The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight Quant.
:hmmm:
Are you sure about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :yep:
Original post by ayesha2
Hey everyone, I'm a teenage girl willing to convert from Islam to another religion for my love - what are your views on this? Will I be hated against by all Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why can't the guy become a Muslim for you?
Original post by ayesha2
Hey everyone, I'm a teenage girl willing to convert from Islam to another religion for my love - what are your views on this? Will I be hated against by all Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that you consider reverting to another religion begs the question, do you even have a shred of understanding of you own religion? Or maybe you are just Muslim by name and don't really believe in Islam? In any case the punishment for reverting is death under shariah law. My personal opinion is that you should be loved for who you are. Your boyfriend should accept your religion along with you. You come as a package. If he is christian or jewish you don't have to convert to be with them anyway as Islam allows relations with people from the 'book'.
Original post by James E Walker
The fact that you consider reverting to another religion begs the question, do you even have a shred of understanding of you own religion? Or maybe you are just Muslim by name and don't really believe in Islam? In any case the punishment for reverting is death under shariah law. My personal opinion is that you should be loved for who you are. Your boyfriend should accept your religion along with you. You come as a package. If he is christian or jewish you don't have to convert to be with them anyway as Islam allows relations with people from the 'book'.

Muslim women can only marry muslim men :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Muslim women aren't allowed to marry non-Muslims(including people of the book).
Original post by IdeasForLife
Muslim women aren't allowed to marry non-Muslims(including people of the book).

I beat you to it bro

Im on dat hype ting today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wa'alaykumasalaam peeps.
Original post by Incredible97
:dontknow:

Just gto say yo at times I guess

Original post by HAnwar
Oh yeah.

I was reading this article as well a couple of hours ago.

:yy:
Original post by Ankabout
Assalamu Alaikum!

I know I've been away for so long but I really like that this soc is still going strong. :smile:

How has the move away from the Debates section been like so far? Did it make a difference?

Anyway, has anyone seen this? It's amazing!
[h="3"]Tyrese Gibson and the Delusion of Sex Cars Money and Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJY2qPG7G0[/h]

Nice to see you Anka Baaji.
Original post by Khodu
Salam brothers and sisters, please make du'a for me :sigh:

I will do!
Muslim women can only marry muslim men :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case lets report her to ISIS.
I beat you to it bro

Im on dat hype ting today

Posted from TSR Mobile

:getmecoat:

I'll win next time :huff:
Sorry guys, I thought it worked both ways, thanks for clarifying.

Isn't that somewhat sexist?
AoA brothers and sisters.

Hope you are all well and are enjoying the lovely weather today iA :smile:

Just wanted to share something with you all that I found was quite remarkable SubhanAllah. So I believe sometime ago, I was watching a video on a different website interpreting Surat Al-Kahf (possibly Ustad Nouman Ali Khan doing so, can't exactly remember) and then when I visited the I-SOC the same day, I also saw a video posted about Surat Al-Kahf. I realise it's just a small thing but it didn't feel like it at the time.

Thought that was quite remarkable, mashAllah.

Thought it would be fitting if I were to post a video the recitation of the surah.

And Allah knows best.
Original post by Ankabout
Walaikum assalam,

Sure I will inshAllah. Busy with exam prep? :smile:

Thank you, I will make du'a for you all too and yes sis, busy busy. Audhu billah :tongue: xxx
Aoa
Brothers and sisters i wanted to ask the best tips on waking up for fajr prayer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Main reason being is that children generally tend to follow the religion of the father.
Just because a Muslim man can, it doesn't mean it's encouraged in Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Contacthaber
Aoa
Brothers and sisters i wanted to ask the best tips on waking up for fajr prayer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have the intention for it when you sleep. Make the dua Ya Allah help me to better worship you use an alarm, sleep earlier and once you wake up drive the sheytan away no i'm doing it after 5mins.

May Allah help us all with our prayers.
How does istikhara work ? I know the feeling becomes more apparent, however despite that can the person knowingly make the wrong choice ? As it's the individual who makes the choice not god ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aoa

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find sleeping on the floor helps.
In that case lets report her to ISIS.

Loool. Now, now, let's not be hasty :tongue:

No worries.

Islam has different rules and implications for the two genders. Men and women are equal in the spiritual sense so to say but Islam acknowledges they are not the same e.g. Men being physically superior to women. Some things go in favour of females too e.g. men have to give women mahr before marriage.
Original post by frank_drebin
AoA brothers and sisters.

Hope you are all well and are enjoying the lovely weather today iA :smile:

Just wanted to share something with you all that I found was quite remarkable SubhanAllah. So I believe sometime ago, I was watching a video on a different website interpreting Surat Al-Kahf (possibly Ustad Nouman Ali Khan doing so, can't exactly remember) and then when I visited the I-SOC the same day, I also saw a video posted about Surat Al-Kahf. I realise it's just a small thing but it didn't feel like it at the time.

Thought that was quite remarkable, mashAllah.

Thought it would be fitting if I were to post a video the recitation of the surah.

[video="youtube;1KKR_FrUuH8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKR_FrUuH8[/video]

And Allah knows best.

JazaakAllahu Khayran for sharing :h:

Aoa

Posted from TSR Mobile

I set a couple of alarms and place my phone far away from my bed. Therefore I have to get up and walk to shut the alarm off. If I sleep through the first alarm, then another goes off in 5 mins, and another after that and that. Eventually I have to get up to shut them off at some point for peace, once I'm out of bed, it's all cool :tongue:
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, brothers and sisters.

Latest

Trending

Trending