The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
I'm actually kinda scared of height but I have the tendency to be stubborn about "challenge" XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always good to step out of your comfort zone :smile:
Original post by C0balt
Hahaha I didn't have coursework for history XD I had alternative to coursework paper, which I bombed and made up for it with other two papers, ended with A*. This is pretty much the story of GCSE essay subjects :lol: I was quite..."efficient" and "strategic" you know :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only got one A* out of my 3 essay subjects... The rest were As :lol:
The sciences were my saviour :love:
I was completely surprised when I got an A* in Physics. My Physics classes consisted of gossip and general subversion :lol: Our teacher couldn't even control the naughty kids haha
Don't slag teachers- we need high calibre teachers desperately. I have enormous respect for everyone in the teaching profession.
Original post by WithoutMuchHope
Don't slag teachers- we need high calibre teachers desperately. I have enormous respect for everyone in the teaching profession.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do too but when some teachers are mean to you,it hard for me to say that for all.I'm speaking with experience,my GCSE science teacher was horrible to me and my history teacher hated me.Apart from that,all other teachers have been nice to me.
Original post by WithoutMuchHope

We aren't slagging ?
I do have a massive respect for teachers. I wouldn't be here without them, and I wouldn't be able to handle what they have to deal with everyday. But having respect doesn't mean one must stay quiet about everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had teachers that look at me like I've just said I want to be a pop star or a footballer when I grow up when I say I want to apply to Cambridge.
Original post by antisansculotte
I've had teachers that look at me like I've just said I want to be a pop star or a footballer when I grow up when I say I want to apply to Cambridge.

Hahahah get in and see their reaction! :awesome:
I haven't told my teachers directly but my career advisor knows and he probably told many teachers lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only two of my six subject teachers know (my favourite ones too- Maths and Chemistry :smile:) but I'm sure my Oxbridge tutor has told everyone else. The thing is, I'm pretty much the only person in the Oxbridge group applying to Bio NatSci/Biochem, so I think they kinda like my uniqueness.
Original post by C0balt
Hahahah get in and see their reaction! :awesome:
I haven't told my teachers directly but my career advisor knows and he probably told many teachers lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

None of my teachers know haha. My maths teacher is a recent cambridge comp sci graduate so I guess I should probably talk to him (but then again he makes so many mistakes its hard to believe he got into Cambridge at times).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
None of my teachers know haha. My maths teacher is a recent cambridge comp sci graduate so I guess I should probably talk to him (but then again he makes so many mistakes its hard to believe he got into Cambridge at times).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe he used up all his energy for his degree and he's still tired :tongue:

My chemistry teacher made a comment related to Oxbridge suggesting he knows, and I think my physics teacher knows because I made a comment about UMS to him after mock
But then apparently another chemistry teacher talked to another Oxbridge applicant about how he saw his name on Oxbridge list so I think everyone knows...:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had that at my old school! Wish I could go back and be like ha in your face

Another told me I'd get 0 A*s
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Write a super formal email to them with a pinch of sarcasm :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm fully prepared to be rejected from the Sutton Trust Summer School since I was rejected from the UNIQ one. :s-smilie:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

My ex-principal laughed in my face when I told him I'm thinking of Cambridge.

My English teacher didn't even expect me to pass my English Language exam because of a bad mock. I ended up being the only person with an A* in English :colone:
Posted from TSR Mobile

The atmosphere in this thread is depressing now.So shocked some teachers didnt have faith in smart people like you.
Original post by enaayrah
My ex-principal laughed in my face when I told him I'm thinking of Cambridge.

My English teacher didn't even expect me to pass my English Language exam because of a bad mock. I ended up being the only person with an A* in English :colone:

When I went to visit my old school recently all my exteachers asked my uni plan, I only said my course I'd be applying to elsewhere so I avoided any Cambridge reaction, positive or negative :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
When I went to visit my old school recently all my exteachers asked my uni plan, I only said my course I'd be applying to elsewhere so I avoided any Cambridge reaction, positive or negative :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He asked what uni I'm thinking of so I had to reply honestly. I wanted to retort with something back but I was rushed away.
Funnily enough, he didn't even know who I was until results day.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

The atmosphere in this thread is depressing now.So shocked some teachers didnt have faith in smart people like you.

I got told to drop further maths at the start of yr 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok.Einstein Greek teacher told him he'll amount to nothing.
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

And now you have an offer for Maths from the best institution for Maths in the country :rofl: does he/she know?

Latest

Trending

Trending