The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

This is all too hard. I want somebody I can talk to face to face with irl but I have literally nobody to reach out to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
This is all too hard. I want somebody I can talk to face to face with irl but I have literally nobody to reach out to

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is me rn :redface: I wish I had an irl presence - I feel like everyone's abandoned me right now. :hugs: I hate that isolating feeling

Posted from TSR Mobile
anxiety is back with a vengeance everything is putting me on edge :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
think he's going to come and get me so i stayed up all night to watch the door to make sure he didn't get in? i just want to go to sleep. :frown:
I'm done, that's it, I'm so tired and feel like utter horrible crap, I'm so sick of everything. I had a breakdown at school this morning and I was sent home, I can't cope anymore.
I need some advice as I am confused :frown:
My panic attacks and overall stress levels have been through the roof lately as my papa has been ill and I'm generally just a very highly strung person as you all know.

A big thing that seems to stress me out and has me up all night with worry is my driving lessons. I love driving and get on great with my instructor but lately as I said my panic attacks have been getting worse and they are the really strong, almost debilitating ones if you know what I mean and I am terrified of taking one like that behind the wheel. My lessons are on a Thursday and today is only Monday and I am already stressing and ill with anxiety over my lesson, especially as I missed 2 lessons in the last fortnight as my papa was ill. It seems to be all I can think about and its making me feel so ill and stressed.

I want to take time out of my lessons for a bit, maybe a month or so to try and get my panic attacks under control but I am scared if I do that, I will never go back to lessons but I also don't want to be living in constant stress and dreading every lesson. I'm going to talk to my counsellor tomorrow and see what she recommends but I'm just so confused and feel like a failure because I can't win whether I cancel my lessons for a bit or keep going :/
Had a difficult start to today but it got a little better...
[spoiler is me having a rant...]

Spoiler

And I STILL don't know what to do about this college thing... :cry:
Ward round tomorrow :eek:
They're taking me off the sertraline, have to start again. :frown:
Does anyone else talk sertraline? How do you find it? I've been on it for around 10 weeks now. At first I felt so much worse and thought about hurting myself but I definitely felt better especially the last two weeks. But now I'm feeling worse again. Not through the day but particularly at night time. I've just started going to CBT aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CescaD96
They're taking me off the sertraline, have to start again. :frown:

What are they putting you on instead?

Original post by littlesocksx
Does anyone else talk sertraline? How do you find it? I've been on it for around 10 weeks now. At first I felt so much worse and thought about hurting myself but I definitely felt better especially the last two weeks. But now I'm feeling worse again. Not through the day but particularly at night time. I've just started going to CBT aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

CBT drags up all kinds of emotions and memories, so it could just be that. That said, if you're worried about it, maybe speak with your doc?

I've been on and off Sertraline for 3.5 years (had a 5-6 months period of taking Venlafaxine at some point) :yes:
Original post by littlesocksx

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're taking me off sertraline now and I've only been on for 3 weeks. I'm in a horrible place, I just can't cope. I hope the CBT helps you but if you're worried, talk to your doctor. :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
What are they putting you on instead?

I don't know. I'll know by Thursday. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CescaD96
I don't know. I'll know by Thursday. :frown:

Big hugs :jumphug:
Reply 5274
Original post by ScaryScience
Glad to hear that - totally feel you on the uni work thing. Yeah, you know, surviving. On and off Skype most days if you ever feel like a chat.

Yep, life goes on whether you want it to or not! Aye, I'm also round and about on skype. Don't be afraid to poke if you need a chat :smile: (you know me, I'm quiet like 90% of the time and then I don't stop talking!

Original post by StarlightSmiles
^ That was me.

I'm always around at weird and wonderful times of night if you need a chat! Should try some of those antihistamines (off the shelf) tbh; they are decent if it's just mild insomnia. Year's over soon though!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs :jumphug:

Thank you. :smile:

Spoiler

:jumphug:
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Not in the slightest :nah:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Ward round tomorrow :eek:

Good luck :hugs:

Original post by Spock's Socks
I need some advice as I am confused :frown:
My panic attacks and overall stress levels have been through the roof lately as my papa has been ill and I'm generally just a very highly strung person as you all know.

A big thing that seems to stress me out and has me up all night with worry is my driving lessons. I love driving and get on great with my instructor but lately as I said my panic attacks have been getting worse and they are the really strong, almost debilitating ones if you know what I mean and I am terrified of taking one like that behind the wheel. My lessons are on a Thursday and today is only Monday and I am already stressing and ill with anxiety over my lesson, especially as I missed 2 lessons in the last fortnight as my papa was ill. It seems to be all I can think about and its making me feel so ill and stressed.

I want to take time out of my lessons for a bit, maybe a month or so to try and get my panic attacks under control but I am scared if I do that, I will never go back to lessons but I also don't want to be living in constant stress and dreading every lesson. I'm going to talk to my counsellor tomorrow and see what she recommends but I'm just so confused and feel like a failure because I can't win whether I cancel my lessons for a bit or keep going :/

I think you should take the time out. You're not a failure in the slightest - it sounds like things at home are very stressful and when you have a pre-existing condition, that can become exacerbated by the extra stress :sadnod:
I was doing so well despite multiple deadlines hence not posting for a while and now I feel pants.

Latest