The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
I got told to drop further maths at the start of yr 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is the teaching at your school by the way? I know a few people who went there to play basketball who was concerned about the academic side of things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah
And now you have an offer for Maths from the best institution for Maths in the country :rofl: does he/she know?

Lol the person who came second in my school had like 20 ums lower then me. She's cool though. Yh now he says 'you needed a push'. True in sense cause I wanted to prove him wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
How is the teaching at your school by the way? I know a few people who went there to play basketball who was concerned about the academic side of things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The maths department is decent.the sciences are horrendously bad. Very good for humanities though like geog and history. It was good school for GCSE like top 90 state schools and then drops for AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
The maths department is decent.the sciences are horrendously bad. Very good for humanities though like geog and history. It was good school for GCSE like top 90 state schools and then drops for AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too bad then especially considering how good your school is for basketball

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holiday's over, have to go back to college tomorrow for a term filled with exams :frown:
Not too bad then especially considering how good your school is for basketball

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh it's decent. Wish I went to a school better for science though, my fault for not applying anywhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holiday's over, have to go back to college tomorrow for a term filled with exams :frown:

I've got another week :biggrin:
But it started a week later :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been back for a whole week already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
I've got another week :biggrin:
But it started a week later :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I shall be posting on this thread during lessons to keep you company :h:

I've been back for a whole week already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's better though! You have more lesson time before the exams :tongue:

Exams :frown: panicking already haha
I shall be posting on this thread during lessons to keep you company :h:

That's better though! You have more lesson time before the exams :tongue:

Exams :frown: panicking already haha

Don't get your phone confiscated though! That will be counterproductive haha

I'm so bored out of my skull, I miss school lol

Exams... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Don't get your phone confiscated though! That will be counterproductive haha

I'm so bored out of my skull, I miss school lol

Exams... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the sneakiest member of my classes :lol:

One of my teachers wrote in my yearbook last year that I have a trustworthy face which means I can get away with anything. Using that to an advantage :wink: (not seriously though :tongue:)

One of my teachers wrote in my yearbook last year that I have a trustworthy face which means I can get away with anything. Using that to an advantage :wink: (not seriously though :tongue:)

HAHAHA
You cannot judge people from their appearance they said...:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
HAHAHA
You cannot judge people from their appearance they said...:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he thought I was an awful person or something because I disagreed with some of the Maths Department's teaching methods (he was a maths teacher, not my main one but someone I knew well) :lol:

Haha most of my teachers couldn't care less if we're using our phones. In fact my maths teacher (the comp sci one) even asked us to show him how to do stuff on android when he moved from an iPhone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha most of my teachers couldn't care less if we're using our phones. In fact my maths teacher (the comp sci one) even asked us to show him how to do stuff on android when he moved from an iPhone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge CompSci strikes again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

People get stern looks when they're on their phones in my college :lol:
These looks can be some of the most deadliest things :eek:

It makes sense with CompSci though lol
Original post by C0balt
Cambridge CompSci strikes again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah he might make lots of mistakes but he's a really nice guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meanwhile our deputy head tried to ban phones with cameras or the internet haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just remembered TSR is blocked on school network and my 3G sucks in school area.

I was planning to revise at school during study leave...:colonhash:

Oh well I guess I can concentrate more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

The atmosphere in this thread is depressing now.So shocked some teachers didnt have faith in smart people like you.

If it makes you feel better, my school is unbelievably supportive of everyone's dreams and ambition.