The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

I saw the trailer on YouTube it was always on as a advertisement about 2 months ago, it was about this boy (might have been a group of boys) who take money and get loads of money together then this girl appears and they have to choose between the money or something! It can't have been that long ago because it was advertised on YouTube!

Original post by Andy98
No, in enchanted the girl comes from another world and falls in love with a guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

This one has already been answered. It is Kate and Leopold.
Reply 622
Hoping someone can help me here! I watched this zombie film years ago that I'm struggling to remember much of, but has stayed in my mind for some reason. I watched it something like 14 years ago when I was in Vietnam, but was definitely an English/American film.

From what I can remember, it was about this guy slowly turning into a zombie for some reason (maybe bitten or virus or something) and I think was narrated by the guy too. And unfortunately that's pretty much all I can remember of it. It didn't seem like a horror per say I don't think, no jump scares or stuff like that, just maybe a bit gory and made your heart pound. Scenes I remember from it is the guy drilling some metal bars to his legs because he needs support as he turns into a zombie. Also a scene where (possibly?) he finds a guy in a cabin turning into a zombie, tries to carry him out but then drops him in a field and runs off. I know it might all sound random, mainly because it is. I was 7 when I watched it and this is all I can remember from it iirc, but I remember it terrifying me. Thanks for any help!
Kk
Hi, looking for a romantic com I think or just rom. She kisses her bf goodbye at the airport and then she meets anotber guy. She meets him a few times down the years and her friend sees him trying on a suit at a shop and assumes he is getting married. At one point he goes outside her outside and I think he starts singing with a guitar or something ? Thats all I remember !! Any suggestions? Thanks
Reply 625
An old film, b&w iirc. Follows the life of the narrator, who tells us about the crimes he commits. The narration comes from the diary he's keeping while on death row for the crimes in the film. It ends by him being released without charge, but then they find his diary.

I remember some murder scene in a photographer's darkroom. It was set in England (before the death sentence was abolished)
Original post by JPUF
An old film, b&w iirc. Follows the life of the narrator, who tells us about the crimes he commits. The narration comes from the diary he's keeping while on death row for the crimes in the film. It ends by him being released without charge, but then they find his diary.

I remember some murder scene in a photographer's darkroom. It was set in England (before the death sentence was abolished)

Kind Hearts and Coronets

with

Sir Alec Guinness
Dennis Price
Valerie Hobson

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 627
Sweeeeet, thanks, it had been a while
Ok so i watched this film ages ago so im guessing 90s and it's about a girl who goes out with her best friends father but her best friend doesn't know (they are in high school) and she gets pregnant but then the father dies and when her parents find out she's pregnant they disown her but she has the baby. That's all i remember. Thanks.
There was a film largely focused on a relationship between two teenage girls (aged 16-19) who possibly ran away from home in to the countryside and they like each other so much that they may have kissed half way through it. One was brunette while the other was a bright ginger. It's an american film that's partly - or mostly - shot in black and white which came out in 1990 or 91. And I'm pretty sure it ain't no pawno! :h:
Original post by noggins
There was a film largely focused on a relationship between two teenage girls (aged 16-19) who possibly ran away from home in to the countryside and they like each other so much that they may have kissed half way through it. One was brunette while the other was a bright ginger. It's an american film that's partly - or mostly - shot in black and white which came out in 1990 or 91. And I'm pretty sure it ain't no pawno! :h:

Only thing I can think of is "My Summer of Love" but it doesn't fit a few of your categories: not in B&W, not American, not 90s...

Posted from TSR Mobile
i don't get you tell me something more on this..!!
I watched this movie, a sort of chick flick, where the teenage girl visits her uncle in a town in america. Her uncle owns a garage where the guy works as a mechanic (or assistant, don't remember). I remember the last scene really clearly. She was about to get on the plane, when he kisses her gives her a pair of earrings and walks away smiling. I watched it a LONG time ago. PLEASE HELP!!!
Reply 633
Original post by fandom-queen
I watched this movie, a sort of chick flick, where the teenage girl visits her uncle in a town in america. Her uncle owns a garage where the guy works as a mechanic (or assistant, don't remember). I remember the last scene really clearly. She was about to get on the plane, when he kisses her gives her a pair of earrings and walks away smiling. I watched it a LONG time ago. PLEASE HELP!!!

I think this one is My Girl 2
I remember the last scene because I found it so weird that she kissed her cousin :lol:
Reply 634
Original post by jaderosellixo
ok so there's a film- the guy and girl are lying in bed and he has his eyes closed and says to her stop worrying or something like that and then she says how did you know I was worried you didn't have your eyes open and then he says something se and she hugs him??

Did anyone figure this out? It's a vague description but I feel like I've seen it too. But I can't remember anything else, or find anything on Google.
Original post by kiramay
Did anyone figure this out? It's a vague description but I feel like I've seen it too. But I can't remember anything else, or find anything on Google.

I thought someone said it was an episode from One Tree Hill?

I vaguely remember it. I'm sure it was.

EDIT: It is.

Season 3, Episode 13 - “The Wind That Blew My Heart Away”
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 636
Original post by rachaelftw
I thought someone said it was an episode from One Tree Hill?

I vaguely remember it. I'm sure it was.

Oops! I should have read the thread more accurately!

That explains why I recognise it, having seen all of One Tree Hill. Did they say what season or any other episode details by any chance? Or which characters?

Thank youuuuuu!:smile:

Edit: Just noticed your edit! Thank youu!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kiramay
Just noticed your edit! Thank you so much!

It was Haley & Nathan and godamn it was so cute :love::love::love:
Reply 638
Hey all, this seems like a great thread. Hopefully someone will know something about this film that I've been trying to find out about for years.

So I know it's rather old, I seem to remember it having a sort of faded colouring to it like an old carry on film would. There is only one scene I can recall and it goes something like this:

There are a group of knights/adventurers traversing through some sort of underground dungeon. Accompanying them is a sort of gremlin/goblin creature who they are not on terribly fond of. The group reach a large chasm from which arise numerous, tall, round platforms. Some are coloured red and some blue. The gang discover that if they step on the wrong colour platform they will die, (fall to their deaths or something) so they send their goblin companion to a nearby goblin king creature who lives inside this subterranean complex to try and ascertain what colour is the safe route. The king however, with promises of treasure, convinces the goblin to tell the group the that wrong colour is safe, sending them to their deaths.

Here is where it gets hazy. The goblin returns and lies to the knights but I seem to remember that due to his rudeness and erraticness they discover he is lying, throw him on one of the coloured pillars which sends him to the depths of the chasm, allowing the knights to continue their voyage.

I've tried so many times to find this. I don't think it was that Monty Python film, it was far too serious and I've watched it since. It's not this 'Labyrinth' film with David Bowie from what I can establish. It might even be a television series for all I know, I'm rather useless so if anyone has any clue as to what this scene could be from I'd be so grateful.

Cheers!
Original post by Roofas
Hey all, this seems like a great thread. Hopefully someone will know something about this film that I've been trying to find out about for years.

So I know it's rather old, I seem to remember it having a sort of faded colouring to it like an old carry on film would. There is only one scene I can recall and it goes something like this:

There are a group of knights/adventurers traversing through some sort of underground dungeon. Accompanying them is a sort of gremlin/goblin creature who they are not on terribly fond of. The group reach a large chasm from which arise numerous, tall, round platforms. Some are coloured red and some blue. The gang discover that if they step on the wrong colour platform they will die, (fall to their deaths or something) so they send their goblin companion to a nearby goblin king creature who lives inside this subterranean complex to try and ascertain what colour is the safe route. The king however, with promises of treasure, convinces the goblin to tell the group the that wrong colour is safe, sending them to their deaths.

Here is where it gets hazy. The goblin returns and lies to the knights but I seem to remember that due to his rudeness and erraticness they discover he is lying, throw him on one of the coloured pillars which sends him to the depths of the chasm, allowing the knights to continue their voyage.

I've tried so many times to find this. I don't think it was that Monty Python film, it was far too serious and I've watched it since. It's not this 'Labyrinth' film with David Bowie from what I can establish. It might even be a television series for all I know, I'm rather useless so if anyone has any clue as to what this scene could be from I'd be so grateful.

Cheers!

Not sure from some parts of your description if I'm right, but it sounds a bit like "The Princess and the Goblin".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Goblin_(film)

Any help?

Quick Reply