The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Only on 2010 papers at the minute! Gonna try and get to 2012 over the next week or so - what was bad about it? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a nasty differential equation,, some difficult trig,, and the final question on vectors sums it up!
Reply 181
Original post by lionelmessi19
There's a nasty differential equation,, some difficult trig,, and the final question on vectors sums it up!

Ouch. Not my favourite topics as you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ouch. Not my favourite topics as you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I know! Good luck with that :wink:
Reply 183
Yeah, I know! Good luck with that :wink:

Haha! What papers are you on for each unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha! What papers are you on for each unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on june 2013 for C3
January 2013 for c4
and june 2009 for s2.. I haven't really bothered with s2, because every time I start a paper, I can't get past the first question, so I leave it :frown:

And for all these units, I started papers from around January 2009 onwards..
I assume you've done more of the older papers right?
Reply 185
I'm on june 2013 for C3
January 2013 for c4
and june 2009 for s2.. I haven't really bothered with s2, because every time I start a paper, I can't get past the first question, so I leave it :frown:

And for all these units, I started papers from around January 2009 onwards..
I assume you've done more of the older papers right?

Nice! Is S2 "important"? Like, in C3 and C4 generally people prioritise those over the options units...

Yeah I started in June 2005 with C3, C4 and M2 over Easter and I'm now on Jam 2008 for each unit.

That said, I've done 2010-2011 papers for C3 and C4 as homework :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Sorry to interrupt this fascinating conversation, but would any of you have the June 2014 C3 and C4 question papers with their mark schemes? I'd highly appreciate it if you could post a link or attachment of them - thanks :smile: :smile:
Original post by CD223
Nice! Is S2 "important"? Like, in C3 and C4 generally people prioritise those over the options units...

Yeah I started in June 2005 with C3, C4 and M2 over Easter and I'm now on Jam 2008 for each unit.

That said, I've done 2010-2011 papers for C3 and C4 as homework :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's decent! Your option unit is not really important in your case.. since you only need something like 2 ums in that exam.. but I need a solid A in all my units.. It's not likely atm that I will score 90% in C3/C4, so I've got to do well in S2
Reply 188
Yeah, that's decent! Your option unit is not really important in your case.. since you only need something like 2 ums in that exam.. but I need a solid A in all my units.. It's not likely atm that I will score 90% in C3/C4, so I've got to do well in S2

"Jam 2008"... I should really proof read my messages on here...

Oh right! Good luck :smile: S2 is not easy from what I've heard, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I need to do well in Core 3 and Core 4 so badly, but I'm worried that the level I'm at isn't enough due to being used to the "older, easier" style of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
"Jam 2008"... I should really proof read my messages on here...

Oh right! Good luck :smile: S2 is not easy from what I've heard, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I need to do well in Core 3 and Core 4 so badly, but I'm worried that the level I'm at isn't enough due to being used to the "older, easier" style of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I understood what you meant :smile:
Thanks for that.. and yes, you're right that C3/C4 gets harder in the more recent papers. I'd say skip forward to some more of the harder papers for now,, and near exam time go back and do an easier paper to boost your confidence :smile:
Original post by Salwa_
Sorry to interrupt this fascinating conversation, but would any of you have the June 2014 C3 and C4 question papers with their mark schemes? I'd highly appreciate it if you could post a link or attachment of them - thanks :smile: :smile:

Hahaha, that's alright :smile:
I'm afraid I don't have the C3/C4 question papers and mark schemes separately. I do have a handwritten example of the paper and his answers by the Chalkface.net, but there are mistakes in his solutions.
Reply 191
That's fine, I'd be more than happy to see it if you don't mind giving me a link or something :smile: 2014 papers are the only one's I have left until I've finished all papers for C3 & C2 :tongue:
Reply 192
Haha, I understood what you meant :smile:
Thanks for that.. and yes, you're right that C3/C4 gets harder in the more recent papers. I'd say skip forward to some more of the harder papers for now,, and near exam time go back and do an easier paper to boost your confidence :smile:

That's a good tactic - I think I might skip a few and try the "new style" papers. Kinda worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by Salwa_
That's fine, I'd be more than happy to see it if you don't mind giving me a link or something :smile: 2014 papers are the only one's I have left until I've finished all papers for C3 & C2 :tongue:

Are you doing 2014 papers as a mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's a good tactic - I think I might skip a few and try the "new style" papers. Kinda worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, good idea! It's not that bad though! Nothing to be really worried about.. especially for someone who only dropped a couple of marks in total last year!
Reply 195
Yeah, good idea! It's not that bad though! Nothing to be really worried about.. especially for someone who only dropped a couple of marks in total last year!

Ah I know what you mean but I have found A2 a step up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah I know what you mean but I have found A2 a step up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, that's true.. but you'll still be fine! Dw :smile:
Reply 197
Oh right, that's true.. but you'll still be fine! Dw :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement! June 2014 Core 4 mock on Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thanks for the encouragement! June 2014 Core 4 mock on Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha,, good luck with that! I've got one sometime next week too!
Reply 199
Ahaha,, good luck with that! I've got one sometime next week too!

Ooh really? I've heard it's a hard paper. 59/75 for an A* :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending