The Student Room Group

How many pages of notes do you have for revision?

In total, how many pages of notes are you revising from in preparation for your exams? Do you condense it down to a few pages or have lots of pages?
Reply 1
Bumpty-humpty
Going through each book for every module, welcome to cramming world.
Depends on the subject. For physics I only have about 20 pages of notes but for chemistry I've got most of a pukka pad full and for biology I've got about half of a notebooks worth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by morgan006
Depends on the subject. For physics I only have about 20 pages of notes but for chemistry I've got most of a pukka pad full and for biology I've got about half of a notebooks worth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by James E Walker
Going through each book for every module, welcome to cramming world.

How do you remember everything if you make so many notes? You see I condensed all my notes but still had about 50-100 pages per module, so now condensing down even more so I have around 30 pages per module
Original post by gman10
How do you remember everything if you make so many notes? You see I condensed all my notes but still had about 50-100 pages per module, so now condensing down even more so I have around 30 pages per module

I don't just remember.. I learn :smile:
Original post by gman10

I go through them and highlight and by the time of the exam I've read through them loads of times. I learn more from doing past papers because I remember what I do wrong and what the right answer was. My notes are there to go back to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usually around 100 (typed) pages per module (eight modules per year), but I study physics so most of the space is filled with equations with the occassional graph and table. It's not solid prose. In fact, it's very spacey.
Reply 8
Original post by Keyhofi
Usually around 100 (typed) pages per module (eight modules per year), but I study physics so most of the space is filled with equations with the occassional graph and table. It's not solid prose. In fact, it's very spacey.

That is quite a lot haha!
For History, I have about 9 units to write notes on, per book. Some chapters I've condensed down to about 8/9 pages and some are as less as 3! Actually making them stick in my head is the problem. Takes forever!
Reply 10
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
For History, I have about 9 units to write notes on, per book. Some chapters I've condensed down to about 8/9 pages and some are as less as 3! Actually making them stick in my head is the problem. Takes forever!

Yeah, that is the same issue that I am having. What are your tips for making revision stick?
For me (at uni now) I have 4 modules over the year and i've averaging around 150 pages of notes per module + about 350 revision cards (woop).

I was quite similar at A level with one unit of biology having about 100-150 pages and chemistry being about 100 per unit (but no revision cards).
Original post by gman10
Yeah, that is the same issue that I am having. What are your tips for making revision stick?

Usually I'd read through my notes a lot and then condense them even more on flash cards to the point where I only need a prompt to recall a fact or date. For example, my flash card would read 'Yom Kippur War' and I'd know the facts and dates straight away from my repetitive memorisation, condensing and re-writing technique. However if I'm short on time, I'll prioritise all the vital info (all the wars, treaties, key figures, timelines) first and memorise from my long notes, which is what I'm doing now.

Hope that helped! :smile: Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When i study i properly concentrate on learning didn't remember to count note pages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending