The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi Vicky,
Thanks a lot got an offer today, so exited and can't wait to start uni.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Mo_12397
Hi Vicky,
Thanks a lot got an offer today, so exited and can't wait to start uni.

That's great - glad it's sorted! :biggrin:

Vicky
Hi, I received a conditional offer from Loughborough this afternoon ! Excited, but I noticed that they require me to receive AAAABB in my examinations, while the ucas search website lists that the course requirements are AABBBB. I wanted to ask if this is just a mistake, or do they change the requirements individually for each candidate ?
Reply 283
Original post by BlueWolf16
Hi, I received a conditional offer from Loughborough this afternoon ! Excited, but I noticed that they require me to receive AAAABB in my examinations, while the ucas search website lists that the course requirements are AABBBB. I wanted to ask if this is just a mistake, or do they change the requirements individually for each candidate ?

I'd check on the Loughborough website, it will contain the most up to date info. Its possible the grades have been upped from everyone, just UCAS hasn't been updated yet :smile:
I'm hoping to do Sociology with Criminology. I need BBB/BBA to get in but I think ill get AAC. What do I do?!:frown:
Original post by BlueWolf16

Hi BlueWolf16

Entry requirements are normally within a range, so yes different applicants will get different offers. If you want to let me know what it is you are studying, I can get you the relevant contact number / e-mail to contact the department directly.

Vicky
Original post by Emily Cording
I'm hoping to do Sociology with Criminology. I need BBB/BBA to get in but I think ill get AAC. What do I do?!:frown:

Hi Emily

If you contact a lady called Anne-Marie Joyce (she works in Social Sciences), she'll be able to give you some advice.
You can call her on 01509 223365 or e-mail her at [email protected]
I've also sent you a PM with some more info.

Vicky
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,
I applied to Loughborough on the 5th of December for Mechanical Engineering Beng but haven't had a reply of an offer/rejection. Should I contact the department or stay patient?
Hello I was wondering when/how I apply for accommodation? Also I'm really unsure about which one to choose. Is it just worth going for one nearest to my department or just on reputation?
Original post by aislingtea
Hi,
I applied to Loughborough on the 5th of December for Mechanical Engineering Beng but haven't had a reply of an offer/rejection. Should I contact the department or stay patient?

Hi aislingtea

I'd contact the department, I know they are running behind schedule because of some technical problems.
However, I would definitely give them a call. The lady you need to speak to is Sheralyn Thorne and her number is 01509 227 644 or you can e-mail her at [email protected]

Vicky
Original post by domorris
Hello I was wondering when/how I apply for accommodation? Also I'm really unsure about which one to choose. Is it just worth going for one nearest to my department or just on reputation?

Hi domorris

You might find my accommodation thread useful:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2887447

If you've made Loughborough your firm choice, you'll be sent an e-mail in May with details on how to register and everything you need to know on how and when you can apply.

It's really up to you on where you decide. If you let me know what you're going to be studying, I can let you know which are the closes to you and then you can decide from there.

All the halls have their pros and cons and don't forget the people in them change every year, so going on reputation alone - you may find it has a totally different dynamic when you start if you see what I mean.

If you need anymore info, let me know.
Vicky
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful :smile: I have made Loughborough my firm choice, will be studying industrial design and technology.
Original post by domorris
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful :smile: I have made Loughborough my firm choice, will be studying industrial design and technology.

Hi domorris

Glad it helped a bit! You'll be based at the Design School then, so the closest halls for you are:

Towers

Butler Court

Falk Egg

However, with free campus shuttle bus for students, it doesn't really matter where you are on campus to be honest!

Just have a look at the prices, whether you want catered or self catered and take it from there.

If you need to know anything else, let me know.

Vicky
Hey Vicky, I have firmed Accounting and Financial Management. On UCAS track it says the course starts on 1st September. Does this mean that freshers week commences in the last week of August? Seems strange.. please clarify..thank you
Original post by fbrep2012
Hey Vicky, I have firmed Accounting and Financial Management. On UCAS track it says the course starts on 1st September. Does this mean that freshers week commences in the last week of August? Seems strange.. please clarify..thank you

Hi fbrep2012

UCAS say every course starts on 1st Sept because technically that's when the start of the academic year is and some Unis do start earlier.

However, every University has their own start date.

Term starts here on 28th September 2015 so freshers will be before that.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Vicky
Reply 295
I've received a conditional offer for the Management Sciences course, starting this September, requesting that I get 36 points in the IB in order to be admitted. However, I've noticed on the official Loughborough website that the requirements for the course have been altered to 34 points for 2016 entry. What I would like to know is whether, given the change in requirements for 2016 entry, the offer which I have received is flexible.
Original post by Thornet
I've received a conditional offer for the Management Sciences course, starting this September, requesting that I get 36 points in the IB in order to be admitted. However, I've noticed on the official Loughborough website that the requirements for the course have been altered to 34 points for 2016 entry. What I would like to know is whether, given the change in requirements for 2016 entry, the offer which I have received is flexible.

Hi Thornet

I think the best thing to do is to contact the Business School directly and ask them.
Best person to speak to is Charlotte Connor and you can e-mail her at [email protected] or call her on +44 (0)1509 223393

Entry requirements do change every year, some go up, some go down - it's pretty standard for this to happen.

Charlotte will be able to help you though and answer your question.

If you need to know anything else, let me know.
Vicky
Hai.. I have a conditional offer from Loughborough University.. I have to apply for ATAS certificate.. I have received it and uploaded in my applications page... 10 Days have passed but still it's not changed to Unconditional... Will It take time??
Original post by Praveen7552081
Hai.. I have a conditional offer from Loughborough University.. I have to apply for ATAS certificate.. I have received it and uploaded in my applications page... 10 Days have passed but still it's not changed to Unconditional... Will It take time??

Hi Praveen7552081,

I've just spoken to the admission's team as I wasn't sure. They've said though they need a bit more information from you to understand what's going on so if you can please contact them directly they will be able to help!

The number to call is 01509 223522 or alternatively you can send your ATAS certificate to [email protected] with your enquiry and they can help you from there.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Jarrah
Hi. I have been declined by Loughborough university due to my predicted grades not being within the requirements however, I believe I'll be able to do better than predicted. Just bellow the requirements. So I've decided to re apply through clearing. Who do I contact for this? How likely is it that this is going to happen, that I will be accepted ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending