The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRAG
You actually use W=Fs (Work done in joules = Force x distance).
You do 4x10-16J/63mm to work out force. Do not fall into the trap of trying to derive an equation Q or r, as this only works if there is more than one charge.
Also the charge moves, and you are provided with distance and work done (which = kinetic energy)

Hope this helps:smile:

Just made the 1000th post!
Reply 1001
Original post by TheRAG
Will post a multiple choice mark scheme today and one for part B (whenever I can get a pdf/other online copy) (mine is paper only)

Oh brilliant! I've got my "corrected" paper but it's only a paper copy and lacks a mark scheme :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1002
Original post by l1lvink
As usual CD223, I can't even give you enough reps for this resource.

This question comes from Q2aii of the June 2014 paper in which you have to use the equation Ep=QE delta d. This equation is obviously not on the equation sheet (I didn't actually know this equation). Do either of you have a list of all the equations that we need to know that aren't on the equation sheet?
Or do you have any tips on deriving these equations from equations that we are given?

No worries! Glad it's getting some use!

If you have a look at the end of each chapter of each of my revision guides, I've made a list of the equations relating to those topics. That should answer your question. Also, the specification lists whether the equations given are necessary to be derived.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1003
Original post by Kennethm
If thats the case, are you willing to post it here once you have it? :smile:)))))

Yeah sure! Hope to have that soon. If I can't post it on here, I'll be happy to PM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1004
Original post by TheRAG
Just made the 1000th post!

Ah! Brilliant haha. Scary though! Means enough people are also whipped up in as much of a frenzy as I am about how close it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got any ideas on how to prepare for the 6 mark questions? I never seem to get my points across clearly enough and it loses me marks. I'm not sure how I can prepare for them because there are so many possibilities for questions but there are only a few past papers! (this is applies to unit 4 and 5)

What do you guys do to prepare for the dreaded 6 mark questions?
Reply 1006
Original post by _Caz_
Has anyone got any ideas on how to prepare for the 6 mark questions? I never seem to get my points across clearly enough and it loses me marks. I'm not sure how I can prepare for them because there are so many possibilities for questions but there are only a few past papers! (this is applies to unit 4 and 5)

What do you guys do to prepare for the dreaded 6 mark questions?

I'm gonna make revision cards for every past paper 6 marker so I can remember the points that come up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm gonna make revision cards for every past paper 6 marker so I can remember the points that come up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems like a good idea - thanks :smile: I'll probably try that.

Do you ever find that some of the points made on the mark scheme for the six markers are a little bit... irrelevant? Some of them seem a little bit mad and unrelated to me. Oh well I can't moan because I've still got to sit the exam so I'll just have to learn it :L
Reply 1008
Original post by _Caz_
That seems like a good idea - thanks :smile: I'll probably try that.

Do you ever find that some of the points made on the mark scheme for the six markers are a little bit... irrelevant? Some of them seem a little bit mad and unrelated to me. Oh well I can't moan because I've still got to sit the exam so I'll just have to learn it :L

No worries! Happy to help.

Yeah, i find that too. Seems as though that logic stretches to all my subjects sometimes. I think maths is probably the only "relevant" mark scheme subject lol!
QUOTE=CD223;55118009]Oh brilliant! I've got my "corrected" paper but it's only a paper copy and lacks a mark scheme :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here it is: AQA-PHYA4-W-MS-Jun14.pdf
Reply 1010
Original post by TheRAG
QUOTE=CD223;55118009]Oh brilliant! I've got my "corrected" paper but it's only a paper copy and lacks a mark scheme :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here it is: AQA-PHYA4-W-MS-Jun14.pdf

Thank you! When I get the digital copy I'll post the question paper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got mine, I'll post it now!
AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-Jun14.pdf
AQA-PHYA4-1-QP-JUN12.pdf

Have fun :wink:
Reply 1012
Original post by TheRAG

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-Jun14.pdf
AQA-PHYA4-1-QP-JUN12.pdf

Oh wow brilliant thank you! :smile: I've got the 2014 phya5 paper as a mock in the next two weeks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Oh wow brilliant thank you! :smile: I've got the 2014 phya5 paper as a mock in the next two weeks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did 2014 for our mock and it isn't a bad paper really? Can't compare it to others because I haven't managed to do any yet but it didn't feel particularly hard.
Reply 1014
Original post by CD223
AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-Jun14.pdf
AQA-PHYA4-1-QP-JUN12.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dw the grade boundaries are really low!
Honestly my plan for the real one is to do try to do really well in my option unit medical since its like 18/40 to get an a so that way i can bag a few extra marks! I'm finiding thermal and nuclear quite hard i mean the content is alright but the questions a pretty hard! But i guess after the few past papers that there are i should be better! Thanks for your notes they're amazing 😊
Reply 1015
Original post by Lau14
We did 2014 for our mock and it isn't a bad paper really? Can't compare it to others because I haven't managed to do any yet but it didn't feel particularly hard.

Oh right! Sounds promising! Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1016
Original post by Mai.H

Dw the grade boundaries are really low!
Honestly my plan for the real one is to do try to do really well in my option unit medical since its like 18/40 to get an a so that way i can bag a few extra marks! I'm finiding thermal and nuclear quite hard i mean the content is alright but the questions a pretty hard! But i guess after the few past papers that there are i should be better! Thanks for your notes they're amazing 😊

Yeah it's all practise I think!

No worries! Did them for PHYA4 and PHYA5, but obviously they're separated on both threads :smile:

Glad people are liking them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD223
AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-Jun14.pdf
AQA-PHYA4-1-QP-JUN12.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can upload it today if you want (and the mark scheme):smile:
Reply 1018
Original post by TheRAG

I can upload it today if you want (and the mark scheme):smile:

By all means upload it for others' benefit, thank you for the offer :smile: but I won't look at it until after my mock so I have an idea of where I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome of you guys to post this, anyone have the link to the multiple Choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending