The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

_Guys,

I'm going to take postgrad course at BCU Parkside this year ( Design Management ) , and i want to bring my family ( wife and son ) .

is BCU offered accommodation for postgrad student with family ? or I have to find through private agent ?

thanks,
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by eliiseey
You can apply for private halls no problem at all.
Which campus are you going to be at?
Student finance wont take long once you've filled out forms.
If you want a flat at Jennens court, i'm selling one because i've got two contracts for two different flats like a plonker.
There are also loads of other halls in the city centre so if you need to ask about any let me know and i'll try my best to answer them. :-) xxx

Oh thanks. I'm looking for accommodation in Edgbaston, do you know any good places there?
Original post by lavender_rose
Oh thanks. I'm looking for accommodation in Edgbaston, do you know any good places there?

I don't I'm afraid. All I can say is, the uni accommodation would probably be the better place to go to for your first year- because if there are any problems they are really good at sorting it all out.
However I would advise travelling over and looking at the accommodation as I don't really know what it's like there. When I popped over to city south it's a cute area. :-)
Good luck though. :-) xx
I don't I'm afraid. All I can say is, the uni accommodation would probably be the better place to go to for your first year- because if there are any problems they are really good at sorting it all out.
However I would advise travelling over and looking at the accommodation as I don't really know what it's like there. When I popped over to city south it's a cute area. :-)
Good luck though. :-) xx

Thank you very much. The reason i'm not really looking at City south is that i'm not guaranteed accommodation there. What kind of month do I need to start looking seriously and have applied for accommodation by to start in September 2015?
Guys,

just got an acceptance letter from BCU to study in Master's this September.

Would like to ask, is there any ( private ? ) accommodation in Birmingham which can offer weekly basis ?
we need to find a place temporarily to stay while we search for permanent unit/flat.

thanks,
Thank you very much. The reason i'm not really looking at City south is that i'm not guaranteed accommodation there. What kind of month do I need to start looking seriously and have applied for accommodation by to start in September 2015?

Well, last year I didn't apply for my accommodation until the end of June last year but other people don't apply till a bit later. So you should be okay, however I'd advise for you to apply sooner rather than later. :-)
Well, last year I didn't apply for my accommodation until the end of June last year but other people don't apply till a bit later. So you should be okay, however I'd advise for you to apply sooner rather than later. :-)

Great thanks, I guess I will be going with private accommodation, and I didn't want them scaring me into it by making me think most of the rooms were already gone. I am looking at a studio with multiple flats the rent is £125 a week. Since there are flats; if people were to drop out of the accommodation would it be the responsibility of the other residents to pay their rent too like it would be for a shared house?
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that if you need any more information on accommodation, you can (hopefully) find it on our website. One of our current Students Hannah has written a blog post on living in student accommodation which may be of help- especially if you're thinking about applying for The Coppice.

Also this week, our #BCUstudents will be talking all about accommodation, so if you have any questions or would like any advice- do ask them! :smile:
You can apply for private halls no problem at all.
Which campus are you going to be at?
Student finance wont take long once you've filled out forms.
If you want a flat at Jennens court, i'm selling one because i've got two contracts for two different flats like a plonker.
There are also loads of other halls in the city centre so if you need to ask about any let me know and i'll try my best to answer them. :-) xxx

At City south, oh that good I sent it off on the 31st of March and I sent off my bursary on 18th of April. It's been 20 days so I'm guessing they aren't going to give me a place at halls. Unfortunately, I want to stay in City south so I'm looking for somewhere in Edgbaston. Do you now anything about private accommodation?
Hi Nabila,
I have double bedroom in Aston which is near to BCU campuses. If you are interested reply me please . Room's rent is 300 incl. bills
Great thanks, I guess I will be going with private accommodation, and I didn't want them scaring me into it by making me think most of the rooms were already gone. I am looking at a studio with multiple flats the rent is £125 a week. Since there are flats; if people were to drop out of the accommodation would it be the responsibility of the other residents to pay their rent too like it would be for a shared house?

When I was with BCU accommodation it was up to me to pay my rent and it was up to everyone else to pay theirs
That's the same with most private accommodation but you'll definitely need to check with who ever you decide to go with. :-) x
Sorry I haven't replied, didn't get any emails to say anyone had replied. x
At City south, oh that good I sent it off on the 31st of March and I sent off my bursary on 18th of April. It's been 20 days so I'm guessing they aren't going to give me a place at halls. Unfortunately, I want to stay in City south so I'm looking for somewhere in Edgbaston. Do you now anything about private accommodation?

Noo, I don't, but i'll send a message out to my friends to see where their friends in City South are if you want? . :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending