The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Hi guys, as we approach 7 weeks before this exam, I thought I would upload my revision notes to the thread!

Anyone else also willing to contribute, please quote me or send me a PM and I'll credit your resource in the first post
:smile:

Without further ado...

My personal revision guide for PHYA4!

Spoiler

Reply 981
Original post by CD223
Hi guys, as we approach 7 weeks before this exam, I thought I would upload my revision notes to the thread!

Anyone else also willing to contribute, please quote me or send me a PM and I'll credit your resource in the first post

Without further ado...

Spoiler

Wow these look pretty useful! I'll take a proper read through next week sometime hopefully, thanks :smile:
Reply 982
Original post by Lau14
Wow these look pretty useful! I'll take a proper read through next week sometime hopefully, thanks :smile:

That's okay! Thanks for your notes too! Hope mine can be of use to some people aha! They're made mainly from class notes and the Nelson Thornes book :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is VERY Impressive. Hard to believe that Physics Isn't your best subject honestly (pretty sure I read that somewhere in this thread.)

Have you sent this to your teacher so that they can upload it to your colleges portal?

Ill comment back tomorrow when I've read it properly, Just came home from work so I'm V tired.
Reply 984
Original post by Kennethm
This is VERY Impressive. Hard to believe that Physics Isn't your best subject honestly (pretty sure I read that somewhere in this thread.)

Have you sent this to your teacher so that they can upload it to your colleges portal?

Ill comment back tomorrow when I've read it properly, Just came home from work so I'm V tired.

Hi there!

Aw thank you for the kind words! It's definitely not my best subject :/ good idea! I'll upload my teacher and let him know so he can upload it to our VLE site!

Sure! I know the feeling! I have work tomorrow, so I've had to try and blitz my work today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 985
Hey guys?
I have done the elusive june 2014 paper, although I cannot post a copy as someone else gave me it. If anyone else does it and has difficulty understanding the markscheme please feel free to ask me :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by TheRAG
Hey guys?
I have done the elusive june 2014 paper, although I cannot post a copy as someone else gave me it. If anyone else does it and has difficulty understanding the markscheme please feel free to ask me :smile:

Meant ! instead of ?
Reply 987
Original post by TheRAG
Hey guys?

Oh right sure! Will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 988
Original post by CD223
Oh right sure! Will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you done it yet?
Im actively looking for a clean copy, can't seem to find it anywhere.
Reply 990
Original post by Kennethm
Im actively looking for a clean copy, can't seem to find it anywhere.

Is it allowed to post the paper since AQA haven't officially relaeased it? My chem teacher wouldn't post the 2014 chem paper because the exam board hasn't officially released it you see...
The revision guide is brilliant. I'm currently using it for test period on Tuesday. Thank you so much.
Reply 992
Original post by TheRAG
Have you done it yet?

I have, I'll dig out my paper and try and understand what I got wrong...we didn't get given a mark scheme :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
Original post by Mai.H
Is it allowed to post the paper since AQA haven't officially relaeased it? My chem teacher wouldn't post the 2014 chem paper because the exam board hasn't officially released it you see...

My teacher has emailed me to say I can have a copy after we go back on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Original post by Samphosrattana
The revision guide is brilliant. I'm currently using it for test period on Tuesday. Thank you so much.

Ah that's great news! Thank you! :smile:

I posted a similar revision guide for PHYA5 on that thread too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
Wow, almost 1,000 posts? You can tell this exam is getting near...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 996
Original post by CD223
I have, I'll dig out my paper and try and understand what I got wrong...we didn't get given a mark scheme :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will post a multiple choice mark scheme today and one for part B (whenever I can get a pdf/other online copy) (mine is paper only)
Original post by CD223

Without further ado...

Spoiler

As usual CD223, I can't even give you enough reps for this resource.

This question comes from Q2aii of the June 2014 paper in which you have to use the equation Ep=QE delta d. This equation is obviously not on the equation sheet (I didn't actually know this equation). Do either of you have a list of all the equations that we need to know that aren't on the equation sheet?
Or do you have any tips on deriving these equations from equations that we are given?

Original post by TheRAG
Hey guys?
Original post by CD223
My teacher has emailed me to say I can have a copy after we go back on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If thats the case, are you willing to post it here once you have it? :smile:)))))
Reply 999
Original post by l1lvink
As usual CD223, I can't even give you enough reps for this resource.

This question comes from Q2aii of the June 2014 paper in which you have to use the equation Ep=QE delta d. This equation is obviously not on the equation sheet (I didn't actually know this equation). Do either of you have a list of all the equations that we need to know that aren't on the equation sheet?
Or do you have any tips on deriving these equations from equations that we are given?

You actually use W=Fs (Work done in joules = Force x distance).
You do 4x10-16J/63mm to work out force. Do not fall into the trap of trying to derive an equation Q or r, as this only works if there is more than one charge.
Also the charge moves, and you are provided with distance and work done (which = kinetic energy)

Hope this helps:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending