The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Ah, well I've done the 2012 papers today as part of revision for my mock ok Wednesday and they went okay :/ I know it's not the most recent papers but I noticed they are starting to get harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good! How did you find Jan 12 C4?
Reply 221
Original post by lionelmessi19
That's good! How did you find Jan 12 C4?

I got 63/75 with harsh marking, so I was pretty pleased, although there's room for improvement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I got 63/75 with harsh marking, so I was pretty pleased, although there's room for improvement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's decent! Well Done :wink:
Reply 223
That's decent! Well Done :wink:

Thank you! Fills me with a bit of confidence ahead of Wednesday, although some of my friends who had the mock today complained! :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thank you! Fills me with a bit of confidence ahead of Wednesday, although some of my friends who had the mock today complained! :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, yeah its good to be confident going into the exam :smile:
Well, you can just tell by the grade boundaries that the mock is difficult. Don't see why anyone wouldn't complain about its difficulty haha!
Original post by CD223
That's not terrible! What was the boundary for an A*? Probably that sort of mark!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is lol I should be getting 70+ considering I do A2 FM. A* isn't good enough I need to be getting 100 :biggrin:
Reply 226
Haha, yeah its good to be confident going into the exam :smile:
Well, you can just tell by the grade boundaries that the mock is difficult. Don't see why anyone wouldn't complain about its difficulty haha!

Yeah, at least if I find it hard I know that it was the hardest of recent papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by ubisoft
That is lol I should be getting 70+ considering I do A2 FM. A* isn't good enough I need to be getting 100 :biggrin:

Hahah, such a perfectionist! An A* is an A* :wink:

I just pray for 90 UMS in Core 3 and Core 4, then M2, provided I get more than 3 UMS, won't matter. It's the grade at the end of the day, and not the UMS that is worried about :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah, at least if I find it hard I know that it was the hardest of recent papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly hahaha!! :wink:
Reply 229
Yeah exactly hahaha!! :wink:

Has your teacher finished the syllabus? I still have Hooke's Law to go in M2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Has your teacher finished the syllabus? I still have Hooke's Law to go in M2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, we've finished the course ages ago.. Like before easter! But I've already forgotten my stats!
Reply 231
Yes, we've finished the course ages ago.. Like before easter! But I've already forgotten my stats!

Ah that's good!
I have to always skip the Hooke's Law question in the past papers I've been doing. Might have to catch up by only answering those questions from past papers that I've skipped after it's been taught!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232
For those asking me, here is the June 2014 paper (sorry, I don't have a mark scheme):
Original post by CD223
Ah that's good!
I have to always skip the Hooke's Law question in the past papers I've been doing. Might have to catch up by only answering those questions from past papers that I've skipped after it's been taught!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, you'll be an expert at Hooke's Law after that then :tongue:
Reply 234
Haha, you'll be an expert at Hooke's Law after that then :tongue:

Hope it doesn't... stretch me too much though! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hope it doesn't... stretch me too much though! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahaha!! Joker :tongue:
You only need like 5 UMS,, can't possibly be stretching you!
Reply 236
Hahahahaha!! Joker :tongue:
You only need like 5 UMS,, can't possibly be stretching you!

Ngl that makes me want to just not do a single past paper for M2 and focus on my other subjects :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ngl that makes me want to just not do a single past paper for M2 and focus on my other subjects :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the same for stats, that's why I really need that 100 ums on C3 & C4 :biggrin:

M2 is a really good module though, you should try some papers. I actually enjoy doing mechanics papers that's how much I like it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Hahah, such a perfectionist! An A* is an A* :wink:I just pray for 90 UMS in Core 3 and Core 4, then M2, provided I get more than 3 UMS, won't matter. It's the grade at the end of the day, and not the UMS that is worried about :wink:Posted from TSR Mobile

lol i got 297 too :biggrin:
Reply 239
Original post by ubisoft
I'm doing the same for stats, that's why I really need that 100 ums on C3 & C4 :biggrin:

M2 is a really good module though, you should try some papers. I actually enjoy doing mechanics papers that's how much I like it

Ah I see why you're being perfectionist now :wink:

I've done 2005-2008 M2 papers and June 09 + Jan 10 for homework so I've done a few!

I'm by no means as comfortable with M2 as I am with Core 3 and Clre 4 but I guess that's not a bad thing?

What other subjects do you do?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending