The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Hi hukdealz

i dont think your predicted AAA is strong enough to take the gambling. maybe when the results is out, you can make a better decision.
Is anyone going to the offer holders day on Wednesday?
Original post by hannaahmarie
Is anyone going to the offer holders day on Wednesday?

I'm still waiting to be invited to one :frown:
Hi,

There has been a separate thread created for everyone on the waiting list. If everyone votes and comments we can get a more accurate picture on the competition and the likelihood of getting an offer.

This is the link...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3197173

Thank you all
Does anybody know If all interviews have finished?
I'm trying to decide whether I should firm St George's or not as I have offers from Keele and Liverpool as well. For those who have firmed/have SGUL as their first choice, why? Do any students have any feedback about their experiences there?
Original post by Athena97
I'm trying to decide whether I should firm St George's or not as I have offers from Keele and Liverpool as well. For those who have firmed/have SGUL as their first choice, why? Do any students have any feedback about their experiences there?

I would advise against firming St.George's when you have a offer from Keele. The majority of people attending Keele love it there, and everyone agrees that the course is amazing. St.George's is too risky to firm as it has a relatively low student satisfaction. If you firm St.George's you could likely end up hating it. I would say Keele is a much better choice because of the great course, the high student satisfaction, and the beautiful area. St.George's surrounding area is unanimously agreed to be sh*t, which is probably why the student satisfaction is so low. In addition everyone knows that being in London as a student is financially painful.

A lot people only firm St.George's because it's the only option they have.

At the end of the day, it's up to you, but be very careful with St.George's.
Original post by ProllyAsTrolly
I would advise against firming St.George's when you have a offer from Keele. The majority of people attending Keele love it there, and everyone agrees that the course is amazing. St.George's is too risky to firm as it has a relatively low student satisfaction. If you firm St.George's you could likely end up hating it. I would say Keele is a much better choice because of the great course, the high student satisfaction, and the beautiful area. St.George's surrounding area is unanimously agreed to be sh*t, which is probably why the student satisfaction is so low. In addition everyone knows that being in London as a student is financially painful.

A lot people only firm St.George's because it's the only option they have.

At the end of the day, it's up to you, but be very careful with St.George's.

note to self and everyone else on this forum

ignore this troll.
Original post by georgiahinch
I'm still waiting to be invited to one :frown:

really?? Have you firmed? That's not very good of them :/ if you only got your offer recently they could be doing one later on maybe?
Original post by Athena97

When I visited, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the uni/facilities and the halls were! Plus they have an amazing bar actually inside the uni, like it's all so convenient and modern. All the students there seemed really happy and I loved their lecturers/staff too, they were all funny and engaging aha. I'd say visit the uni on an offer-holders day or something to get a feel for yourself! :smile:

Also the location is pretty good, uni is so close to the station so you can travel around london!
I had my offer in feb?? Firmed not long after
Plymouth or Sgul?:rolleyes:
Original post by bobthedoctor
Plymouth or Sgul?:rolleyes:

In order to decide i would say take alook and visit the unis to see which one you like better. It's all a matter of personal preference. It would be cheaper in plymouth as its outside also the area is much nicer than tooting. It's also higher up on the league table. Plymouth is actually a proper uni so you get to uni life and meeting different kinds of people from a different courses whereas at st George's your stuck to a healthcare only uni. If I had the choice I would choose Plymouth personally.
Original post by Cookiedough96
If I had the choice I would choose Plymouth personally.

think we can tell from your points above :tongue:
I had an interview at plymouth, it was a nice uni i guess but the city atmosphere wasn't for me haha, just seemed quite small and compact, plus soo far away as well from manchester , distance is a huge factor
I've declined my offer as I have an unconditional elsewhere - best of luck to those still waiting and I hope you get my place :smile:
why's there two facebook pages? and why has someone made an account called "St George's- Welcome"
Original post by blissfully
I've declined my offer as I have an unconditional elsewhere - best of luck to those still waiting and I hope you get my place :smile:

Where are you off to?
Original post by atlsme
Where are you off to?

University of East Anglia :biggrin:
Original post by blissfully
University of East Anglia :biggrin:

for medicine? I got an offer from UEA too, really stuck on which to chose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending