on - skrtel and moreno will start both; why not consider mignolet?
i think he's 5.3m so he isn't exactly cheap, but he has the most clean sheets in the league (i think)
gotta be one of the top scoring keepers, even after our ridiculously bad season start.

He's the highest scoring keeper I think :tongue: I think i've missed the boat on Mignolet though, should have got him in on my January WC. I don't want to ditch Ospina either, Arsenal's fixtures post Chelsea are amazing.

Lovren would be fantastic because then I could just upgrade Hutton (injured and crap fixtures). As it stands i'm just going to take Clyne out for Skrtel, as there are better/cheaper routes in to the Saints defence.
Original post by sr90
He's the highest scoring keeper I think :tongue: I think i've missed the boat on Mignolet though, should have got him in on my January WC. I don't want to ditch Ospina either, Arsenal's fixtures post Chelsea are amazing.

Lovren would be fantastic because then I could just upgrade Hutton (injured and crap fixtures). As it stands i'm just going to take Clyne out for Skrtel, as there are better/cheaper routes in to the Saints defence.

in fairness, few people could've predicted his change.
one of my keepers got injured long term so i brought him in

lovren would be good short term - unless we keep playing back 4, he'll be starting games with sakho out.
i've had clyne for too long to ditch him tbh; i'm always like that with players i've had for a while
Why did i bring in Remy... :emo:
Morgan with 12 points on my bench. Been happening too often this lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asr11
Why did i bring in Remy... :emo:

Looked a good punt at the time lol. Maybe he's back for this double game week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if kane as my captain doesn't at least score one vs newcastle of all teams, i'm gonna be pissed...

hazard, zouma and terry literally couldn't have been better (and more cost efficient) options for my 3 chelsea players :cool:

they've made up my entire 23 points today (since clyne got 0 in the end).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Looked a good punt at the time lol. Maybe he's back for this double game week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remy should replace Drogba next week if he's fully fit as Drogba has been terrible recently. After that, Costa may not be risked against Leicester meaning Remy could start there as well. Just need to get lucky for a change.
Did anyone NOT captain Aguero? As everyone owns Silva and Kane as well it's hard to get excited about today. Hopefully Rose can keep a CS.

Original post by asr11
Remy should replace Drogba next week if he's fully fit as Drogba has been terrible recently. After that, Costa may not be risked against Leicester meaning Remy could start there as well. Just need to get lucky for a change.

I'd think Remy starts Leicester and Costa starts Arsenal. Would avoid both tbh.
Original post by sr90
Did anyone NOT captain Aguero? As everyone owns Silva and Kane as well it's hard to get excited about today. Hopefully Rose can keep a CS.

I captained Kane simply because of how poor Newcastle are.

I feel like it could've been a mistake...
If Aguero scores another, I'll be kicking myself as usual.
Captain choices have messed me up this season.
Damn you Aguero.. already 3 goals since I took him out.
Eriksen scores. Didn't get rid of him because I didn't have enough FT and there was no one worth replacing him with this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Captain Kane! Eriksen from earlier.

And of course I get rid of Aguero last GW and he scores in the 2 GWs since.

Quick Reply

Latest