The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Bristol accommodation costs are online at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/fees/
also see unistats to compare accommodation costs with other vet schools.
Does anyone know whether surrey has been giving out AAA or AAB offers this year? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greencat55
Does anyone know whether surrey has been giving out AAA or AAB offers this year? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an AAA offer, but I've heard that they give out AAB offers sometimes as well :smile:
Original post by Alex15
Does anyone know when people on the Surrey waiting list should hear by? Asking for a friend as I didn't apply there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can anyone help please??😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
any graduates choosing other unis over the RVC accelerated course?
Just wondering, if you guys had no offers is year (like me whoops), what grades would you think are necessary to reapply? Say you now have your A-levels, on a gap year and lots of work experience? What grades would be the minimum? I know it's mostly AAA, except for Surrey and Nottingham which can be AAB.
Reply 7026
Original post by Niamhmca
Just wondering, if you guys had no offers is year (like me whoops), what grades would you think are necessary to reapply? Say you now have your A-levels, on a gap year and lots of work experience? What grades would be the minimum? I know it's mostly AAA, except for Surrey and Nottingham which can be AAB.

I had ABB this year and I am resiting to get A's this summer. I have managed to get 4 interviews and an offer plus on Surrey's waiting list this year so these grades are alright if this helps?? Normally if you resit even Surrey and Nottingham expect AAA for the second attempt

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
To Alex15. Surrey stated in an email they sent out that everyone on the waiting list would hear by May 7th. Hope this helps and good luck to your friend.

I got A*A*A and I got 4 interviews and one offer :smile: I'd say aim for 3 As but if you miss a grade you can resit and reapply to the unis that allow you to apply with resits

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aim for at least 3 A's, it won't be the end of the world if you don't get them but you'll have an easier gap year without resits, I got 3 As then this year I got 4 interviews and 2 offers, good luck!

I got A*AB and am on a gap year retaking my B to get an A but I got 3 interviews resulting in two unconditional offers and a conditional one so they can be lenient. I am still retaking though so I would definitely aim for at least 3 A's to maximise your chances. Good luck!
Original post by Trish03
To Alex15. Surrey stated in an email they sent out that everyone on the waiting list would hear by May 7th. Hope this helps and good luck to your friend.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahHamish
I got A*AB and am on a gap year retaking my B to get an A but I got 3 interviews resulting in two unconditional offers and a conditional one so they can be lenient. I am still retaking though so I would definitely aim for at least 3 A's to maximise your chances. Good luck!

Wow, thats so good, well done! What subject did you do? I do biology, chemistry and english lit.
Wow, thats so good, well done! What subject did you do? I do biology, chemistry and english lit.

Thank you so much!nmy A* was in sociology! the A was chemistry and the B was biology. I really wasn't expecting to get an A*, think it was a bit of a fluke. I did English lit/lang at AS level but dropped it because I didn't like it very much and that was my lowest AS grade. Have you got offers for vet med? :smile:

Sorry i forgot, I meant did you get any interviews?
Sorry i forgot, I meant did you get any interviews?

No, see I only applied for vet med in nottingham and surrey because I was ill at AS and didn't do as well as I had hoped and I knew that I wouldn't get offers so I applied for two biovet courses and animal science (got offers for them) because I didn't want to apply for 4 vet med courses and be left with no offers altogether! Maybe you said this in your last post, but where are your offers for?
No, see I only applied for vet med in nottingham and surrey because I was ill at AS and didn't do as well as I had hoped and I knew that I wouldn't get offers so I applied for two biovet courses and animal science (got offers for them) because I didn't want to apply for 4 vet med courses and be left with no offers altogether! Maybe you said this in your last post, but where are your offers for?

Ah okay, your plan is really smart so you're in a good position, I'm really sorry to hear that you were ill. Do you plan to do bio vet or animal science with the hope of going into veterinary later on? My offers were from Nottingham (I got 2) and Surrey, I was rejected from RVC :smile:
Ah okay, your plan is really smart so you're in a good position, I'm really sorry to hear that you were ill. Do you plan to do bio vet or animal science with the hope of going into veterinary later on? My offers were from Nottingham (I got 2) and Surrey, I was rejected from RVC :smile:

If I don't get the grades I want the I'll do animal science, if I think they're good enough for veterinary I'll take a gap year like you :smile: ohh did you get an offer for a second veterinary course in nottingham like foundation year? Animal science is in nottingham so I might see you there :P
Reply 7038
Hey just wanna ask, what's a written acknowledgement of acceptance? Anyone can show me an example of possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ann_he
Hey just wanna ask, what's a written acknowledgement of acceptance? Anyone can show me an example of possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the email the university sent when they gave you an offer, as far as I understand it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending