The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

i'll have been waiting 2 months in May and if i get rejected after that length of a wait I'll be heart broken, its so unfair
itl be same for me my interview was last month
it has happened in previous years though
Reply 903
I think it's so cruel tomorrow it will be exactly 10 weeks since I did my interview, I think if they know who defo isn't getting a place on the waiting list they should be contacting us sooner than this like
definately x
Something that's worrying me but it's just me over thinking. I applied for Queen's and UU and agreed to share information. I know alot of people from the previous years threads have said thats a bad thing. Despite my application for Queens and UU, my interview was at Belfast Met! I know the location of the interview means nothing, I just think its weird. Wondering if I would have given myself a better shot interviewing separately?! What are your opinions on it?!
Reply 906
Original post by RangerDanger
Something that's worrying me but it's just me over thinking. I applied for Queen's and UU and agreed to share information. I know alot of people from the previous years threads have said thats a bad thing. Despite my application for Queens and UU, my interview was at Belfast Met! I know the location of the interview means nothing, I just think its weird. Wondering if I would have given myself a better shot interviewing separately?! What are your opinions on it?!

I shared my info too, the only reason some people dont share info is because they feel if they mess up an interview for one place they have a second chance at another and if i have to go through this again i will not being sharing info as i feel it puts a lot of pressure on. did you apply to BMC? or are you from belfast? it could be that UU were dealing with your application and thought it would be easier for you to do it in the BMC instead of magee
I just really want to know what people have been scoring so I can gage whether r not il get a place..its freaking me out thinking people could score ten out of ten r even mine and a half
Reply 908
Original post by jenny coll
I just really want to know what people have been scoring so I can gage whether r not il get a place..its freaking me out thinking people could score ten out of ten r even mine and a half

i know! im acc going out of my mind! and i keep waiting to see a ucas thing or someone saying their offers have come through on this because it was about this time 2012/13 the offers were starting to come out from UU ive lit checked track like 6 times today haha i hate this!
I know but I do reckon it's goina b another wk at least. I know my two friends last yr didn't get told via ucas until the 6th May. Scary I know .
I definitely didn score in high 50s I reckon :frown:
Praying away for us all lol x
Reply 911
yes and no matter what happens dont give up! eventually we will be social workers :smile:
Thanks guys...fingers crossed x
I do think it will be start of may as some1 mentioned on here that they no some1 whos interview is 30th of this month? My cousin applied 6yrs ago an got declined 2nd week in may :frown: she got her feed back which was she only scored 39 which was the lower rank so they couldn't offer her a place :frown: she was gutted x
Original post by annad93
I shared my info too, the only reason some people dont share info is because they feel if they mess up an interview for one place they have a second chance at another and if i have to go through this again i will not being sharing info as i feel it puts a lot of pressure on. did you apply to BMC? or are you from belfast? it could be that UU were dealing with your application and thought it would be easier for you to do it in the BMC instead of magee

Yea I think that is wise, if I am in that boat next year i'll do the same! I'm in England but also have a postal address in Co Down so mine was probably at the Met for convenience. That makes sense as most of my dealings have been with UU, so they saved me a journey really.

My two interviewers were lovely, but they told me not to take the UCAS dates as the gospel. Even if you are not placed, you can still get a place as late as August if someone pulls out.
Reply 915
Original post by Andrea33
I do think it will be start of may as some1 mentioned on here that they no some1 whos interview is 30th of this month? My cousin applied 6yrs ago an got declined 2nd week in may :frown: she got her feed back which was she only scored 39 which was the lower rank so they couldn't offer her a place :frown: she was gutted x

Aw that's awful :frown: thats what I find really cruel about the whole thing though like they must have known sooner that she couldn't be placed why did they keep her waiting until mid May? :frown: did she reapply?
Aw I knw its :frown: she look few yrs out then we started our degree together, took last year out an reapplied this year but she got declined two days aftr interview :frown: best about it she is highly intelligent an certainly knws her stuff, but nerves got the better off her to the stage that she couldn't even speak :frown: she was trembling from head to toe...shes goni apply next year again tho :smile: x
Reply 917
Original post by Andrea33
Aw I knw its :frown: she look few yrs out then we started our degree together, took last year out an reapplied this year but she got declined two days aftr interview :frown: best about it she is highly intelligent an certainly knws her stuff, but nerves got the better off her to the stage that she couldn't even speak :frown: she was trembling from head to toe...shes goni apply next year again tho :smile: x

Thats awful :frown: whats your degree in? the interview is nerve wrecking i was shaking the whole way through like and i had to try really hard not to panic when my mind blanked, i just kept sipping on water lol its a tough process and part of the interview is to assess whether you're ready to do the degree, emotionally and mentally, hopefully we've all proved ourselves :smile: but as my mummy always says, its all for a reason :smile: x
Jeepers 30th April they still . Definitely won't hear until near 7th May.
its going to be a nerve wrecking two wks lol.
Reply 919
Original post by khutchinson06
i know but well know soon i guess if i dont get in straight away i hope to even get on the reserve list

Yeah same here I hope at least to make reserve list, another 2 weeks I would imagine b4 we hear. My nerves are wrecked!!

Quick Reply

Latest