The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airfairy
Is it inappropriate to ask out the ict technician at my placement school? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there's one thing this thread needs, it's a romance! Do it!
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Oh, it is totally insane. I feel like an obsessed 16 year old again. I find myself looking for tech problems just so I have an excuse to see him. But yes, as I said above, the problem is that I struggle to catch him alone because he shares his office with another guy. No way I am asking him out in front of someone else :colondollar: .
Oh, it is totally insane. I feel like an obsessed 16 year old again. I find myself looking for tech problems just so I have an excuse to see him. But yes, as I said above, the problem is that I struggle to catch him alone because he shares his office with another guy. No way I am asking him out in front of someone else :colondollar: .

If you are smart enough to cope with a PGCE, you're smart enough to wangle a moment alone. You go, girl!
If you are smart enough to cope with a PGCE, you're smart enough to wangle a moment alone. You go, girl!

Ha, as wise as always. I will keep this thread updated...
Ha, as wise as always. I will keep this thread updated...

You must! I only get second hand thrills these days!

Agreed! My love life has been so bleak since starting this course that it'd be nice to see someone take a chance :')
Original post by Samus2
Agreed! My love life has been so bleak since starting this course that it'd be nice to see someone take a chance :')

I met my husband on my PGCE course. I'm keen to see a repeat on here.
Original post by Samus2

I am quite confident with making the first move so I think I will at some point. If he says no then oh well at least I asked. And it's a compliment for him. Who knows. Now just to break something then I can get him alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am quite confident with making the first move so I think I will at some point. If he says no then oh well at least I asked. And it's a compliment for him. Who knows. Now just to break something then I can get him alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

How cool would that be... Especially if you decided not to go in to teaching, it would be like "If I never did the PGCE we wouldn't have met!!!"

We will all be checking for updates!!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good on you! Let us know how it goes!

When I was training I was too exhausted to think, let alone find a boyfriend! Within a week of finishing school in July I was on a dating site and met my boyfriend 6 weeks later. 7 months down the line and we're going strong, but it's been hard enough finding time to see him as an NQT, I can't imagine how I'd have done it last year!

As for getting him alone, you need to track the other guy's break schedule, hehe.
Hi
What was the assignment questions, where do I find examples?

Original post by alabelle
Do you have any part days/training days in a school when you're at uni? If so, those count.

I am starting one soon - where can I find assignment questions or examples of some so I can prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use tech in your lesson, pretend to break it and hope the right tech comes out to help you!
Got an interview for the place I really really like :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Got an interview for the place I really really like :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ooh congratulations! What does it involve? xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Use tech in your lesson, pretend to break it and hope the right tech comes out to help you!

I'm not gonna ask him out in front of the kids! :lol:

And oog when's the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pineapple pie
Ooh congratulations! What does it involve? xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea yet. Only had a warning phone call so I can get cover for Monday and they're going to email me all of the details.

I'm not gonna ask him out in front of the kids! :lol:

And oog when's the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you not step out to talk to technicians? Pretend to be practicing for an observation. We are now all routing for you!

Monday. I am beyond terrified.
No idea yet. Only had a warning phone call so I can get cover for Monday and they're going to email me all of the details.

Do you not step out to talk to technicians? Pretend to be practicing for an observation. We are now all routing for you!

Monday. I am beyond terrified.

No I don't. I've never needed them in a lesson. I'm having doubts now - I mean how awkward will it be if he says no and I've got see him for the rest of my placement!

Oh good luck! Keep us updated. I'm hoping to get an interview next week for a school I'm really interested in. Monday isn't too bad though , gives you some time to prepare for it.
Original post by Nisar31
I am starting one soon - where can I find assignment questions or examples of some so I can prepare?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Sorry, long day in school. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending