The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
For our proof of ID, do we have to upload an actual scan of the document into the computer or can it just be a very clear photograph of it? I have no way of scanning... :frown:
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by Ellie~
For our proof of ID, do we have to upload an actual scan of the document into the computer or can it just be a very clear photograph of it? I have no way of scanning... :frown:

a photo might be okay but I think it's worth ringing/emailing the admissions team and asking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie~

For our proof of ID you need to send the actual document if it is not a passport. It gets returned very quick so there is nothing to worry about.
If it is a Licence/provisional/passport I think you can just provide your NI number and a copy of it.

I had to do it last year, just don't try to cut any corners. Send everything because sometimes it will have an effect on finances. My student loan was 2 weeks late I sent a photocopied birth certificate and had to wait for it to be returned before sending off the real one.

But scanning wise you should be able to go to most libraries and scan it. Or go to a shop that prints photographs and ask if they have a copier you can use.

I am a student here at the moment so if anyone has any questions about anything. Don't hesitate to ask!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by minastauriel
I have an offer for illustration but Im currently very torn between applying to Falmouth or AUB.

2 seconds ago I firmed my Falmouth offer (for Illustration)
Original post by minastauriel
2 seconds ago I firmed my Falmouth offer (for Illustration)

Congratulations! :biggrin: It's nice to see someone else from the north heading down to Falmouth~
Foundation Diploma anyone?
Original post by Ellie~

Is this for the student card at falmouth or the student finance?

For the student card I used my passport as proof of ID - I just took a photo of it for them. My internet cut out when I clicked send for my id and photo so I had to email them to see if it went through - they said it did and never said that a photo of my passport was incorrect so that should be okay.

If its student finance, send the real deal.
Original post by Novascope
I think the lead up to going to uni is so slow! But once you get here it'll be gone before your eyes. I've got just over a month left of first year already.

Make sure you plan your moving in day properly as I know people who had a distaster with it. Get to know the area well before you move. Be as social as you can, it helps to join the freshers page. Get talking to as many freshers as you can, I did it and it helped me so much when I finally moved as I knew so many people. Please keep a budget! You'll be so grateful for it. Over spending your student loan will be the biggest regret you have. Join socities, and don't underestimate the workload! Those are what I can think of off the top of my head, if there's anything else you want to know feel free to ask :smile:

ps, I may be a little biased, but you really want to go for the sidings accommodation. MUCH better than glasney. Only built 2 years ago so very modern. All of my glasney friends always say they wish they lived there when they come over ������

I'm doing fine art starting in september and applied for sidings as my first choice! I applied on the day accommodation opened do you know what my chances are of getting it?
I really love it and would be sad if i dont live there!!
Original post by tildabean
I'm doing fine art starting in september and applied for sidings as my first choice! I applied on the day accommodation opened do you know what my chances are of getting it?
I really love it and would be sad if i dont live there!!

Awesome! Glad you picked Falmouth :wink:
And you should most definitely get it! I applied a week late and still got it so you should too. Did you apply for a standard room?

P.S, if you don't get it (which I doubt will happen) there are always chances throughout the year to move as people drop out, ask for room changes etc.
Original post by charlottei
Congratulations! :biggrin: It's nice to see someone else from the north heading down to Falmouth~

Well I was born in the south - not so far south as Falmouth mind- so I'm not quite a true northerner! But yeah, it'll be quite the journey when I want to pop back home for the holidays...
Awesome! Glad you picked Falmouth :wink:
And you should most definitely get it! I applied a week late and still got it so you should too. Did you apply for a standard room?

P.S, if you don't get it (which I doubt will happen) there are always chances throughout the year to move as people drop out, ask for room changes etc.

I hope so!!! I've heard its a little more chilled than glasney? I'll be 21 when I go so chilled is so much better for me! Ahhh cool okay, I'm hoping so much! It said about a month before we know so I've just got to wait.
Also, I have a stupid amount of clothes, is there enough room for a clothes rail do you think?
And yeah I think I did, i didnt specify for a larger room, but i'm now wishing i did lol
(edited 9 years ago)
I hope so!!! I've heard its a little more chilled than glasney? I'll be 21 when I go so chilled is so much better for me! Ahhh cool okay, I'm hoping so much! It said about a month before we know so I've just got to wait.
Also, I have a stupid amount of clothes, is there enough room for a clothes rail do you think?
And yeah I think I did, i didnt specify for a larger room, but i'm now wishing i did lol

Tbh it's roughly the same. The only thing that makes it a little more chilled is the fact you don't always have people walking about like you do with glasney. We still have fun here, if not more! :wink: A few of my neighbours and one of my housemates are 21 and they all like it here too.

Tbh the standard room is a decent size, that's what I have. I haven't seen a large room but a mate of mine has a medium one and I thought it was actually too big aha. If you want to bring an extra clothes rail there's room for that as I've seen rooms with them in it. There was enough room for all of my clothes when I move in, but it's also natural to buy more once you're here so to be safe you should. My wardrobe and drawers can just about fit everything in haha.
Original post by Failinis
I got an email to submit a photo for my student card and a proof of identity (passport scan) just now - seems quite soon.

I havent had this!!! Should i be worried?!
Tbh it's roughly the same. The only thing that makes it a little more chilled is the fact you don't always have people walking about like you do with glasney. We still have fun here, if not more! :wink: A few of my neighbours and one of my housemates are 21 and they all like it here too.

Tbh the standard room is a decent size, that's what I have. I haven't seen a large room but a mate of mine has a medium one and I thought it was actually too big aha. If you want to bring an extra clothes rail there's room for that as I've seen rooms with them in it. There was enough room for all of my clothes when I move in, but it's also natural to buy more once you're here so to be safe you should. My wardrobe and drawers can just about fit everything in haha.

Yeah i definitely think it looks more fun!! I've been like stalking the fb page just looking at it all! ahh thats good then hopefully i wont be the eldest! Lollll how is that possible for a room too big!! Standard rooms look great though so I'm really looking forward to it. okay thats good to hear! yeah i'll definitely need one, but im going to do some serious cutting down before i come. i'm literally counting down the days i cant wait!!
Yeah i definitely think it looks more fun!! I've been like stalking the fb page just looking at it all! ahh thats good then hopefully i wont be the eldest! Lollll how is that possible for a room too big!! Standard rooms look great though so I'm really looking forward to it. okay thats good to hear! yeah i'll definitely need one, but im going to do some serious cutting down before i come. i'm literally counting down the days i cant wait!!

Haha yeah I did that a lot too. Honestly it's crazy how quickly your time will fly by here! Got an email from the office the other day talking about our leaving party, and all that went through my head was, we just moved in yesterday! :frown: Living in halls is so much fun, I wish I could stay again, but I've already got a lovely house for second year which I can't wait to move into :redface:

You'll love it here so much. Also just a heads up, this may sound naughty but I honestly wish someone could've told me this earlier... When you move in and they give you your maintenance form to fill out, try to make it out that there are problems with the decoration of your room already as throughout the year you'll mark your walls, it may accidentally chip etc. So if you've already said they're dirty or whatever your chances of getting your deposit back will be a lot higher. I stuck things up on my wall and they've left marks, I've had people spill things up my wall and I've chipped it as well and the office team said it may affect my deposit. So when you move in make sure you do a thorough check of your room. Even if you spot something that you think isn't a big deal, write it down. Trust me you'll be happy you did.
Reply 135
Original post by Failinis
Is this for the student card at falmouth or the student finance?

For the student card I used my passport as proof of ID - I just took a photo of it for them. My internet cut out when I clicked send for my id and photo so I had to email them to see if it went through - they said it did and never said that a photo of my passport was incorrect so that should be okay.

If its student finance, send the real deal.

Yeah, I meant for the student card :smile: Ah okay, I'll do that then :biggrin:
Has anyone else had issues with uploading the photo/proof of ID for the student card?
It keeps coming up with an error page when I try to start uploading them :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yeah I did that a lot too. Honestly it's crazy how quickly your time will fly by here! Got an email from the office the other day talking about our leaving party, and all that went through my head was, we just moved in yesterday! :frown: Living in halls is so much fun, I wish I could stay again, but I've already got a lovely house for second year which I can't wait to move into :redface:

You'll love it here so much. Also just a heads up, this may sound naughty but I honestly wish someone could've told me this earlier... When you move in and they give you your maintenance form to fill out, try to make it out that there are problems with the decoration of your room already as throughout the year you'll mark your walls, it may accidentally chip etc. So if you've already said they're dirty or whatever your chances of getting your deposit back will be a lot higher. I stuck things up on my wall and they've left marks, I've had people spill things up my wall and I've chipped it as well and the office team said it may affect my deposit. So when you move in make sure you do a thorough check of your room. Even if you spot something that you think isn't a big deal, write it down. Trust me you'll be happy you did.

Ahh thats so good!! Yeah im sure it will but at the moment it seems like ages away! are you living in penryn or falmouth next year? i cant wait! Amazing thank you so much!!! Thats really good advice! yeah cos i'll definitely want to put some stuff up using blue tack so i'll be sure to mention that! i bet theres loads of marks there anyway. you get a pin board is that right? shall i bring pins lol? p.s thanks so much for all this advice its really good to know!
Original post by Pocamora
Has anyone else had issues with uploading the photo/proof of ID for the student card?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I haven't had an email or anything about sending in a picture for my student card, do you think its worth me ringing up?
Hey, I haven't had an email or anything about sending in a picture for my student card, do you think its worth me ringing up?

Original post by Pocamora

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think there is a hurry about the student cards, but if you don't hear from them in a few days no harm in emailing/calling.

Poca - yeah I got an error page and then my internet cut out but I emailed them to see if it went through, it did.

I just got my student finance letter, trying to work out now how much rent I need to pay and stuff like that from what I have gotten. I also need to change bank so thats a nightmare.

Quick Reply

Latest