The Student Room Group

Applied ICT Unit 3: The Knowledge Worker May 2015 Exam

What your thoughts about the Unit 3 Pre- release? The scenario looks better than last years.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know, it seems quite confusing.
Reply 2
Well if other people can contribute then this exam will be a lot easier I'd say
Reply 3
More brains is better than one
Reply 4
Have you seen the practice file? Looks similar to previous exam I praticised a while ago but I forgot what the name of the paper was
Someone upload the scenario and data files please?
Reply 6
please upload the scenario and the practice file..urgent.
Reply 7
This whole workbook makes no sense to me. All files are attached. I am allowed to attach them right?
(edited 9 years ago)
The scenario looks more confusing than last year, i'm not too sure where to start, however I've only looked at it at a glace. However I can piece it together and see how it can all correlates. The main thing with this exam looks to be the quantity of data that is given to manage and hopefully there are no new worksheets added to the exam, which would make it more difficult.

Overall I can see how this spreadsheet could play out but I can see that with this exam it would require to look into it more than last years.
Reply 9
Original post by Kinggherkin
The scenario looks more confusing than last year, i'm not too sure where to start, however I've only looked at it at a glace. However I can piece it together and see how it can all correlates. The main thing with this exam looks to be the quantity of data that is given to manage and hopefully there are no new worksheets added to the exam, which would make it more difficult.

Overall I can see how this spreadsheet could play out but I can see that with this exam it would require to look into it more than last years.

Could you upload your workbook on what you think it should look like? On the scenario it did mention hidden worksheets, but I have no idea how the data on them could be incorporated into the visible worksheets. The extra worsksheets last year threw me off.
Original post by bannakox
This whole workbook makes no sense to me. All files are attached. I am allowed to attach them right?
Hey bannakox, we're not allowed to host exam files like those on TSR, but you are allowed to link to them if they are publicly available. If not publicly available, I wouldn't advise sharing them.
Hi, can some one give a brief explanation of the scenario? Or is it too soon? Thanks :smile:
What questions do you think they'll ask regarding the spreadsheet model??
shhh Alex
Reply 14
Today, we recieved the Scenario from our IT Teacher. And he has no clue on what we are doing. We have not even recieved the practice files yet. Can anybody help!!!!
Our teacher doesn't know what to do we have the practice spreadsheet and the scenario. No idea:K: Can anyone help?
hello guyz
Reply 17
Original post by Mohsin56
Our teacher doesn't know what to do we have the practice spreadsheet and the scenario. No idea:K: Can anyone help?

What is the practice spreadsheet like? We got told nobody has it yet!
Reply 18
It seems like most of our teachers have no idea. I was expecting easier one this year as the Pixieplates was not an easy one.
I am completely baffled by the scenario, did everyone here do GCSE ICT? I'm one of the only in my class who didn't and haven't used spreadsheets much before, really have no idea what I'm doing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending